Where are all the 7.62s?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SO stoked!!! When I checked their site to see "IN STOCK" I did a double kick jump flip in my chair and called and told 3 different people who probably weren't as stoked as I am since they don't have o

Its good to have a date, but march? dang. sure its just like a week away, but i want it now. haha. good thing i got my 12 to keep me happy.

Just spoke with Mike at AoA, he said my 7.62 would be shipping out tomorrow at the latest.   Can't wait for my first Saiga!    

Posted Images

Yeah I saw that post too..... Funny I already have ammo and mags and other accessories for a gun that's on backorder. Oh well

I had to pre-order from Arms of America, but damn, the price was right. No screwing with a gun show and wasting time, just sent to FFL and done.

Here in Dallas shops are asking $499 for Century AKs......

Edited by alex e

Hmm... Saturday now... I wonder. :unsure:

He said this week he'd tell us something... This week is pretty much over now...

I'll put a nice big old surprised smiley face in this thread if he actually comes through with some "priviledged" information.

I wont be holding my breath though.

Edited by Mullet Man

Hmm... Saturday now... I wonder. :unsure:

He said this week he'd tell us something... This week is pretty much over now...

I'll put a nice big old surprised smiley face in this thread if he actually comes through with some "priviledged" information.

I wont be holding my breath though.

He posted in another thread last night... :unsure:

I had to pre-order from Arms of America, but damn, the price was right. No screwing with a gun show and wasting time, just sent to FFL and done.

I also put in an order with arms of america, they had and might still have 20 inch 7.62s in stock and 5.45 (But I wanted a 16 inch). I gave them a call today and they told me that

the new importer is being held up at customs, and that in the next 2 to 3 weeks they should be receiving and shipping them.

Thanks for doing that detective work, Wulf....much appreciated. I just emailed Mike.

Not a problem, :D . Btw you might want to give them a call. They've left 2 of my emails unanswered for months yet picked up and were helpful during phone calls. I also got a tracking information for a shipment to another state (meant for another customer). I don't want to rush and say they're not organized since it's a small team over there, but you might want to call them too.

I also put in an order with arms of america, they had and might still have 20 inch 7.62s in stock and 5.45 (But I wanted a 16 inch). I gave them a call today and they told me that

the new importer is being held up at customs, and that in the next 2 to 3 weeks they should be receiving and shipping them.

I'm trying to get another 7.62x39 Saiga rifle myself.

Just curious...who is the new importer? Thanks!

I'm trying to get another 7.62x39 Saiga rifle myself.

Just curious...who is the new importer? Thanks!

Mercury-Hermes, if I remember right.

Yes, it's Mercury-Hermes. BVamp has a private phone number to call and they always answer and cater to his every whim. :lolol:

I wonder if the price will jump up again. Should of bought 2,3 .. instead of 1 when they were 245.

Who knows? We'll have to do our own research though as BVamp can't seem to provide any insight on anything. I'm going to check a few local stores to see what they have in stock and they're going for later in the week. Any jump in price from any of the forum vendors? I've seen prices jump on Gunbroker, but that's just some assholes trying to rip others off.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel your arms of america order. Make sure you call to see that the other place that's selling it has them in stock.

I'm going to keep my order with aoa, they said they will honor the pre-order price of 350$ whenever the new guns come in.

As discussed in this thread there are some indications from AIM Surplus that the new importer is going to be the same company that brings us Wolf Ammunition, now referred to as "WPA". I PMed the guy from AIM in the AR15.com thread and he is pretty convinced that this is for sure going to be the case. I've also got an email sent to Wolf WPA to see if they can confirm the rumors.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure you can cancel your arms of america order. Make sure you call to see that the other place that's selling it has them in stock.

I'm going to keep my order with aoa, they said they will honor the pre-order price of 350$ whenever the new guns come in.

have you got a status update on when the 7.62x39 are going to get in?

I have yet to give them a call, I got distracted by a local K98 mauser and a local unfired Saiga 5.45x39 dimpled and all. For some reason waiting on a gun makes me buy other guns to cope with the wait.

i hear that. i am guilty of buying a pistol while i wait for my 7.62x39. to go along w/my 2 saiga 12's. now a 7.62x39 u.s. ak caught my eye in my gun shop. well let me know if you hear anything, i'd appreciate it. i plan on calling them early next week.

I'm going to call them tomorrow. Riflegear, a shop in southern California recently got some Saigas in stock. I don't know what this means for everyone else or how they got a hold of them :unsure:

my brother talked to them and they said that they got past customs and are filling orders. don't know let me know if you hear something different. thanks