IZ109 vs IZ-108

So I see that the Saiga 12 IZ-108 is now available. Is the only difference between the two the fact that the IZ-108 has the top rail (I assume connected to the forgrip), and the 109 does not? I really want the quad rail anyway so that part would be removed. I just want to be sure that there are no other differences that would make the conversion more complicated or perhaps other differences that might make the 108 less desireable. Any feedback?

That "top rail" is actually an adjustable rib sight. It's easily removed by taking out the rear support and adjusting the front all way up until it comes off the threaded stud underneath. Just like the front bead on the 109s, that stud can be cut off and ground flush with the gas block. The rib is in no way connected to the fore grip. Some of the older models came with no BHO or barrel threads but the new ones are the same as the IZ-109 except for the sights....as long as the barrel length is the same.

So I see that the Saiga 12 IZ-108 is now available. Is the only difference between the two the fact that the IZ-108 has the top rail (I assume connected to the forgrip), and the 109 does not? I really want the quad rail anyway so that part would be removed. I just want to be sure that there are no other differences that would make the conversion more complicated or perhaps other differences that might make the 108 less desireable. Any feedback?

Which quad are you looking at?

I was looking at this one

2359852.JPG

I am not stuck on that one, but I want one like it because I want the vertical foregrip and potentially a red dot optic and laser/flashlight mounts. Should I get a triple instead and go with the reciever side mount for the red dot optic instead? I would think it would be nicer to have it farther back, rather than all the way up front.

With the 108 would i have to do any additional grinding or work to the gun? If its just removing a part obviously im cool with that. It looks like the 108 im looking at comes with a 19" barrel.

Edited by Torqued

I think I would rather have a red dot mount like this, JTEmag-gun.jpg

but $99 seems a bit steep for this thing. Any other options like this that arent so $???

So this Tri should fit the 108 without mods right?

005.JPG

Then it would kinda look like the 109 with the quad shown above...Correct? Then I could get the rear red dot to get the config im looking for.

Edited by Torqued

Here is the 108 for those of you who have not seen it

IZ-108.jpg

It's been experience from the vast amount of people calling me over the last year that have this, if you're planning on a quad rail system avoid this setup!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased the IZ-108 as my buddy and I couldn't find any IZ-109's for sale and were getting a little impatient. I removed my adjustable site rail as described above and I removed the rear sight base by using a dremel to cut the ears off and to cut half way through the sight base. I finished it by using a hack saw until I was almost 99% through and then tapped it out with a drift and hammer. You could then grind down the front sight post and install your quad rail.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...