Best Turkey hunting set-up

I ordered my first Saiga 12 today from a local shop. I brought in some info from a website (Kieslers online) that showed a 22" barrel, beaded sights, and 3" chamber for $239.00.

He called Kieslers. After he was on hold for about 10 minutes he hung up and quickly ordered one from another company, then looked at me and said... "$290.00 shipped". I accepted this price because nobody around here will get me one for under $300.00.

I asked him if he got the exact model I wanted and he said... "They only make one model".

You see, I am new to shotties and I only discovered this site last night and skimmed through it briefly. Now I am reading about all these different models and NOT really laughing. :sadam:

I do not know ANYTHING about chokes vs. slugs etc. But I asked him for a barrel that would fire slugs for use in Deer and Turkey season. He said it would.

So here I am wondering what model I got! Nothing was discussed... barrel length, threads, sights, etc. Only the slug capabilities.

Is there a really common budget set-up or something? Maybe I got a hold of the common consumer model? Wutcha think?

I would go and see if you can cancel that order....

The common models are listed here... http://www.saiga-12.com/ (in the middle of the page)

The prices that are listed there are about 3 months old... I have heard that CDNN now sells S-12 for the same money as S-.410 which is $154.95 :eek:

Call CDNN and ask them...

CDNN Investments, Inc. - 1-800-588-9500 :smoke:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

PS. It is always better to have a threaded bbl vs. non-threaded - it is just they are a little more money... :angel: