Long awaited! Pics of my conversion.

Nice wood...you do all that work yourself...

Nah, I'm wood inept. Part I got on here, the other from a friend.

I mean the conversion including the gas tube install and such...

LoL, Ah ok.

Well then, yep! I did it all myself. A dremel and a power drill were used. :lolol:

LoL, Ah ok.

Well then, yep! I did it all myself. A dremel and a power drill were used. :lolol:

How rough was replacing the gas tube?...where did you get it from?...also did you use a bolt on lower handguard retainer?

• Like 1

LoL, Ah ok.

How rough was replacing the gas tube?...where did you get it from?...also did you use a bolt on lower handguard retainer?

The tube, a bulgy, fit right in place, and I used CSS's bolt on handguard retainer. However, there was a little contact on the front of the tube on the hg retainer, but a little dremel work too care of that. The wood took putting on some gloves and twisting like hell to get it on. I got the tube used on the forum here. I'm using a aresnal 2stage trigger I got on the forum too. I reused the spring in the disconnect and used e-clips to hold in the axis pins. :)

Damn good job! Wood looks fantastic. Think about replacing the pistol grip with a wood one. Just a thought. Outstanding! BTW...love the mag as well.

Or maybe one of the Polish marble grips. The textured look goes really well with wood furniture.

I thought about going with wood, but now I'll have to check the polish marbled out. You haven't steered me wrong yet Jim! :D

I thought about going with wood, but now I'll have to check the polish marbled out. You haven't steered me wrong yet Jim! :D

Here's an example of one I found searching on Google. They range in their shades from very light orange to very dark brown. I had three of them until a few weeks ago. (I ended up going with polymer for my rifle). There is a guy on theakforum.net who sells them.

akpartsandhotwhls002-1.jpg

• Like 1

That is a nice looking rifle, I am a big fan of wood furniture. I have wood on my 7.62 I went with poly on my 5.45 for a change and It's not bad either but that looks awesome with the mag. It does look like a BakeLite.

• Like 1