Anyone who is not a NRA member should definitely join so your voice is represented. Also if we all threw in a few bucks maybe we could start an organization to amplify our collective voices. Just a thought. At the very least we need to encourage everyone to write and call their representatives and let them know how you feel about this possible encroachment on our Constitutional rights. :nonono:

Fuck the NRA, there are better organizations out there to spend your money with.

• Like 3
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

+1 Stansplace... The NRA is a bullshit front, they are full of "compromise". I wouldn't give them a used tampon if it would further their "cause".

I personally can't say "FUCK the NRA" enough! I really love it at fun shows when the NRA volunteers try to get me to sign up, let's just say it's not pretty.

• Like 3

+1 Stansplace... The NRA is a bullshit front, they are full of "compromise". I wouldn't give them a used tampon if it would further their "cause".

I personally can't say "FUCK the NRA" enough! I really love it at fun shows when the NRA volunteers try to get me to sign up, let's just say it's not pretty.

Gross............. Girls can't talk about used tampons on a gun forum, that's just icky. While I appreciate your sentiment on the NRA, fuck 'em would have sufficed.naaaa.gif

Providing the BATFE with a sample on the other hand would have been hilarious.

• Like 2

Take this FWIW but someone from a forum I post on saw a small booth at SHOT where a guy had a Saiga 12 that was set up like an AR15. When he asked the rep about it he said they were approved for importation a few days ago.

I haven't seen a pic and haven't heard from anyone else yet regarding seeing the booth. Most people here on the east coast are just getting back from SHOT and haven't given their full reports or read most forums yet.

Has anyone else heard about this or did anyone here see this booth at SHOT?

Gross............. Girls can't talk about used tampons on a gun forum, that's just icky. While I appreciate your sentiment on the NRA, fuck 'em would have sufficed.naaaa.gif

Providing the BATFE with a sample on the other hand would have been hilarious.

Sorry, just wanted to be crystal clear. I wanted to convey my love for the NRA. Nevermind... I just "discovered" Fight Club, and KT has a whole thread on this topic!

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1

Take this FWIW but someone from a forum I post on saw a small booth at SHOT where a guy had a Saiga 12 that was set up like an AR15. When he asked the rep about it he said they were approved for importation a few days ago.

I haven't seen a pic and haven't heard from anyone else yet regarding seeing the booth. Most people here on the east coast are just getting back from SHOT and haven't given their full reports or read most forums yet.

Has anyone else heard about this or did anyone here see this booth at SHOT?

What does "set up like an AR15" mean? Do you have a link to that post?

Ok you are right the NRA dosen't do anything for gun owners, you are right. :lolol: Why dont you name one of these great organizations that lobbies harder for gun rights. Or at least give me a reason why I should say Fuck you to a group like that. Please enlighten me why we would be better off without them.

Let's not get into the whole NRA thing AGAIN. The NRA is a huge organization and it serves a huge number of people. Some want their hunting rights/lands protected. Some want their right to have whatever gun they choose. They can't be all things to all people and so they focus on the meaty part of the curve. Nothing precludes you from joining other organizations that focus exclusively on the rights most important to you. But the NRA is the 800 pound gorilla and has the most clout of all of the firearms organizations. Considering the huge diversity of the membership I think they do a fine job. Of course I don't agree with every stance they take but I've never been a member of any organization that did.

• Like 2

Ok you are right the NRA dosen't do anything for gun owners, you are right. :lolol: Why dont you name one of these great organizations that lobbies harder for gun rights. Or at least give me a reason why I should say Fuck you to a group like that. Please enlighten me why we would be better off without them.

Don't read me the wrong way... I'm for the cause, just not the way the NRA chooses to go about it. There are other organizations that spend their time and money a LOT more judiciously..

The Second Amendment Foundation, for one: www.saf.org . They are an organization that spends their donations on actual litigation, as opposed to hiring actors do make TV ads. Here is a list of recent ACTION they have taken at the National/State level:

http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=legalaction

What has the NRA done lately? Aside from opposing some of the above referenced legal actions, that is...

Here's another: http://gunowners.org/ Gun owners of America.

The NRA is all talk and flash, not a heck of a lot of action, and what action they do take are superficial or compromise. Heck, IIRC, they were FOR the Brady bill? That alone should tell you something.

That, and the constant solicitation for more money.

I service what I sell- FUCK the NRA!

Edited by bohound
  • Like 2

I support anyone who is looking out for us. Those organizations sound great. The NRA makes huge campaign contributions for candidates who support the 2nd amendment. The anti-gun politicians definitely say Fuck the NRA, and give you a collective +1.

I support anyone who is looking out for us.

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this:

http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/

Or perhaps like this:

http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-angeles/aclu-pro-gun-lawsuit-nra-anti-gun-bill

Maybe THIS is your definition of "looking out for us"?:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3247

Here is a more recent few examples of how the NRA continues to "look out for us":

Endorsement of the original NICS Act. (The Brady Bill) – Arm in Arm with Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Ted Kennedy, and Sarah Brady… WTF?

It is long past time for lawyers and others to speak about the true meaning of the amendment. In an interview with Charlayne Hunter-Gault on The MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour on December 16, 1991, former United States Chief Justice Warren Burger stated that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." [105] He continued, "they (the NRA) have mislead the American people." [106] The gun control debate is difficult enough without entering false issues into it. [107]: Battle Over the Brady Bill

The Brady Registration Scheme

Colorado Conservative Project: NRA Sells Out Again

Endorsement of the NICS Improvement Act of 2007.

Here is a statement from the Gun Owners of America:

“When the NRA and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) agree, that tells you it’s something worth doing,” Schumer said. — The Associated Press, September 26, 2007

The quote above explains the problem we are facing. Both sides of the gun control debate — with the exception of Gun Owners of America and many pro-gun groups at the state level — are supporting the Veterans Disarmament Act (HR 2640).

NRA sells out on gun rights - Orange Punch - OCRegister.com

Failure to support the 10th Amendment Initiative, AKA: Firearms Freedom Act(s).

September 2009 American Hunter NRA Official Journal of the National Rifle Association: Special Report By Chris W. Cox NRA-ILA Executive Director p17-18. “Firearms Freedom Act” One issue that’s received a lot of publicity is the “Firearms Freedom Act” – state legislation that tries to exempt firearms, ammunition and accessories from federal regulation, as long as the gun or other item is made in a single state, for use only in that state. This legislation was enacted this year in Montana and Tennessee, and proposed elsewhere. The idea behind the legislation is to challenge federal gun laws in court. While reducing federal controls worthy goal, this kind of litigation faces major obstacles – mainly because the Supreme Court has given Congress a very long leash when it comes to activities that could affect interstate commerce. (For example just four years ago, the Supreme Court held that the federal government could still enforce federal drug laws against Californians who grow their own marijuana for medical use.) Because of these issues the NRA will continue to focus on the other kinds of pro-gun legislation described in these pages. An even more important point is that no one should try to take advantage of the Montana or Tennessee “Firearms Freedom Acts” without consulting a competent attorney and being prepared to pay large legal fees. Anyone makes firearms commercially, without complying with federal law, is likely to be prosecuted. “Firearm Freedom Act” supporters have never planned to test these laws in criminal cases, and no one who puts himself in that situation should expect support from the NRA.

This is simply spineless, I have discussed the FFA at length with the individual in Montana whom wrote it and they DO plan to test it in federal court ASAP. While I adamantly disagree with the way the Montana & Tennessee Firearms Freedom Acts are written; because they themselves compromise that the NFA, GCA, FOPA, NICS and other federal infringements still apply; and that as written it could simply be trading Federal Firearm Infringement for State Firearm Infringement; it’s a significant step in the right direction; towards the abolishment of infringement pre-existing, fundamental, unalienable rights, re-affirmed by the Constitution and the Second Amendment…

For those that do not know the history of the NRA’s Second Amendment compromises; this is the Benedict Arnold approach; when it looked like he was going to end up on the losing side; instead of digging in and saying hell-no, like we did at Lexington & Concord and elsewhere; Benedict Arnold played both sides of the fence until he could no longer and was ultimately chased out of the country with his tail between his legs.

You see, the NRA is not about preserving OUR rights, they are about preserving the NRA.

Like our bloated and corrupt federal government is long overdue for a "reset", I think the NRA has trodden down the same path.

Edited by bohound
  • Like 6

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defense. There is obviously a lot that I don't know about them, I will do more research before I blindly support a group. That is why I love this forum, because of all the info here. I absolutely learn something new every time I log on. I know that we are all on the same team. God bless.

• Like 3

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defense. There is obviously a lot that I don't know about them, I will do more research before I blindly support a group. That is why I love this forum, because of all the info here. I absolutely learn something new every time I log on. I know that we are all on the same team. God bless.

Not a problem... Most people that support the NRA have no idea what legislation they're involved in, or the candidates they endorse. Then again, most people in America don't look into much, as long as the grocery store is open, the gas pumps are running, and Dancing with the Stars is on the tube.

Next time we're on our land outside of Beckley maybe we'll look ya up!

Consider yourself enlightened.

027.gif

Why do people post a " I heard on a another fourm" type comments and not provide the link to where they allegedly read it

Because there was nothing further to tell.

I do have a link to the shotgun the person was refering to though: http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html

Theres probably info out there of this company at SHOT this past week.

I do have a link to the shotgun the person was refering to though: http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html

Thanks, I'd love to see the bolt used in that thing.

Same here. I imagine the gun itself being significantly more expensive than a Saiga though. Yet another reason why I wish I'd have gone to SHOT this year.

My best friend works at Advanced Armament Corp. and was at SHOT all week.He said that this rumor was definitely circulating around out there and that all of the talk was about the Feds going after the importation of a shotgun.He said that only people who were speculating were talking about the Saiga specifically and that no one had heard the ATF specifically name the Saiga.With that said,he just bought a Saiga because all of this.

My best friend works at Advanced Armament Corp. and was at SHOT all week.He said that this rumor was definitely circulating around out there and that all of the talk was about the Feds going after the importation of a shotgun.He said that only people who were speculating were talking about the Saiga specifically and that no one had heard the ATF specifically name the Saiga.With that said,he just bought a Saiga because all of this.

Off topic:

Tell your buddy I want an autographed poster of Rachel from AAC!!!! (I heard she left AAC, I'm not sure. But hot daaaayum she's smoking hot with all those tats!)

Off topic:

Tell your buddy I want an autographed poster of Rachel from AAC!!!! (I heard she left AAC, I'm not sure. But hot daaaayum she's smoking hot with all those tats!)

Hahaha...yeah,he had to film all those videos with her.Apparently she is a pretty cool chick.