• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

If this pans out to be about Saigas, I'll be snagging another S12 that I know of in an out-of-the-way gunstore

on monday. It's a 22 inch barrel, but it'll work.

AKATTACK

If this pans out that way, you'll be too late, an "out-of-the-way" gunstore that I frequent usually has at least five in stock. Today he was sold out, and says that two of the next five he's got coming in are spoken for...

...So I visited another "out-of-the-way" gunstore and bought their last S-12, an '08 with a 19" barrel. :super::haha:

It wont matter if its a destructive device like the USAS, street sweeper, & striker 12.

It'll be a DD even if its made here because its not exempt (larger than .50 dia barrel) for sporting purposes like other shotguns.

You can run out an buy more if you want but you may end up paying $200ea for the tax stamps to keep them. Keep in mind if you sell out of state later its a $400 two tax stamp transfer.

Edited by mike123456

It wont matter if its a destructive device like the USAS, street sweeper, & striker 12.

It'll be a DD even if its made here because its not exempt (larger than .50 dia barrel) for sporting purposes like other shotguns.

You can run out an buy more if you want but you may end up paying $200ea for the tax stamps to keep them. Keep in mind if you sell out of state later its a $400 two tax stamp transfer.

True, but at initial buying price of $550 with tax, conversion at $200, and tax stamp at $200 you're looking at $950.

There will be people paying way more than that just to get one so I figure you'd get your money back and then some even if you sold it out of state...

True, but at initial buying price of $550 with tax, conversion at $200, and tax stamp at $200 you're looking at $950.

There will be people paying way more than that just to get one so I figure you'd get your money back and then some even if you sold it out of state...

maybe, maybe not. If they aminsty register most existing saigas, there will be a lot for sale and not so meny NFA weapon buyers. Who have to pay $2-400 tax and wait 4 months for a saiga to transter as a DD through a C3/DD dealer.

You may make money on it later but only if they cant import them anymore. A DD importer can probably still import new saigas and you can buy new ones on form3 from C3/DD dealers.

Not all states allow DD either, check your state. Most C3 dealers wont do DD transfers because they are only allowed like 2 per year, you'll need a DD dealer to do the transfer.

Edited by mike123456

Not all states allow DD either, check your state. Most C3 dealers wont do DD transfers because they are only allowed like 2 per year, you'll need a DD dealer to do the transfer.

This is my scenario. If they DD mine I'll be chopping some recievers...

well, at least i'll know where to get spair parts :devil:

the hell... I'll try milling and machining every oz i can off in the hopes of eventualy making AOWs out of them.

NY allows smooth bore AOW pistols...

It came from the factory with a stock so it cant be an AOW.

well, at least i'll know where to get spair parts :devil:

the hell... I'll try milling and machining every oz i can off in the hopes of eventualy making AOWs out of them.

NY allows smooth bore AOW pistols...

Yes, but if he milled a new receiver, then the receiver he milled would have never had a stock on it.

No that reciever I chopped up will be what came from the factory with a stock on it...

the one I personaly build will never have had a provision for one. Tom Cole(of CGW fame) Already offers S-12 based AOWs, and has already stated he can get them under the weight limit NY has.

I bought a Saiga 12 from Arms of America this morning. Later this afternoon they were no longer listed on the site, so I'm hoping they didn't run out until after I placed my order, as they did charge my credit card already.

When the USAS-12 and Street Sweeper were DD'd there was an amnesty period and FREE registration. At least this is what I remember. In my opinion they are only going to ban import, but if they do DD them and registration is free than every Saiga 12 gets a free SBS essentially.

The fact that ATI announced they will be importing a magazine fed 12 gauge shotgun makes me think this isn't about sporter saiga imports. Guns that have been converted and are 922r compliant aren't import guns when full of US parts.

My bet is on the Norc trench guns which still bugs me. Only $370 to snatch one of those up though. I'm not sure what a 17" enfield bayonet runs.

Well it looks like we need to make a sport only for hi-cap shotguns. Then clearly it would be for sporting purposes.

Also seems like this might just be aimed at the Taurus on the 28-gauge Raging Judge revolver...

Edited by Joeddox

Hey guys been a while,

Ive been folowing this here and on calguns. If the s12 gets wrapped up in this what do you guys think will happen to the aftermarket? Theres been a of new stuff coming out (lrbho, steel mags, auto plugs) Id hate to see all that dry up.

in my opinion it doesn't do any good to speculate its the same as conspiracy theories they are going to do what they are going to do and we are going to do what we need to keep them or give them up what i mean is your going to give in and let them have them or your going to bury them or get the proper paperwork submitted and you know yourselves what catagory you are no matter what u say on here and telling everybody what your doing on a public forum isn't going to help you when and if they did come knocking

here is some more speculation for you though purely entertainment n my opinion though maybe Izhmash knew about this and that is why they were talking about going out of business and selling manufacturing off because they knew importation was getting stopped

or maybe Izhmash have set this whole thing up so everybody would have the yearly saiga scare and run out and buy every one the can find and drive cost up for the next 3 months while suppliers order as many as they can afford then try to make hundreds of dollars off of peoples fear

all im saying is have you noticed the bulk of this stir is on forums from everyday people who dont really know whats going on behind the scenes and it appears to me that people in the industry dont seemed to be concerned I mean i hope im not wrong but we always find a way around it