I bet they would love trying to handle registering them as DDs. Give us maybe sixty days to register, one of their ass fucks working the registrations. Maybe 5% of the paperwork would get through. The rest of us will get stuck with illegal DDs on our hands.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

The ATF knows the game, If they dont reclassify them as DD then people will just buy US made recievers and import parts kits.

If there is a ruling about saigas it'll have to be that Saigas are not suitable for sporting purposes to stop import and that will reclass them as DD.

The only question is what shotguns are they going after?

The shop i bought mine from two weeks ago (New Frontier Armory in Las Vegas) just upped the price on theirs. I was in there the other day and the store manager told me they stopped importing them and prices are going to start going way up on whats left in stock.

found this online:

there is a very simple fix to this whole problem which im surprised gun rights groups havent gone after- the sporting clause. Its a low hanging fruit that is practically on the ground in constitutional law terms. Here is the entire arguement "since the second amendment as held in heller and in mcdonald is understood to protect firearms that are appropriate for self defense there for its unconstitutional to determine the legality of a firearm soley based on its suitability for sporting". Boom- there it is- there is no way that the defense could make a credible arguement against this.

http://www.snowflake...s-in-the-works/

The BEST self defense weapon I have personally seen in use is a Honeywell Mk 19 40MM. That will stop a cracked up drunk 400lb bigfoot with 1 shot 100% of the time! We give 18 year old soldiers these for self defense but I can't have one!!

i dont think "internet speculation" or "conspiracy theorys/theorists" has anything to do with what the atf decides to attack next.

Agreed. Just like how someone said Red Jacket's new show could bring unwanted attention to the platform and make the ATF think they're "evil" and just ban them. The ATF is well aware of S12's and what they are. Not some TV show, nor anonymous posts on the internet is going to make a government agency suddenly think "Holy fuck! We allow these things on the street?? We must ban them now!".

No doubt that internet media is eyeballed by certain government agencies for other reasons, but I don't see how anything like these threads on a gun forum are going to effect what they do, or don't, ban or prohibit.

• Like 2

i dont think "internet speculation" or "conspiracy theorys/theorists" has anything to do with what the atf decides to attack next.

Agreed. Just like how someone said Red Jacket's new show could bring unwanted attention to the platform and make the ATF think they're "evil" and just ban them. The ATF is well aware of S12's and what they are. Not some TV show, nor anonymous posts on the internet is going to make a government agency suddenly think "Holy fuck! We allow these things on the street?? We must ban them now!".

No doubt that internet media is eyeballed by certain government agencies for other reasons, but I don't see how anything like these threads on a gun forum are going to effect what they do, or don't, ban or prohibit.

Ok, this kind of level-headed thinking using logic and reasoning has got to stop! This is a conspiracy thread! We don't need your truth here! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

• Like 1

Ok, this kind of level-headed thinking using logic and reasoning has got to stop! This is a conspiracy thread! We don't need your truth here! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

But I forgot my tinfoil! :lolol:

I agree.The part that sucks is,by their own rules,these gun are imported the way THEY wanted them imported("sporterized")Then,under their rules,we configure them the way we want as long as it is 922R compliant and all is well.In order for the feds to do anything about this they will have to change their rules because as of right now everything that is being done to these guns is within the law.One could argue that the guns would be even more "evil" if it wasn't for these crap laws they already have in place and we would be importing guns stright from Russia with side folders,magwells and all sorts of other "evil" parts.

• Like 1

I agree.The part that sucks is,by their own rules,these gun are imported the way THEY wanted them imported("sporterized")Then,under their rules,we configure them the way we want as long as it is 922R compliant and all is well.In order for the feds to do anything about this they will have to change their rules because as of right now everything that is being done to these guns is within the law.One could argue that the guns would be even more "evil" if it wasn't for these crap laws they already have in place and we would be importing guns stright from Russia with side folders,magwells and all sorts of other "evil" parts.

Yeah, seriously. After lots of lurking on the subject, I feel like this has got to be about these http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html or some other shit, and not the Saiga-12. I mean, honestly though, I don't know. I just hope.

We'll just have to wait out the night. Tomorrow will either be an enormous sigh of relief, or a really frustrating shitstorm.

Yeah, seriously. After lots of lurking on the subject, I feel like this has got to be about these http://www.akdalarms.com/mka.html or some other shit, and not the Saiga-12. I mean, honestly though, I don't know. I just hope.

We'll just have to wait out the night. Tomorrow will either be an enormous sigh of relief, or a really frustrating shitstorm.

I have heard from a reliable source that the MKA 1919 was approved for import just last week. Be kind of stupid if they said yes one week and no the next.

Doug

I have heard from a reliable source that the MKA 1919 was approved for import just last week. Be kind of stupid if they said yes one week and no the next.

Doug

It's a pretty tight timetable, OTOH, they've reversed themselves before, just ask Mr. Akins about his Accelerator Stock. He had tech branch letters that said "not a machine gun" and then they later changed their minds.

Although, they may be leaving the Saiga alone. Word is that at SHOT, Taurus/Rossi got their new 28ga Judge revolver confiscated, and the Rossi .410 Mare's leg, or they pulled them from display "voluntarily" after a trademark ATF "uncomfortable conversation". The .28ga, if someone ever made slugs or a metal cased bullet/cartridge for it would have been .55cal and a possible DD.

Or of course, it's possible they're coming down on all sorts of stuff at once.

More tinfoil... if the Taurus .410 Judge is caught up in this new import ban, S&W may have introduced their .410 revolver because they knew it was coming, and were tipped off by someone.

Edited by AJ Dual

wouldent it be a kick in the pants if the guns were still legal in sporter factory config. but a DD and not for sporting purposes with a pistol grip mod?

I'll pay for a tax stamp for a 28ga judge... they better still make those.

Edited by mike123456

More tinfoil... if the Taurus .410 Judge is caught up in this new import ban, S&W may have introduced their .410 revolver because they knew it was coming, and were tipped off by someone.

The "Governor?" They're going to name it that?

Is there a "groan" and/or "barf" emoticon?

Good tinfoil though. I think S+W wants a piece of that market that Taurus found! The name alone makes that obvious.

does anyone know what time the information will be released and where to look for it when it is released. im watching the atfs website, but theres not anything there yet.

Gotta wait 'til they've had their Lattes and lunch breaks, then they'll probably discuss it. :lol:

If this doesnt end up affecting the S12, and hopefully it doesnt,.......dont forget any of the vendors that jacked up the price of the S12 on ya......

Its one thing to increase the price because there is a supply and demand fluctuation, but to jack the price just on speculation should be remembered.......

I'm sure not all vendors did this:)

• Like 1

If this doesnt end up affecting the S12, and hopefully it doesnt,.......dont forget any of the vendors that jacked up the price of the S12 on ya......

Its one thing to increase the price because there is a supply and demand fluctuation, but to jack the price just on speculation should be remembered.......

I haven't seen any jacked up prices. I bought mine Saturday for $489. I haven't seen any less then $499 for a long time and was surprised I found it $10 cheaper.

Here is a copy and paste comment from the enos boards

UPDATE

I just had a nice long phone conversation with one of the head honchos over at ATF. There IS an announcement supposed to be posted today, but it's a STUDY. It's similar to one released 20 years ago, and clarifies the non importable features. As far as the Saiga 12, it should be safe, as the study identifies shotguns with detachable magazines with a capacity over 5 rounds, or drums. Since the Saiga is imported with 5 round mags, it does NOT fall into this category. #2 on the list was a bayonet lug. Know what has those? 1897 trench gun copies...and even though they're a replica of a historic shotgun, it's still affected, and likely will no longer be imported. The study itself will be posted soon, probably today, though it was actually supposed to be posted on Friday.

This was also posted in the other big panic thread over in GD.

There is a supply problem when there is panic buying, nothing is known yet but people are buying out every gun they can find.