maybe there's something to this after all. this was just posted not 30 minutes ago by new frontier armory on calguns.

When I caught up with some friends late Thursday night that work for Legion Ltd / Izhmash after their meeting. Heard it from them before any bloggers were after it and figured the factory in Russia was a pretty good source. Also heard from the VP of RAA (one of the 3 importers of Saiga 12's) that they wouldn't be getting any more of them and they didn't know why. ALSO spoke with Wolf Arms, who will be importing / selling the Saiga rifles and Shotguns and they have a container just a few weeks out with everything on it EXCEPT Saiga 12's. All matched up for me. If nothing else, I don't think there is a whole lot of NIB Saiga 12's floating around the country right now, so I doubt the price will get back down in the $400's anytime soon until someone starts bringing more in.
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

this guy sounds like he was there.

No he doesn't. He specifically says, "I got an email from a work associate who attended the meeting."

ah ya good point. i finally r e a d that part. this is really blowing my mind.

i went and applied for a loan today to buy another 4 of these.... they got me coming and giong!

Another 4 to convert! Some parts dealers will be happy with you! I want a family photo when they are all complete :super:

ha ha yup. thats not counting the 3 from 2 weeks ago when there wasnt a scare!

this guy sounds like he was there.

No he doesn't. He specifically says, "I got an email from a work associate who attended the meeting."

ah ya good point. i finally r e a d that part. this is really blowing my mind.

i went and applied for a loan today to buy another 4 of these.... they got me coming and giong!

Another 4 to convert! Some parts dealers will be happy with you! I want a family photo when they are all complete :super:

ha ha yup. thats not counting the 3 from 2 weeks ago when there wasnt a scare!

My new estimated value of my S12 Tromix masterpiece

Any takers? :lolol: Its got a Evil Guarantee....

post-22193-0-87559800-1295922081_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga Power
  • Like 1

^^^^^ lol

well maybe this was just a plan to cause the "crappy" izmash guns to get bought up before the other manuf (tula/molot?) ramp up production and bring a more reliable product to the country...

throw that whore on gunbroker.... the speulators are out in force. nothing really below 500

Edited by saltydecimator

Wow this friend of a friend stuff has got to stop...:lolol: I mean there are these poor guy's taking out loans :cryss: just sit back be cool :smoke: and when its all said and done and all of you that bout all the Saiga 12's up, PM me when the smoke clears and you need to sell them to pay back the loan :zorro: lmao

Yeah well, my friend's wife's mother's uncle's cousin works with a guy whose nephew is a "higher up" in the NRA and HE says that his god-son is married to the sister of an ATF agent, and he says that he's personally on a quest to rid the world of all S-12's one house at a time....

Better be careful, my cousin's uncle's nephew's aunt's nephew just got his taken away...

(Yes, that last sentence basically says my cousin multiple times)

• Like 1

Yeah well, my friend's wife's mother's uncle's cousin works with a guy whose nephew is a "higher up" in the NRA and HE says that his god-son is married to the sister of an ATF agent, and he says that he's personally on a quest to rid the world of all S-12's one house at a time....

Better be careful, my cousin's uncle's nephew's aunt's nephew just got his taken away...

:haha:

Alright; I'm new here but in the way of introductions, I'm an FFL with a small shop in Waverly, TN called Attic Arms. I mention this because while I was on the phone this afternoon with my ATF rep, I asked her about this and she told me that she hadn't heard anything about it at the office. So for whatever that's worth, at least nothing seems to be filtering down to the field offices within ATF yet. So while that doesn't mean there may or may not be something going on up the ladder there, that's what I am going by for now unless (until?) the agency makes a formal announcement otherwise.

That said, I did order one Saiga-12 at the end of last week. But in all honesty, I will likely just transfer it to my own collection and mod it as a keeper. A friend of mine has had one for about a year and I always thought it was a pretty cool idea- an AK 12 gauge shotgun- so when all this hit, I figured I might want to get one while they were still out there. Even IF the "import-ban/DD-declaration/sky-is-falling" doesn't occur, it IS likely that once they run out at the various distributors, they will not be available for a while so regardless, the price most likely will stay up on these for some time. That's not just the "evil dealers", folks- that's basic supply-and-demand market economics. Besides, try to look on the bright side of all this.

Even IF the ban rumors turn out to be false, at least there are now a LOT more Saiga-12 shotgun owners and new collectors in the fold, right? So that will also drive up demand for aftermarket parts, which will give those guys reason to want to bring even more neat new stuff to market. So in the long run, it perhaps winds up better for all involved, one way or the other? Plus, the more people that buy them, the less "fringe" they become and the harder it gets to classify them as "evil" when they become more and more commonly seen at shows, ranges, etc. Just something else to ponder.

Anyway, looking forward to the new one arriving soon, and to wading my way through the archives here to get up to speed on them.

• Like 1

Alright; I'm new here but in the way of introductions, I'm an FFL with a small shop in Waverly, TN called Attic Arms. I mention this because while I was on the phone this afternoon with my ATF rep, I asked her about this and she told me that she hadn't heard anything about it at the office. So for whatever that's worth, at least nothing seems to be filtering down to the field offices within ATF yet. So while that doesn't mean there may or may not be something going on up the ladder there, that's what I am going by for now unless (until?) the agency makes a formal announcement otherwise.

That said, I did order one Saiga-12 at the end of last week. But in all honesty, I will likely just transfer it to my own collection and mod it as a keeper. A friend of mine has had one for about a year and I always thought it was a pretty cool idea- an AK 12 gauge shotgun- so when all this hit, I figured I might want to get one while they were still out there. Even IF the "import-ban/DD-declaration/sky-is-falling" doesn't occur, it IS likely that once they run out at the various distributors, they will not be available for a while so regardless, the price most likely will stay up on these for some time. That's not just the "evil dealers", folks- that's basic supply-and-demand market economics. Besides, try to look on the bright side of all this.

Even IF the ban rumors turn out to be false, at least there are now a LOT more Saiga-12 shotgun owners and new collectors in the fold, right? So that will also drive up demand for aftermarket parts, which will give those guys reason to want to bring even more neat new stuff to market. So in the long run, it perhaps winds up better for all involved, one way or the other? Plus, the more people that buy them, the less "fringe" they become and the harder it gets to classify them as "evil" when they become more and more commonly seen at shows, ranges, etc. Just something else to ponder.

Anyway, looking forward to the new one arriving soon, and to wading my way through the archives here to get up to speed on them.

Welcome! Post all evil pics when completed :killer:

yes, i read the entire foum link and the pistol grips and shotguns portion of the atf newsletter. why?

Because the link that you posted was of a guy who got set straight on the second post of his thread...

yeah i saw that but i interpreted it to mean that it meant this had to do with pistol grip only shotguns, even if the first person was wrong. they both talked about pistol grip only shotguns. sorry if this doesnt make sense, im tired.

Edited by yooper14

LMAO!!!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

This conversation is so entertaining, I can clearly see all the forces that move the market fear and greed :cryss: , I do trade as a side business and never believed I will see a wall-street stile speculation on the saiga 12 market :lolol: , I wont be surprise If I see tomorrow Saiga 12 ticker next to the corn, soy and pork bellies on the exchange :haha: . Probably some one is already buying Saiga's in the futures Market. Just a lesson on history check the the Tulip mania of the 1600 or if you do not want to go that far in time just check the house market :smoke: . Speculation take us to good places :devil: .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Thanks for the welcomes. And i will post some pictures once I get it and decide which way I want to mod it as. Right now, I'm leaning towards a wooden-stocked AK look-a-like build, but then again I have a little while to think it over once I get it in.

Thats how I wanted mine.....but I was already too far into my build.....

Check with Paulyski on his process for some sweet dark russian red......

I already have an S12 and wanted a MD 20round drum for it and figured that I might go ahead and order one today.

I was kinda watching their website, mainly the 20round drum with the clear back, this morning and saw that there

was 100 instock. I kept refreshing the page every now and then and was watching the number and every now and then,

it would drop by one or two. It was down to 95 when I went to eat lunch with my wife. When I got back, I refreshed

the page and "wow", they were sold out! I get the feeling that someone bought a large number (or all) of them. The

black back and smoke back drums didn't seem to drop in number much.

AKATTACK

Editted to add: Welcome to the site Pvt. Joker!

Edited by AKATTACK

I already have an S12 and wanted a MD 20round drum for it and figured that I might go ahead and order one today.

I was kinda watching their website, mainly the 20round drum with the clear back, this morning and saw that there

was 100 instock. I kept refreshing the page every now and then and was watching the number and every now and then,

it would drop by one or two. It was down to 95 when I went to eat lunch with my wife. When I got back, I refreshed

the page and "wow", they were sold out! I get the feeling that someone bought a large number (or all) of them. The

black back and smoke back drums didn't seem to drop in number much.

AKATTACK

Editted to add: Welcome to the site Pvt. Joker!

The quantity on MD site has never worked....unless that was corrected when they switched over to a new web format recently

When I bought mine last year, they told me that number was never correct.....best to call them

So whats the news on the possible ban? Anything new? I keep reading both sides of the story. I read it was a scam and then I read its just a matter of time..

Someone with a boatload of overstock put out a rumor about a possible ATF ruling and made a trunkload of money.

Is one coming? Is it a matter of time? Is 2012 TEOTWAWKI? Nobody knows. If it's an ATF ruling, it's possible. If it's an act of congress, I doubt it.

Obama loses in 2012 if he signs a AWB, 100%. He still stands a chance at winning in 2012 since republicans are starting to line up the usual neocons.

Gun control is still a toxic issue... right now anyway.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/25/big-gun-short-lived-taurus-28-gauge-revolver/

Quoted from thefirearmblog.com

Big gun, Short lived. Taurus 28 Gauge Revolver.

On Friday night Michael Bane told me that BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun.

Guns America removed a blog post about the pistol (H/T: TruthAboutGuns) and replaced it with the following text...

Editor Note: Taurus has removed this firearm from their booth and has elected to not make it at this time. The rifle version will be available through Rossi at some point.

Taurus USA imports their pistols from the Taurus factory in Brazil. If they were imported the sample 28 gauge SBS and specified in the US Customs / BATFE paperwork that is was a pistol, they could be in trouble.

I contacted the Taurus PR but I have not yet received a reply.

Looks like that was it.

post-20983-0-10522900-1295943214_thumb.jpg

That's exactly what I thought. But I thought it was called the Taurus raging bull. The "handgun" is so large that I'm sure the BATFE declared it a SBS since if they didn't want more companies jumping in that could make similar "handguns". And to scare the BATFE more someone would move it up to 12 gauge. I bet they are going to make a maxium size for handguns containing shotgun shells so that a 12 gauge handgun won't ever be possible.

Oddly though I bet the firearms lawyers at Taurus said it complied with the law. I wonder if they even asked the BATFE before production and they gave them the go ahead then later reversed saying SBS.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/25/big-gun-short-lived-taurus-28-gauge-revolver/

Quoted from thefirearmblog.com

Big gun, Short lived. Taurus 28 Gauge Revolver.

On Friday night Michael Bane told me that BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun.

Guns America removed a blog post about the pistol (H/T: TruthAboutGuns) and replaced it with the following text...

Editor Note: Taurus has removed this firearm from their booth and has elected to not make it at this time. The rifle version will be available through Rossi at some point.

Taurus USA imports their pistols from the Taurus factory in Brazil. If they were imported the sample 28 gauge SBS and specified in the US Customs / BATFE paperwork that is was a pistol, they could be in trouble.

I contacted the Taurus PR but I have not yet received a reply.

Looks like that was it.

Edited by Joeddox

I think its called "Raging Judge Magnum" or whatever their revolver was that shot 28 gauge shells not the .410 shotshell. BATFE changes their mind all the time... I would agree it's more of a AOW, but maybe SBS are more regulated so they want it under that?

Here is another post. http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/the-taurus-raging-judge-28-gauge-revolver/

Also I think part of the problem is that 28 gauge shotshell doesn't have any counter part handgun round. For example the .410 shotshell is similar to the .45 long colt so much so that most guns that camber both... If that makes sense.

Now if I can just make a .550 (28 guage) caliber handgun round that catches on... Not sure why Taurus doesn't make one since most major firearms companies have their own round.

Why would the "raging bull" be a SBS? It has no buttstock. It looks like it would fit under the AOW like a Serbu Shotty

Edited by Joeddox