• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

Guess I waited too long, the MD mags are back up to $120 this morning. I'll wait until they are on sale

again, I thought this sale went until the end of January. I'm gonna order a ProMag 12 rounder or two in

the mean time.

AKATTACK

That pisses me off. All that trouble to get a Saiga this week and the drums go up in price. Looks like I won't be ordering one.

That pisses me off. All that trouble to get a Saiga this week and the drums go up in price. Looks like I won't be ordering one.

The Promags won't go up in price, and they have gotten good reviews. That means one of two things:

1. Buy a Promag and be happy like a lot of Promag drum customers.

2. Wait a few weeks, and the MD20 price will come down once people stop buying them at that 50% premium.

Guess I waited too long, the MD mags are back up to $120 this morning. I'll wait until they are on sale

again, I thought this sale went until the end of January. I'm gonna order a ProMag 12 rounder or two in

the mean time.

AKATTACK

Bad timing on a price increase. There's a lot of talk about vendors gouging right now so everyone is on high alert for examples of it.

the mean time.

AKATTACK

Did you call them? Might give it to ya for $80

Did anyone see the update on the Princeton blog?

"Well, as many have already stated, Monday has come and gone with no new ruling/study being posted. Another individual on AR15.com states that he was informed that it would be a “study” instead of a ruling; however, nothing was published today. I can’t speak for ATF. As I originally posted, ATF announced that it would be published on Monday and the NFATCA was already aware of it and working on it. Also as I stated, when I specifically inquired whether this ruling would involve any DD determinations, the response was “No.”

I merely reported exactly what was stated during the Town Hall. I have no dogs in the fight and don’t own any Saigas. Just wanted to give the community a heads up."

Be sure to read the comments posted towards the end.

My favorite post to the Prince blog:

"Heard from a homie at FBI that you are mentally ill? Is that true or was he just saying he thought that its crazy to think ATF would ban a gun that's been imported for over 10 years."

Doug

the mean time.

AKATTACK

Yep, I emailed them. Because i was already in contact with Mike he said he'll do it for $80.

Then a half hour later Arms of America emails me saying they are refunding my purchase from Sat because they are out of stock. DAMMIT!

MD Arms is a GREAT company though.

Mike Davidson (MD Arms) is a pretty cool guy. He will ussually respond to emails if you have questions.

the mean time.

AKATTACK

Yep, I emailed them. Because i was already in contact with Mike he said he'll do it for $80.

Then a half hour later Arms of America emails me saying they are refunding my purchase from Sat because they are out of stock. DAMMIT!

MD Arms is a GREAT company though.

the mean time.

AKATTACK

Boo Hoo--I paid $270 for one a year and a half ago. :wet_eyes:

No big deal to me about missing the sale on the MD drums, Mike will have them on sale again

sooner or later. I might buy a ProMag for now. I'm in no hurry and I will buy from Mike

sooner or later, as I've heard that he's a good guy to do business with.

AKATTACK

Just to make sure of any doubts - I wasn't bashing Mike, I was bashing myself for waiting.

Edited by AKATTACK

I would have a Saiga 12 if it weren't for the idiots at Arms of America. They pull their ad an hour after I purchase one for $489, and come Tuesday morning I get an email that they're out of stock and refunding me. Now everywhere is out of stock or has raised the price. To Hell with Arms of America.

this guy sounds like he was there.

No he doesn't. He specifically says, "I got an email from a work associate who attended the meeting."

ah ya good point. i finally r e a d that part. this is really blowing my mind.

i went and applied for a loan today to buy another 4 of these.... they got me coming and giong!

Another 4 to convert! Some parts dealers will be happy with you! I want a family photo when they are all complete :super:

ha ha yup. thats not counting the 3 from 2 weeks ago when there wasnt a scare!

My new estimated value of my S12 Tromix masterpiece

Any takers? :lolol: Its got a Evil Guarantee....

No News? Will I have to lower my price?

my plan is to wait for all the people who panic bought thinking they could turn a profit to realize they are not going to be able to sell them for 3grand each and have to sell them cheaper because they cant pay bills and buy that new car with all their profits

just be happy you all can get an MD20 for that cheap. i can't even have mine assembled at home - have to leave the state before i can put it together. and i have to buy it from someone who will sell as a rebuild kit - kinda limits my options.

You can always use 10rnd mags. Just duct tape two together and call it a day. :lol:

something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it.If no one buys the price will drop again.

Yes this is a true statment, however, there is talk that the production of the gun in Russia has also been stopped. So all those distributors who just sold out are going to have a hell of a time restocking. I would also wager that there are less people who stocked up on several S12s than there are people who have been on the fence for a while about buying one who were suddenly pushed into it. Based on the fact that there isnt likely to be many left at the distributors for quite some time, those folks who bought to resell likely will still be able to sell them for at least $500. I think worst case they will only lose money if they bought from someone who marked up the prices over the last couple days.

something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it.If no one buys the price will drop again.

Yes this is a true statment, however, there is talk that the production of the gun in Russia has also been stopped. So all those distributors who just sold out are going to have a hell of a time restocking. I would also wager that there are less people who stocked up on several S12s than there are people who have been on the fence for a while about buying one who were suddenly pushed into it. Based on the fact that there isnt likely to be many left at the distributors for quite some time, those folks who bought to resell likely will still be able to sell them for at least $500. I think worst case they will only lose money if they bought from someone who marked up the prices over the last couple days.

Well, a lot of it too depends on what the market bears out there. IF someone buys them on Gunbroker for $600 or $700, and other sellers start listing them at that and those sell too, then the price adjusts up as most sellers want the most they can sell their property for. IF the guns are listed at that and no one buys them, then eventually the seller will either lower their price or withdraw the item until a later point. But if the factory is not shipping them, then eventually the supply chain will dry up (rather quickly, from the looks of things) and then supply will not meet demand at the current price range. That's just simple free market economics.

Bottom line is, these guns probably WILL go up- at least for some time- and those who bought them to sell at a profit probably will make some money on them, IF they can time it right to meet the demand while the supply is limited. Unless a WAVE of sellers all try to jump on the bandwagon, and then the supply of these guns on the secondary market will offset the lack of them through the distributors and that will drive the price back down. It's a double-edged sword, but that's the case with investing in ANYTHING- guns, stocks, gold, etc. Timing and anticipating trends is the key to it, if that is what you are after. But that's the one good thing about investing in guns- you may or may not make a profit, but in the meantime you have something very useful to enjoy. More fun to tinker with and go shoot a Saiga-12 than to sit and look at a lump of gold. (Plus, IF things get really bad, the guy with the Saiga-12 can have the gun AND the gold, if he wants it, whereas the guy with the gold... well, he has what amounts to a very expensive rock to throw at someone, unless he can trade it. Something to be said for that, too.)

I too have heard from the shop I bought my s12 at that their distributor told them that the manufacturing in Russia is in question at least in the short term. They didn't know any details. I didn't think much of it at the time, but seeing as others are saying it too on the forum i guess it may end up being true after all.

my favorite gun shop in salt lake just sold 4 to one guy yesterday, guess he is trying to make a profit or planning ahead. i started with 1, then another, now i have 3 waiting to restore, 2 of which are still in boxes, the last 1 got for 250.00 because the pawn shop didn't have the mag. That made my year. glad I got all mine before this flared up. bought 2 md20's in the presale a couple years back and got 2 more on Mikes auction. Guess I need a few more when they go on sale again. Just bought a saiga 308 for 450.00 today. More to restore

When prices were up everywhere I picked mine up at a reasonable(at the time) $550 at herb philipsons.

They're currently selling for $599 there now. This same company never hiked the price during all of the speculation during the elections or anything along those lines. It is however telling to me that a company that didn't gouge during the election felt the need to raise the price to a point above many online dealers.

If you get them for less, you did good.

They are currently selling for 599 here as well. I bought the 2 in boxes when they were 550ish as well. I still like Gallenson's, and they really can't compare with online sales as many stores can't, due to overhead and employees, but I would buy from them again as I do find good deals there, the 308 for 450, as they did have some for 550 when they were popular. Best store around here for sure.

Shit, you guys seeing them locally for $599 are lucky. I don't know if it's because I live in a tourist town or what, but last time I checked here (last summer), bone stock S12's were priced at $700+! :ded: Gun shops around here make the choice to order online, a very easy choice.

This is from shotshow 2011 notice that he states the msrp at $550. How many guns really sell for more than msrp? Plus they don't seem to worried about production stopping if they are showing off there guns at shotshow. It is crazy to me how much panic some retarded blog can induce. Edited by roachtron