Ugh. What a pile of shit. I may as well forget about trying to get a Saiga-12 if this crap passes. Will they even actually make a grace period, or will they simply take them away? Didn't they confiscate a bunch of Yugoslavian M76's with the original receivers some time ago for a similar asinine reason?

I have already had a terrible week. I don't need this garbage to top it off.

Edited by 7N6Wolf
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

Heres an update on the blog... http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/1/21/new-information-on-atf-s-ruling-that-will-be-issued-on-monday

"I have since learned that the new ruling is going to be akin to the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban, in that, shotguns with bayonet lugs, large capacity magazines…etc or commonly referred to as “evil parts,” will no longer be importable as they have “no sporting purpose.”

A little more info & speculation from the author. Hit "Home" to see the running blog.

-EnzNow

Edited by EnzNow

Just sounds like some more pontification on his part, possibly to be part of a massive scare boosting sales. At import the Saiga is perfectly legal.

Pontification, yes, but there is no way to read this as some scheme to boost sales. Either Saigas will be fine for import or not, and we will know Monday. A quick check of online prices shows no changes whatsoever.

If someone wanted to create a "massive scare," they wouldn't try to do it in 5 days' time. This guy is a lawyer who is obviously also a gun enthusiast, and probably nothing more.

I sold mine at a PA gunshow to another party with a simple DL.. oh well no records.. sorry.. :lolol:

That's how we got OURS! There's another show at the Farm Show arena in March, perhaps we'll "FTF" ours if needed.

It would be a much more of a shame to carelessly let it fall off the back of the boat in Raystown Lake...

:angel:

Seriously, I don't think they're going to go after the Saiga. They're not going to make them a DD, in other words.

God help them if they do- I don't think I'd want to piss off a bunch of S-12 afficianados!

Should we start a thread on properly preparing a Kalashnikov for long term underground storage?

Edited by bohound

Am I the only one that finds it strange that this blog is the only one reporting this? All other posts I've seen online reference that blog. There's a lot of people at Shot Show so you'd think there would be plenty of sources to back this claim up. Maybe it's true but I find it suspicious that no one else is writing about it, especially on this forum.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that finds it strange that this blog is the only one reporting this? All other posts I've seen online reference that blog. There's a lot of people at Shot Show so you'd think there would be plenty of sources to back this claim up. Maybe it's true but I find it suspicious that no one else is writing about it, especially on this forum.

That's because nobody else goes to the ATF booth at SHOT, they just walk by and shoot them the stink-eye.

I'm thinking a lawyer is a little more comfortable rubbing elbows with the scum of the Earth in a professional capacity. 000.gif

Another forum has people at the SHOT show saying there is a rumor going around the ATF will ban Saigas on Monday, so no, this isn't the only source. In any case, we'll know Monday what this is all really about.

Another forum has people at the SHOT show saying there is a rumor going around the ATF will ban Saigas on Monday, so no, this isn't the only source. In any case, we'll know Monday what this is all really about.

Link to said forum/post please. Will the announcement on Monday be on their website or at Shot Show?

I will be surprised if the Saiga shotgun is banned since they allow the Saiga rifle to be imported. The Saiga rifle comes in with a low cap magazine, just like the shotgun, but aftermarket hi caps are available for it. Both require 922r compliance once the hi cap magazines are used since they are no longer in "sporting" configuration. Neither have a bayonet lug or pistol grip. But we'll see what Monday brings.

That's because nobody else goes to the ATF booth at SHOT, they just walk by and shoot them the stink-eye.

I'm thinking a lawyer is a little more comfortable rubbing elbows with the scum of the Earth in a professional capacity. 000.gif

lol, thats what i did when they were at the big tulsa wanenmachers gun show. i am like, what are you guys doing here? answering quesitons was there reply. running stings actually from what i heard. while i was standin there some fudd walks up and asks what to do with a sear pin drilled ar receiver. they told him take it to the police station.

as far as the saigas go, we are super boned.

how do we get rid of hte atf again? by the people for the people right? maybe we can turn a state question against them, ie, the atf no longer has jurisdiction in oklahoma....i mean seriously!

there's already a few that are taking advantage of the speculation and hoping for a price gouging......:rolleyes:

Someone mentioned it was a crappy week for them.....I agree, but I've been saving for several months to get a professionally converted S12. This doesn't help my efforts one bit......

Edited by mdfds12

as of 5:00 p.m. today CSS and Centerfire has them still at $499 and isn't taking advantage of the situation.

hope this turns out o.k.

i'm thinking that if any restrictions are put in place, they will come into the country without the "offensive" parts. the importer will become the manufacturer and insert the US parts to make a "US" gun.....hopefully.

i'm thinking that if any restrictions are put in place, they will come into the country without the "offensive" parts. the importer will become the manufacturer and insert the US parts to make a "US" gun.....hopefully.

WORST case scenario tom cole has the capabilities to make 1.5 MM recievers, and frankly, depending on the type of regulation I might make my own from the S-12 parts kits I might have here soon...

demand will react to the supply.

I can have my cousin watercut Saiga flats for $50 each. The problem is all the reverse engineering that would go into it. currently, there is no need for it. however if parts kits showed up for $200 (minus the barrel), then making flats would warrant the 40-60 hours of design work.

building an AK from a flat is a no brainer. i've done 10+ without problems. got it down to a couple hours.

I can have my cousin watercut Saiga flats for $50 each.

Caspian, could you also talk him into getting hammered every once in a while and producing a crappy one so we won't miss the Russian made stuff?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd rather send a little more of my money in-country anyway.

The AWB didn't work because the feds were going up against American ingenuity the whole time.

Anyone who is not a NRA member should definitely join so your voice is represented. Also if we all threw in a few bucks maybe we could start an organization to amplify our collective voices. Just a thought. At the very least we need to encourage everyone to write and call their representatives and let them know how you feel about this possible encroachment on our Constitutional rights. :nonono:

I have a question.. if the Saiga 12 is deemed a DD do we have to get our local CLEO to sign papers for NFA registration? If so, what would be the next step say if the local CLEO refuses to sign?

Tell him that you will vote against him in the next election and do your best to convince everyone that you know to do the same.... and start a NFA trust.

Here is my problem with CLEOs not signing ATF forms for law abiding tax payers....

They are PUBLIC SERVANTS and we pay their salaries. Am I asking him to wash my feet, cook for me, rake my yard, or cut my grass? No. I just want him to sign a piece of paper that will lead to a fairly extensive background check to deem me eligible or ineligible for an NFA weapon. You would think that I could, at the very least, get an autograph for all of the taxes that I pay.

My Sheriff would never call me back with a good reason not to sign. So.... I have a better reason to vote against him now.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 2

Hate to hear this. Read it on another gun forum and had to see what the Saiga experts had to say. Monday will be interesting.

I bet, if it affects Saigas at all, it will be on importation. Too many to declare them DD's....I hope!

Not that it matters to me personally, the one Saiga I owned got traded in on a Prius..................................................

yeah, that 's the ticket!!!

Seriously, I'd rather send a little more of my money in-country anyway.

The AWB didn't work because the feds were going up against American ingenuity the whole time.

That may or may not be true. You'll have to pay A LOT for quality. Part of the reason for less expensive Saigas is the cheap labor and labor associated with making all the parts. If you get CNC milled parts and cast parts made with good metals, then the price will go up significantly.

The US made AKs are $200+ higher than ones made on imported parts. I've never held a US made AK, so i'm not sure if they are higher quality than imported stuff. Also lots of imports are made from factories making 10's of thousands per year. The demand for US saigas won't be as high so economy of scale won't apply. US Saigas would probably cost upwards of $900.