• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Looking out for us"??? Kinda like this: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2010/10/05/the-nra-is-helping-preserve-the-anti-gun-democrat-majority/   Or perhaps like this: http://www.examiner.com/

Time for the U.S. built S12

I had no idea about most of those things. It is obvious that you know what you are talking about and these things are concerning. I guess to to me I just thought that they were our first line of defen

Posted Images

I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing many comments from business members..... I would like to here what they think too.....

They would like to thank the gun community for the upsurge in business that last couple of days.

Keep spending that money out of fear. :up:

There is a much higher percentage of business members selling services than actual S12.....I want to hear from them.....they have much more than most of us invested in this.........

There was only 3 business member posts......

Edited by Saiga Power

This isent dead yet aparently, from the comments.

Joshua Prince, Esq. Says:

January 24th, 2011 at 04:38 PM There were about 30-40 other people that attended the town hall. I can't speak for who they are or why they haven't posted online somewhere, but it was stated during the first 45 minutes. Moreover, the NFATCA had a invite-only meeting, where this impending ruling was discussed. That is where I received the additional information that the import ruling would be similar in nature to the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban.

What a crock of bullsh!t. I have read the minutes of the townhall meeting and read ATF published link on the key points spoken at the Town Hall meeting. Neither mention anything about any ban on importation blah blah blah. Scare Tactic and is probably getting a kick back from all FFL selling S-12.

can you post a link to that comment? and from what i saw of the one above video, the guy is talking about pistol grip only shotguns, which is what the atf is talking about when they say that pistol grip shotguns are not shotguns. heres the link to their letter: ATF paper in the second quote it specifically says "For example, firearms that come equipped with a pistol grip in place of the buttstock are not shotguns as defined by the GCA."

I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing many comments from business members..... I would like to here what they think too.....

They would like to thank the gun community for the upsurge in business that last couple of days.

Keep spending that money out of fear. :up:

There is a much higher percentage of business members selling services than actual S12.....I want to hear from them.....they have much more than most of us invested in this.........

There was only 3 business member posts......

You could always pay the $1200 to be a business member to read their private forum..

But I have read it, and from those posts I'd say we are all equally in the dark.

For me this kinda sucks because your all buying S-12 stuff like crazy, and I only sell S-308 stuff. So its been a slow weekend.

And to think people tried to give me shit about buying some drums and magazines. The same people that were just buying Saigas. Hmmm.

Not only did that blog create the fear, so did this threads coverage on it.

I'm a member of the NRA, as well as the SAF and others. Paid memberships. I only got through the first link posted. Sorry the NRA's endorsements didn't fit a republican agenda entirely. But they are big, well funded, and do work on the law side for gun rights. They also work on educating people on things that infringe rights. The SAF never told me about the ATF's past.

What a crock of bullsh!t. I have read the minutes of the townhall meeting and read ATF published link on the key points spoken at the Town Hall meeting. Neither mention anything about any ban on importation blah blah blah. Scare Tactic and is probably getting a kick back from all FFL selling S-12.

Or perhaps seeing how America would react? Getting the pulse of the Union? Perhaps they read this and say in private meeting......Maybe we CAN do this. At least is good business for Mother Russia. I see pistolgrip smoothbore guns for sale at shops and on computer, to sell you something legally then arrest you for it would be crime.

Edited by Sasha

this information was posted arround and from more than one source. In a lot of gun forums.

If it all originated and was copied/reported from prince i dont know. There may still be truth to it.

I just dont gamble, once I knew then i'd take action.

Edited by mike123456

ARGH!!!!!This is all horse shit. Had my local gun shop order me 2 s12's on thursday (was going to get any way) He said he order the last 4 they had . (IZ-108"s)Nothing arrived today and the distributor is out. He has seen this before and thinks they are just sitting on them waiting to make a killing. but last time was with ar15 's they had to sell a lose. good new for us. when this turns out to be nothing. I just hate waiting.

this guy sounds like he was there. the scare aint over folks. i dont know whats going on either, but all i can say is "we are from the govt, and we are here to help"

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=67263

Thanks for the link.........but that's pretty much the same as the original story; just some guy posting up what he heard someone else say that they heard the ATF say. Still nothing factual.

went over the atf newsletter, found this:

"Pistol Grips and Shotguns

Firearms with pistol grips attached:

The definition of a shotgun under the GCA, 18 U.S.C.

§921(a)(5), is "a weapon designed or redesigned, made or

remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of

an explosives to fire through a smooth bore either a number

of ball shot or single projectile for each single pull of the trigger. Under the GCA, 18 U.S.C. §921(a)(29)(A), handgun

means "a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to

be held and fired by the use of a single hand." Federal law

provides under 18 U.S.C. 922(.b.)(1)**, that if the firearm to be

transferred is "other than a rifle or shotgun," the purchaser

must be 21 years of age or older.

Certain commercially produced firearms do not fall within

the definition of shotgun under the GCA even though

they utilize a shotgun shell for ammunition. For example,

firearms that come equipped with a pistol grip in place of

the buttstock are not shotguns as defined by the GCA.

A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu (the location) of the shoulder stock is

not designed to be fired from the shoulder and, therefore,

is not a shotgun. Since it is a firearm "other than a rifle or

shotgun," the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older.

Additionally, interstate controls apply. The licensee and

transferee must be residents of the same State.

Other questions raised pertain to entries made in the

licensee's required records with respect to firearm "type."

These entries should indicate the firearm type as "pistol grip

firearm."

**- the dots in those parenthesis arent supposed to be there, but without them it became a stupid smiley face.

http://www.nfaoa.org...ter-2009-11.pdf

basically this means that as long as it has a buttstock, collapsible or folding, it is still meeting the definition of a shotgun. just dont go pistol grip only on your shotgun.

Edited by yooper14

not meaning to offend people by this but all the talk of this person being thier and i talked to this person who was thier it is still just people able to make stuff up

I mean my buddy who i trust was at the same meeting with the tooth fairy and the easter bunny and they are wigging out cause the atf said they cant use their s12's to protect themselves because they are now dd's \

do you believe me i said it on a forum so it must be true

my only question is again why haven't people in the industry posted anything about it it is still all forum talk from what i can find

• Like 1

this guy sounds like he was there.

No he doesn't. He specifically says, "I got an email from a work associate who attended the meeting."

ah ya good point. i finally r e a d that part. this is really blowing my mind.

i went and applied for a loan today to buy another 4 of these.... they got me coming and giong!

No he doesn't. He specifically says, "I got an email from a work associate who attended the meeting."

i went and applied for a loan today to buy another 4 of these.... they got me coming and giong!

Another 4 to convert! Some parts dealers will be happy with you! I want a family photo when they are all complete :super:

Hey, I bought one the other day because of all this, but don't go taking out loans. If it turns out to be a hoax at least I wanted one anyway. I just got it sooner than I wanted. You might regret taking out loans to get guns.

Edited by DogBite