ATF to issue new ruling on monday regarding new restrictions on shotgu

hey tnek kent whatever.

regardless of the quality. it was youre self proclaimed knowledge of the saiga 12, by claiming that " there is no 30 round drum in existance" youre words not mine. regardless of the quality of said product it does in fact exist. all i said was i have to question youre knowledge as you completely missed it.

oh and the reason i stated you where paranoid was the fact that the first thing you tried to do was backslide and claim i worked for that company. also there are way more options than the 2 you listed. just in case you where wondering.

now why dont you go back and man up, admit you made a mistake and apologize to the auther of that blog.

p.s. fyi there are alot of people named mike, we DO exist, in fact i think another one of us makes a very nice 20 rnd drum, last name of davis or some such thing.

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm.   I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling

My prediction is the S-12 will be declared "unsporting" and moved to the no-import list. The current ones will remain in circulation but the value will likely spike (except for Boba's)

Posted Images

this guy thinks i work for aliance arms because i called him out on the 30 rnd drums. too funny.

first he says this.

Kent Says:

January 21st, 2011 at 11:49 PM I have to question your knowledge of Saigas since there is no 30 round drum in existance. There is a 20 and 12 round stick mags.

so i reply with this.

mike Says:

January 22nd, 2011 at 12:57 AM umm yeah there is. aliance armament makes a 30 rnd drum. so now i have to question youre knowledge of saigas. theres also a 12 rnd drum a 10 rnd drum 10 rnd mags 5 rnd mags 8 rnd mags maybe do a little research (or hell actually buy one) before you try and sound smart. otherwise you just end up looking stupid.

to which he replies

Kent Says:

January 22nd, 2011 at 11:48 AM Mike,, is this the mike from alliance armament? Your I can take a cinder block and call it a 50 round drum for saigas. Theirs does not function. I bought one of their ORIGINAL lot of the 20s that do not and never worked. The only drums that actually function are the MD drums. MD actually bought my $400 dollar doorstop alliance 20 round drum to figure out what made them junk. IF your the mike from alliance, and I think you are, you guys have been effectively run out of the saiga 12 forums and community on the proverbial rail. Alliance makes junk thats overpriced and does not work. Your in Goonville and Im upstate and talked to you on the phone waaay back when you were building your first 50 or so.

the dude is way paranoid.

i wrote back today

but my reply hasnt shown up. its good stuff. :lolol:

this is all at the bottom of the comments page.

so which one of you is it? fess up now.

i saw these comments earlier today. not suprised its people from the boards. lol. wonder if kent is also.

"kent" is in fact a member, he sent me a pm just recently. ill let him reveal himself, caught me off gaurd, ill say that. :lolol:

Spell my screen name backwards and its not to hard to figure out.

yeah i got that, wasnt going to just rat you out.

So...and I'm sorry if I missed it in this and other threads about this issue. Is there ANY other source or form of information about this besides this ONE DUDE'S blog post?

I've seen this in countless threads on several forums, and the only link I've found is to this one guy's blog.

What up?

That's why people are starting to raise eyebrows at this info. Like you said, on every gun forum posting about it.....it's all the same link to the same page. No one else apparently has any info on it. :unsure:

So...and I'm sorry if I missed it in this and other threads about this issue. Is there ANY other source or form of information about this besides this ONE DUDE'S blog post?

I've seen this in countless threads on several forums, and the only link I've found is to this one guy's blog.

What up?

That's why people are starting to raise eyebrows at this info. Like you said, on every gun forum posting about it.....it's all the same link to the same page. No one else apparently has any info on it. :unsure:

wouldent that be some shit if it was one big "april fools" type bullshit all to boost sales?

What up?

wouldent that be some shit if it was one big "april fools" type bullshit all to boost sales?

Someone would be deserving a punch to the throat for that one.

waffenscmied will probably kill me for this but heres a vid, yes it a one time use in the vid, but he does have one and it does work.

never had any problems with it. i peronally would not buy one. but he can and he did, he makes it a point to test the living shit out of every product he owns or makes. i dont have all the awnsers, but i think you will agree that somone who custom builds saigas mite have a clue. if you like contact him. again sorry mike.

• Like 1

To answer the question, yes, you can cut the barrel to any length on a registered DD.

Tony

this is intriguing. here in WA state, we can own DD, but not SBS. wouldn't it be

ironic if this is the manner in which I may legally become owner to a DD, nee SBS

after 15+ years of repression? :rolleyes:

Edited by waltermitty

Best comment I've seen on this yet....

"Ginn Said,

January 20th, 2011 at 5:44 pm

there is a very simple fix to this whole problem which im surprised gun rights groups havent gone after- the sporting clause. Its a low hanging fruit that is practically on the ground in constitutional law terms. Here is the entire arguement "since the second amendment as held in heller and in mcdonald is understood to protect firearms that are appropriate for self defense there for its unconstitutional to determine the legality of a firearm soley based on its suitability for sporting". Boom- there it is- there is no way that the defense could make a credible arguement against this."

http://www.snowflake...s-in-the-works/

And even if that argument were to fail, a very strong case can be made that while the ATF may legally be able to determine what guns are suitable for sporting purposes it is not within the purview of the ATF to decree in a God-like manner what a sport is or isn't. In other words if the people establish that 3 gun, target shooting, or anything else like that is a sport, then it is. It is then that the ATF may attempt to use it's authority to determine what guns it believes are suitable for that sport.

Edited by DogMan

I can probably buy a starwars prop gun with the same expectations it will work about as well.

If you buy an original star wars prop gun, you will likely be buying an actual firearm - in A New Hope, Luke's blaster was an unadorned Mauser C96, Han's blaster was a Mauser C96 with a bunch of prop crap added to it, the blaster rifles most of the storm troopers carried were actual Sterling L2A3 submachine guns with prop crap added, and the big blasters the desert troopers carried were propped-up MG-34s.

Any of these guns are likely to be substantially more reliable than most Saiga-12s being fed with an AA turd.

• Like 2

I can probably buy a starwars prop gun with the same expectations it will work about as well.

If you buy an original star wars prop gun, you will likely be buying an actual firearm - in A New Hope, Luke's blaster was an unadorned Mauser C96, Han's blaster was a Mauser C96 with a bunch of prop crap added to it, the blaster rifles most of the storm troopers carried were actual Sterling L2A3 submachine guns with prop crap added, and the big blasters the desert troopers carried were propped-up MG-34s.

Any of these guns are likely to be substantially more reliable than most Saiga-12s being fed with an AA turd.

Same basic concept for the firearms used in the TV show firefly. Get a gun, tape shiny plastic to it, maybe a laser or two, and bam! Future gun.

• Like 2

waffenscmied will probably kill me for this but heres a vid, yes it a one time use in the vid, but he does have one and it does work.

never had any problems with it. i peronally would not buy one. but he can and he did, he makes it a point to test the living shit out of every product he owns or makes. i dont have all the awnsers, but i think you will agree that somone who custom builds saigas mite have a clue. if you like contact him. again sorry mike.

I know that another member, MadMax4x4 I think it is, also has an AA drum and he says his runs great. But like you, I still wouldn't buy one either. I'm too poor to gamble on such an expensive drum that may, or may not, need a $200 "reliability service" to go along with it.

• Like 1

What up?

Someone would be deserving a punch to the throat for that one.

Gun owners, as a general rule, sure are a bunch of easily panicked folk aren't they?

I think I'ma go open a gun store and a LiveJournal account.

Phase 3? Profit!

Edited by Vicarious_Lee

To answer the question, yes, you can cut the barrel to any length on a registered DD.

Tony

this is intriguing. here in WA state, we can own DD, but not SBS. wouldn't it be

ironic if this is the manner in which I may legally become owner to a DD, nee SBS

after 15+ years of repression? :rolleyes:

Don't focking jinx it for us man!:lolol::devil: But I was on the same page.

I keep finding more of this on the net.

ATF Ruling

Looks like that Arsenal S12 at my local shop may have to be procured Monday.

If it's still there.011.gif

It's still there. I'm not doing any panic buying though. Until I hear the announcement, and if I do buy it, it's not to turn a profit but to have a spare to build. The gun counter that has it has no idea what they are selling sadly, and they are on a military installation. The S12 is $480, no tax added as it is on base. They have a ProMag drum for $100 which is a joke. Will see tomorrow.

I keep finding more of this on the net.

ATF Ruling

Looks like that Arsenal S12 at my local shop may have to be procured Monday.

If it's still there.011.gif

It's still there. I'm not doing any panic buying though. Until I hear the announcement, and if I do buy it, it's not to turn a profit but to have a spare to build. The gun counter that has it has no idea what they are selling sadly, and they are on a military installation. The S12 is $480, no tax added as it is on base. They have a ProMag drum for $100 which is a joke. Will see tomorrow.

I didn't panic buy either, I have been wanting another and would have bought anyway in the next month or so. All I did was bump up the timeline on it and a few more MD's.011.gif

The only reason I wanted another at all is my rule of one is none and two is one when it counts. I do this with everything except my old lady.018.gif

Without using direct quotes or names, I have word from one of the NFA examiners at ATF. He said he knows nothing of anything coming out tomorrow (but that doesn't mean it isn't) and said that if it did, he can't imagine the Saiga being affected since it comes in completely neutered. He also was familiar with Prince Law and said that they're known for tin foil hat rumors.

The only reason I wanted another at all is my rule of one is none and two is one when it counts. I do this with everything except my old lady.[/size]

I thought I was the only person that likes to buy guns in twos

I also bought two new S-12s. They were at the very bottom of my wanted list but I moved them to the top just in case. Now I gotta start saving up for two S-308s.

Edited by Boba Debt

The only reason I wanted another at all is my rule of one is none and two is one when it counts. I do this with everything except my old lady.[/size]

I thought I was the only person that likes to buy guns in twos

I also bought two new S-12s. They were at the very bottom of my wanted list but I moved them to the top just in case. Now I gotta start saving up for two S-308s.

Get a 16" and a 21", you won't be disappointed. I dressed the 21" up for long range with a huge scope and bipod but kept the 16" light and maneuverable with no accessories for that little something extra for close quarters.

UPDATE

I just had a nice long phone conversation with one of the head honchos over at ATF. There IS an announcement supposed to be posted today, but it's a STUDY. It's similar to one released 20 years ago, and clarifies the non importable features. As far as the Saiga 12, it should be safe, as the study identifies shotguns with detachable magazines with a capacity over 5 rounds, or drums. Since the Saiga is imported with 5 round mags, it does NOT fall into this category. #2 on the list was a bayonet lug. Know what has those? 1897 trench gun copies...and even though they're a replica of a historic shotgun, it's still affected, and likely will no longer be imported. The study itself will be posted soon, probably today, though it was actually supposed to be posted on Friday.

UPDATE

I just had a nice long phone conversation with one of the head honchos over at ATF. There IS an announcement supposed to be posted today, but it's a STUDY. It's similar to one released 20 years ago, and clarifies the non importable features. As far as the Saiga 12, it should be safe, as the study identifies shotguns with detachable magazines with a capacity over 5 rounds, or drums. Since the Saiga is imported with 5 round mags, it does NOT fall into this category. #2 on the list was a bayonet lug. Know what has those? 1897 trench gun copies...and even though they're a replica of a historic shotgun, it's still affected, and likely will no longer be imported. The study itself will be posted soon, probably today, though it was actually supposed to be posted on Friday.

Best news I've heard all day. Of course this is still technically hersey, but I guess I have to deal with Pauli callin me chicken little, but that's much better than the doom and gloom scenarios!!

I'll be happy to eat my share of crow when the finding gets published.

Edited by rjrivero

You can sign up for an email update that should hit as soon as anything new is posted at atf.org. You have the option to subscribe to a lot of notices. Select all of the firearms-related ATF notices, and you should be covered.

My phone will "ding" the minute anything goes out. We'll see who's the first to share the direct link to the source.

:)

#2 on the list was a bayonet lug. Know what has those? 1897 trench gun copies...and even though they're a replica of a historic shotgun, it's still affected, and likely will no longer be imported.

Well in the case of the trench gun all they need to do is NOT finish milling the lug. It will look correct within five feet, but won't have a Bayonet lug. One could even rig a display bayonet for collectors that could use some rare earth magnets to hold it in place for display.

Just a thought.