on the BATFE website...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm.   I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling

My prediction is the S-12 will be declared "unsporting" and moved to the no-import list. The current ones will remain in circulation but the value will likely spike (except for Boba's)

Posted Images

waiting to see:

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down,

Never gonna run around and desert you.

Never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

on the BATFE website...

me: "Im sorry I need to return an item I got from you that has not shipped yet"

vendor: "ok, your money will appear in 5 days back on your credit card"

me: "I will never read the Prince Law Blog again"

vendor: "What?"

It is the Prince law blog that started this chaos, fuck him for all I am concerned. I mean I sure as hell do not support the batfe but they are not at fault for the panic half as bad.

• Like 1

me: "Im sorry I need to return an item I got from you that has not shipped yet"

vendor: "ok, your money will appear in 5 days back on your credit card"

me: "I will never read the Prince Law Blog again"

vendor: "What?"

lol...I have a feeling a lot of vendors are going to be hearing something similar to this tomorrow.

• Like 1

I can't beleive you just Rick Rolled us.

Damn You

waiting to see:

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down,

Never gonna run around and desert you.

Never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

on the BATFE website...

Edited by Boba Debt

Was it weird to anyone else that such a major decision affecting potentially several tens to hundreds of thousands of gun owners (with Judge's, saigas, and PG SG's) was only able to be cited by a single source?

Also, remember all those low count posters who kept bringing this topic up a couple days ago? I think something more was at work here..... Arfcom job perhaps? Maybe an entity sought to benefit from panic buying?

Edited by 690gr

Well, I'm officially unconcerned. Pretty slick joke. I'm actually not mad, I'm kinda impressed.

The gun community is easily trolled.

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Tell them something will be banned or restricted and there will be a knee jerk reaction even when there is no credible source.

:)

Edited by Speedlace
  • Like 1
I'm kinda impressed.

I'm not.

No offense to anyone, but gun owners typically aren't the most rational group out there. Doesn't take much to cause a panic buy. And what you see here on the internet is nothing. Ever talk gun politics with a typical Bubba at the gun range? Doesn't take a whole lot for them to start running around like chicken little because someone sent them a chain e-mail (via AOL) quoting a bill that's been dead in committee for a decade.

• Like 1
I'm kinda impressed.

I'm not.

No offense to anyone, but gun owners typically aren't the most rational group out there. Doesn't take much to cause a panic buy. And what you see here on the internet is nothing. Ever talk gun politics with a typical Bubba at the gun range? Doesn't take a whole lot for them to start running around like chicken little because someone sent them a chain e-mail (via AOL) quoting a bill that's been dead in committee for a decade.

Troof. Unbelievable Troof.

And they're not just idiots, it's an ignorance thing. I know a lot of smart people (much smarter and wiser than me) that send me shit ALL THE TIME about some gun-banning thing they heard via e-mail. Every time I send them the Snopes article right back to them about how it's always 2 of 3 things: Fake, Ancient, Irrelevant.

And they KNOW I'm a gun enthusiast. A gun enthusiast that was one of those chicken littles during the Obama Panic year(and a half or so).

Among the majority of people that own guns, the ignorance of the law is DEAFENING. It's staggering. Shit I've heard from smart, successful people about guns is fucking shocking to my ears.

Well, congrats to KVAR and all those other Sagia boys who sharted out some inventory at a bumped profit! Go feel good to be a gangsta!

I'm kinda impressed.

I'm not.

True. But many, too many, of these "Bubbas" are only concerned about legislation that affects or could affect them directly. And not just the Elmers, either. I remember some years back being told on the range, " Who cares if they ban the .50 BMG, no one needs to shoot something a mile away." The guy doing the talking was shooting a D.E. .50 AE. I was quick to point out, THAT was next on the .50 cal list.

The range I shoot at and RO at now, any gun is welcome, up to 20mm.

Also, it's amazing who many shooters have never heard of D.C. vs Heller, let alone Chicago vs McDonald, 2 cases that have reaffirmed and advanced the civil rights of every gun owner more than any other court case in our nation's history . I met and shot with Rich Heller at a rifle match on Range 4 at Quantico, back in '09. Great guy. Rich told me that the D.C. ruling had opened the way for at least 170 new 2nd Amendment suits. Until then, unheard of. I mentioned "Chicago is next." Rich nodded. And it was!

Gun owners have been a target for a long time and have considerable investments in their hobby. It's also a right that has been violated before without much reason. I think a degree of worry is natural.

The only source was one guy with a blog.

Go back and read the comments in this thread and the other.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62170&st=0

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62179

People were damn near pissing themselves, and buying left and right.

All that over a blog post?

:haha:

Edited by Speedlace
  • Like 1

So what happened with the S12 study and the trench gun bayonet lug deal? I guess the Intel Wakko got from the ATF big wig wasn't solid.

Time will tell...I'm not ready to poo poo what a Chief tells me. I sure hope that nothing comes of it, but I suspect it's just delayed. Did anyone else think to just call?