ATF to issue new ruling on monday regarding new restrictions on shotgu

Does that mean we can do anything to our guns once we have the paperwork. For instance, could we cut down the barrels??

Go right ahead cut your barrel and hell, make her full auto and let us know how that turns out.

slap.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm.   I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling

My prediction is the S-12 will be declared "unsporting" and moved to the no-import list. The current ones will remain in circulation but the value will likely spike (except for Boba's)

Posted Images

Please :rolleyes: . I've never trolled any of your posts or threads, ....

Speaking of needing thicker skin and needing to calm down......

I never said YOU trolled any of my threads.

It's not a matter of thick skin (let's be honest, I couldn't care less about what some anonymous nobody says on the internet, unless it's something useful or helpful). But as a general rule, when you quote someone's post and reply to it....it usually means you're referring to, and talking to them. Come on now, you've been on internet forums for 11+ years, you say. You should know this by now.

Hmmm.

I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling :)

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, then you'll end up on the "Go fuck yourself list" with many gun owners, if you're the type to profit-whore like that.

"Free America", "Capitalism", yeah yeah yeah, I get it. But it's still a dick move, and it's why I won't ever spend a dime with those pieces of shit at Cheaper Than Dirt. I hope their place burns down. Selling PMags for like 60 fucking dollars and lying about why they jacked the price up. Fuckers.

Yes I was being sarcastic.

If I was serious I would have just pulled my for sale thread last night and waited for the prices to skyrocket.

Half way through the thread I had already decided to buy 2 more S-12s and instantly had second thoughts about selling "DeArmageddon"

By this morning I had convinced myself that I would just keep it and try to go the SBS route

Some people need to get the fuck over themselves and grow some thicker skin.

I seriously believe you did pull it to wait for the prices to skyrocket. You mentioned doing so in another thread retard. With all the UTG, Tapco, and other bullshit you bolted/glued on "DeArmageddon", I find it hard to believe you are actually going to suck up a tax stamp to SBS it as your other projects using such high quality shit reflect it.

• Like 2

Hmmm.

I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling :)

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, then you'll end up on the "Go fuck yourself list" with many gun owners, if you're the type to profit-whore like that.

"Free America", "Capitalism", yeah yeah yeah, I get it. But it's still a dick move, and it's why I won't ever spend a dime with those pieces of shit at Cheaper Than Dirt. I hope their place burns down. Selling PMags for like 60 fucking dollars and lying about why they jacked the price up. Fuckers.

Yes I was being sarcastic.

If I was serious I would have just pulled my for sale thread last night and waited for the prices to skyrocket.

Half way through the thread I had already decided to buy 2 more S-12s and instantly had second thoughts about selling "DeArmageddon"

By this morning I had convinced myself that I would just keep it and try to go the SBS route

Some people need to get the fuck over themselves and grow some thicker skin.

I seriously believe you did pull it to wait for the prices to skyrocket. You mentioned doing so in another thread retard. With all the UTG, Tapco, and other bullshit you bolted/glued on "DeArmageddon", I find it hard to believe you are actually going to suck up a tax stamp to SBS it as your other projects using such high quality shit reflect it.

I don't usually get involved with this shit, buthaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

• Like 2

I'm actually starting to glean some enjoyment from feeding the trolls. Every time I post I know MT is going to troll me, he's just that pathetic, so rather then get worked up over it, I just laugh and feel pity for him.

Then the rest join in and it's just delicious. I think I'll get them tee shirts.

For one FUCKTARD, nobody is trolling your thread as it is not your thread to begin with. You should know that in all you years of internet forum experience. You poked your dumbass in here and once again posted something stupid. I'm not the only one who sees or responds to some of your dumbass comments. So, from all of your "Personal Trolls", where's our t-shirts bitch? They better not have a UTG or TAPCO logo on them!

ETA: Please do not put your avatar photo on the shirt either. We'll never pick up chicks wearing that shit!

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 2

I'm actually starting to glean some enjoyment from feeding the trolls. Every time I post I know MT is going to troll me, he's just that pathetic, so rather then get worked up over it, I just laugh and feel pity for him.

Then the rest join in and it's just delicious. I think I'll get them tee shirts.

For one FUCKTARD, nobody is trolling your thread as it is not your thread to begin with. You should know that in all you years of internet forum experience. You poked your dumbass in here and once again posted something stupid. I'm not the only one who sees or responds to some of your dumbass comments. So, from all of your "Personal Trolls", where's our t-shirts bitch? They better not have a UTG or TAPCO logo on them!

ETA: Please do not put your avatar photo on the shirt either. We'll never pick up chicks wearing that shit!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Or I'm wrong, you're all right and we should put our hands over our heads, run in a circle and scream like little girls.......

20z4opv.jpg

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Like 1

To answer the question, yes, you can cut the barrel to any length on a registered DD.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

For the sake of everyone involved I'm hoping for the best and you bussiness menbers will be in my prayers.

Even though I'm optimistic I'm sStill gonna buy me two S-12s if I can scratch up the hobby cash

Worst case scenario I might dip into the saving I had set aside for the 2 Keltec RFBs I'm waiting to buy.

• Like 2

To answer the question, yes, you can cut the barrel to any length on a registered DD.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

For the sake of everyone involved I'm hoping for the best and you bussiness menbers will be in my prayers.

Even though I'm optimistic I'm sStill gonna buy me two S-12s if I can scratch up the hobby cash

Worst case scenario I might dip into the saving I had set aside for the 2 Keltec RFBs I'm waiting to buy.

OK fuck it, Im gonna do the same thing. Its a gamble, because I hate shotguns, but if I dont buy a few now Im gonna be kicking myself come monday....

So now I am hoping the atf makes pistol griped units DD's and gives a 30 day window to register them.... if they dont, Im blaming you Boba.. :haha:

• Like 1

So now I am hoping the atf makes pistol griped units DD's and gives a 30 day window to register them.... if they dont, Im blaming you Boba.. :haha:

I'm screwed that way too, I have two Pistol gripped Mossy 500s :lolol:

the issue will come down to how fast K-Var can ship the item out to me. If the ATF says something like "any S12's transfered after this point cant have a pistol grip..." then Im fucked, if they say "any S12's in possession after February with pistol grips must be registered and get a free DD stamp..." then I am in the money.

Its a gamble, and BigSal hates gambling... :smoke:

Edited by bigsal

the issue will come down to how fast K-Var can ship the item out to me. If the ATF says something like "any S12's transfered after this point cant have a pistol grip..." then Im fucked, if they say "any S12's in possession after February with pistol grips must be registered and get a free DD stamp..." then I am in the money.

I was told over and over again that once you bought something and the sale is made and recorded by the seller, it's yours regardless of whether or not the gun has left the possession of the seller. In other words, the "sale" is where the "transfer" takes place. I've never heard anything since to contradict that.

Tony

Got any insight on how that would work if state law says no SBS/SBR's? It cant be an SBS if its registered as a DD right, i mean it cant technically be both, can it?

I'd probably still be SOL in IL!

Everything else aside, I have to agree with you on this. Seeing as how far this platform, Saigas specifically, have come in even just the last year (look at how many vendors we have now, and all the companies making aftermarket accessories for Saigas), it'd be a shame for all these fine business members get screwed over as a result of possible legislation.

I was told over and over again that once you bought something and the sale is made and recorded by the seller, it's yours regardless of whether or not the gun has left the possession of the seller. In other words, the "sale" is where the "transfer" takes place. I've never heard anything since to contradict that.

the idea isnt the sale, but weather or not I will legally be allowed to modify the shotgun to accommodate a pistol grip after Monday. If the ATF gives a 30 day window, I should be ok.... if not I just wasted $489....

Shooter, what kind of legislation do you speak of??? These JBT's are in no legislative position. They are executive playing from the cuff types that really have no constitutional authority to be doing all of this

Some would argue that that isn't the case Beef, the 1968 Gun Control Act is a legal statute and the ATF has the responsibility to determine "sporting" weapons classifications under this act.

They would put forward that you can say what you want to about it being fair, or about it being far from the original intentions of the founders, but you cannot say the action is illegal or un-constiutional....

...I wouldn't argue this, but some would.

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 2

Shooter, what kind of legislation do you speak of??? These JBT's are in no legislative position. They are executive playing from the cuff types that really have no constitutional authority to be doing all of this

Some would argue that that isn't the case Beef, the 1968 Gun Control Act is a legal statute and the ATF has the responsibility to determine "sporting" weapons classifications under this act.

They would put forward that you can say what you want to about it being fair, or about it being far from the original intentions of the founders, but you cannot say the action is illegal or un-constiutional....

...I wouldn't argue this, but some would.

My point still stand, this is not possible legislation because they are not legislatures. I understand they were granted powers they shouldn't have been. And that it is an active law. But they are an executive branch or bullies making an executive decree as if they were legislatures. And should be reigned in...

ETA, I would still argue that the powers granted to them are unconstitutional, by in fact giving power to those not eligible for power to create rules of law. I dunno ignore my rambling, I am probly way off base anyway.

ETAMore: I also find the legal statute, referred to as an "Act" is by definition a Constitutional infringement. So again forgive my drunken rambling

Edited by beefcakeb0
  • Like 1

so back to the DD thing.. Say it happens.

I've never had any interest in owning a DD but I guess that may change, what are the rules on registering one? is it the same as the NFA registration topic in the NFA section?

Edited by volkov

Not exactly sure how that works, but from my understanding you would be granted a tax exempt amnesty period, and then would have to register as a NFA device before that period expires or you would then be in possession of a unregistered NFA device. Someone help me out here

And to expand on my earlier sentiment, we have went to war over 'Acts' before. And I find any amendment avoiding 'Act' to be just that, a sneak around the Constitutional restrictions they so freely violate.

Reading the comments on the blog that started all of this, I came across a particularly sad one.

Matt Says:

January 21st, 2011 at 09:08 AM

Damn it. I have been a gun nut since I was a little kid. My Saiga 12 was my favorite gun ever (not just of those I've owned, I mean among all firearms) last summer I had to sell it to put food on my family's table. Now, by the time I can afford to replace it, they'll be all bought up and scalped for over a grand in standard IZ-109, sporter configuration. And I am sure that one day they will be declared Destructive Devices (along with .50 BMGs, and AR pistols with buffer tubes claimed SBRs). This is really upsetting to me. I don't own snowmobiles, four wheelers, a camper, a pool, anything like that, or live luxuriously in any way. I was saving my pennies so I could buy back another of the shotgun I had to sell for emergency funds, might as well forget it now, it's just going to be beyond my means. I knew when I had to sell my almost new Colt Python, that was it for that one, I could never afford to replace it again. But damn, I just went thru a horrible divorce and 2 years of terrible loss and bad luck, am several months sober from severe alcoholism, and maybe DESERVE the OPPORTUNITY to PURCHASE BACK my prized possession. currently my net worth is not even enough to buy the $620. S-12 at the local pawn shop. Would if I could, if it meant a year of Ramen noodles and nothing but, no problem. If it cost my left pinkie...at this moment I'd trade ya. Thanks scalpers. batfe I won't even get into. I love my son, my parents, the Saiga 12 shotgun, and sex. Man I really liked that gun. There is no one in the world this is more of a bummer to, I guarantee that. Be thankful, those of you who own S-12s now and paid a fair price for them. Try and keep them under a G please.

It's a sad state that we're in, when in "the land of the free", we have people who have to be effected by government that's just changing shit for the sole purpose of looking like their jobs are there for a reason.

• Like 3

Let us hope it is a coincidence that the powers that be have decided to announce this only 2 days before a show airs that will open the eyes to a large audience just how awesome our saiga 12 really is. But in the UK you can have the real thing and no pointed knifes go figure!

Reading the comments on the blog that started all of this, I came across a particularly sad one.

Matt Says:

January 21st, 2011 at 09:08 AM

Damn it. I have been a gun nut since I was a little kid. My Saiga 12 was my favorite gun ever (not just of those I've owned, I mean among all firearms) last summer I had to sell it to put food on my family's table. Now, by the time I can afford to replace it, they'll be all bought up and scalped for over a grand in standard IZ-109, sporter configuration. And I am sure that one day they will be declared Destructive Devices (along with .50 BMGs, and AR pistols with buffer tubes claimed SBRs). This is really upsetting to me. I don't own snowmobiles, four wheelers, a camper, a pool, anything like that, or live luxuriously in any way. I was saving my pennies so I could buy back another of the shotgun I had to sell for emergency funds, might as well forget it now, it's just going to be beyond my means. I knew when I had to sell my almost new Colt Python, that was it for that one, I could never afford to replace it again. But damn, I just went thru a horrible divorce and 2 years of terrible loss and bad luck, am several months sober from severe alcoholism, and maybe DESERVE the OPPORTUNITY to PURCHASE BACK my prized possession. currently my net worth is not even enough to buy the $620. S-12 at the local pawn shop. Would if I could, if it meant a year of Ramen noodles and nothing but, no problem. If it cost my left pinkie...at this moment I'd trade ya. Thanks scalpers. batfe I won't even get into. I love my son, my parents, the Saiga 12 shotgun, and sex. Man I really liked that gun. There is no one in the world this is more of a bummer to, I guarantee that. Be thankful, those of you who own S-12s now and paid a fair price for them. Try and keep them under a G please.

It's a sad state that we're in, when in "the land of the free", we have people who have to be effected by government that's just changing shit for the sole purpose of looking like their jobs are there for a reason.

OK, I finally have to step in here and say something now. All these emotional comments that are assuming doom and gloom here are just totally uncalled for. I don't know what this "big announcement" is going to be but I suspect it's not going to be anything to do with Saigas. Of course I could be wrong but right now we don't know anything so there is no reason for anyone to be upset about anything YET.

EDIT: This comment is in response to the blog comment from Matt that Pauly quoted, not to Pauly's comment.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1

OK, I finally have to step in here and say something now. All these emotional comments that are assuming doom and gloom here are just totally uncalled for. I don't know what this "big announcement" is going to be but I suspect it's not going to be anything to do with Saigas. Of course I could be wrong but right now we don't know anything so there is no reason for anyone to be upset about anything YET.

I don't think you seem to get it.

Not just this particular scare.

It's all of them. If there's nothing to be scared of, something is manufactured to be scared of.

I'm talking about the fact that this is supposed to be the land of the free.

Free to be free.

Not free to fear the government's intrusion. Or free to lose everything because the government makes a snap decision that effects people without a vote being put to the people.

That's not the definition of free that I was raised to have.

The simple fact that this is even a concern is what annoys me.

• Like 4

I finally went and put some cash down on a S12 today. Have been planning it for months. Was just waiting on the tax return to do it. The guy at the gun shop, said he did not expect it to be Saiga rifles but maybe regarding the new Taraus Judge in 28 gauge pistol and the other shotgun caliber pistols. Hopefully that is the way of the issue, if it is a negative ruling. Maybe we are getting lucky and they are removing the USAS-12 from the DD list.

• Like 1

I really, really think this is all a fear mongering sales boost. And they have us by the nuts right now...announcing several days before hand that they have another announcement after the shot show, before a saiga show, starting an economic boost. The ATF is probably rolling right now at this shit.

Who knows they could be announcing good news :angel:

• Like 2