ATF to issue new ruling on monday regarding new restrictions on shotgu

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm.   I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling

My prediction is the S-12 will be declared "unsporting" and moved to the no-import list. The current ones will remain in circulation but the value will likely spike (except for Boba's)

Posted Images

If the ruling comes out Monday, and it's the end of importation for the S12, Tuesday will likely be too late for one of the steal deals that we're still seeing. I sold my Obama scare spare for $525 about six months ago when the prices came down...broke even on it. Kinda wish I'd have kept it.

If "Sporting Purposes" seems to be their segway in justifying an attack on the Saiga then we need to impress upon the masses and the courts that a very heavily modded Saiga is exactly that.

These are purely sporting guns in the eyes of many

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FziECY1mSaY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8GmjgOIHU

Edited by SOPMOD

One of the guys on another forum posted this, it is NOT mine to take credit for:

A little history ...

The "sporting use" concept was not, of course, in the original Second Amentment. It first appeared in gun legislation when Congress passed the Gun Control Act of 1968. It has continued, and grown in influence, ever since.

Everyone is correct, it should be challenged in court. The problem is that a court challenge must be done in federal court, and the cost of doing so is well into six figures (if you're lucky, you can squeak by with a $250,000 war chest). And no one is willing to invest that sort of $$$ to challenge the "sporting use" concept, given the Supreme Court's present antsy acceptance of the Second Amendment.

In Heller v. D.C., the issue was broad enough that folks like Alan Gura and a bunch of other legal eagles were willing to donate huge amounts of time and effort to the cause. The "sporting use" clause is narrow enough that it does not attract the right sort of support to attract the resources to succeed.

This is just a guess. Maybe there headed after the mossy 500 PG shotguns due to the fact that they are recognized in some states (MI for sure) as a pistol and can therefore be legally carried fully loaded and concealed like any pistol.

Or I'm wrong, you're all right and we should put our hands over our heads, run in a circle and scream like little girls.......

This is just a guess. Maybe there headed after the mossy 500 PG shotguns due to the fact that they are recognized in some states (MI for sure) as a pistol and can therefore be legally carried fully loaded and concealed like any pistol.

Or I'm wrong, you're all right and we should put our hands over our heads, run in a circle and scream like little girls.......

OK , I like the second option, but which way should we run, Clockwise, or Counter Clockwise? :lolol:

• Like 3

OK , I like the second option, but which way should we run, Clockwise, or Counter Clockwise? :lolol:

Counter clockwise, because if we all run fast enough maybe we can turn back time! MUHAHAHAHA :victory:

As you can see someone has started drinking early today, very early. I even intend to have some Jack Daniels this afternoon (I've been on hard liquor hiatus for a few months now :eek: ).

I like to think that this might actually be a positive ruling since they mentioned this at Shot Show.

If it is negative, then I have a feeling Benelli's (M2 & M4) and a couple other major players may be taken out too, which will affect a much bigger chunk of the gun community than just us Saiga fans.

The good news is that most local FFL dealers likely won't hear about it before we do here. So that means I know what I will be doing at lunchtime on Monday if it is the end of importation for Saigas.

I like to think that this might actually be a positive ruling since they mentioned this at Shot Show.

If it is negative, then I have a feeling Benelli's (M2 & M4) and a couple other major players may be taken out too, which will affect a much bigger chunk of the gun community than just us Saiga fans.

The good news is that most local FFL dealers likely won't hear about it before we do here. So that means I know what I will be doing at lunchtime on Monday if it is the end of importation for Saigas.

Monday will be too late. I bought the last of the local S-12's today myself.011.gif

Monday will be too late. I bought the last of the local S-12's today myself.011.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

In Britain, they ran anti-clockwise as their weapons were stolen.

• Like 1

I'm kind of a dumbass when it comes to gun laws and shit that changes fly-by-night. Will this and how does this possibly affect Saiga-20 owners? I've been eyeing a 13 rd magazine to plink with. Should I pretty much buy it RIGHT NOW kind of thing?

I ask because all people seem to be taking about is the 12.

Edited by mgvsquared

Maybe it has to do with the names they are marketing things with...

With the KelTec Tactical Bullpup Shotgun and the Mossberg Chainsaw, I think they may need to just re-brand them as the "Keltec Short Length Deer Gitter" and the "Mossberg Duck Squisher". Then they go from being "tactical" to being "sporting" with just a name change!

In seriousness, the above guns may be on the shit list more so than the Saiga (right now it is all supposition that Saigas are the target) because they have scary names and non-conventional ergonomics that imply non-sporting uses similar to "Street Sweeper". Saigas have thankfully never been stupidly marketed as "Tactical Head Exploders" or "Schoolyard Dominators" and their import configuration is very "sporting" under the evil features definitions they have in 922r.

I'm really trying to stay optimistic that this won't affect us!

• Like 1

With the KelTec Tactical Bullpup Shotgun and the Mossberg Chainsaw, I think they may need to just re-brand them as the "Keltec Short Length Deer Gitter" and the "Mossberg Duck Squisher". Then they go from being "tactical" to being "sporting" with just a name change!

In seriousness, the above guns may be on the shit list more so than the Saiga (right now it is all supposition that Saigas are the target) because they have scary names and non-conventional ergonomics that imply non-sporting uses similar to "Street Sweeper". Saigas have thankfully never been stupidly marketed as "Tactical Head Exploders" or "Schoolyard Dominators" and their import configuration is very "sporting" under the evil features definitions they have in 922r.

Well they have been named thus now, dumbass.............naaaa.gif

In seriousness, the above guns may be on the shit list more so than the Saiga (right now it is all supposition that Saigas are the target) because they have scary names and non-conventional ergonomics that imply non-sporting uses similar to "Street Sweeper". Saigas have thankfully never been stupidly marketed as "TacticalZombie Head Exploders" or "SchoolyardZombie Horde Dominators" and their import configuration is very "sporting" under the evil features definitions they have in 922r.

Well they have been named thus now, dumbass.............naaaa.gif

I don't think my posts get the attention that the ads in gun publications get. See edit above!

I have a serious question about this but there are a lot of "ifs"

If this is about S-12s

and

If they classify them as DDs

and

If they Grandfather all current owners, as they have in the past.

Does that mean we can do anything to our guns once we have the paperwork. For instance, could we cut down the barrels??

Edited by Boba Debt

Hmmm.

I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling :)

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, then you'll end up on the "Go fuck yourself list" with many gun owners, if you're the type to profit-whore like that.

"Free America", "Capitalism", yeah yeah yeah, I get it. But it's still a dick move, and it's why I won't ever spend a dime with those pieces of shit at Cheaper Than Dirt. I hope their place burns down. Selling PMags for like 60 fucking dollars and lying about why they jacked the price up. Fuckers.

• Like 2

Hmmm.

I wonder if I should raise the price on the S-12 I'm selling :)

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, then you'll end up on the "Go fuck yourself list" with many gun owners, if you're the type to profit-whore like that.

"Free America", "Capitalism", yeah yeah yeah, I get it. But it's still a dick move, and it's why I won't ever spend a dime with those pieces of shit at Cheaper Than Dirt. I hope their place burns down. Selling PMags for like 60 fucking dollars and lying about why they jacked the price up. Fuckers.

Yes I was being sarcastic.

If I was serious I would have just pulled my for sale thread last night and waited for the prices to skyrocket.

Half way through the thread I had already decided to buy 2 more S-12s and instantly had second thoughts about selling "DeArmageddon"

By this morning I had convinced myself that I would just keep it and try to go the SBS route

Some people need to get the fuck over themselves and grow some thicker skin.

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 1

My skin is plenty thick.

I've been post to the net for 11+ years now and I have come to the realization that gun forums are the worst for pathetic egotistical keyboard cowboys.

I'm actually starting to glean some enjoyment from feeding the trolls. Every time I post I know MT is going to troll me, he's just that pathetic, so rather then get worked up over it, I just laugh and feel pity for him.

Then the rest join in and it's just delicious. I think I'll get them tee shirts.

But back to the subject at hand, can anyone answer this:

If this is about S-12s, and if they classify them as DDs, and if they grandfather all current owners, as they have in the past.

Does that mean we can do anything to our guns once we have the paperwork. For instance, could we cut down the barrels??

My skin is plenty thick.

I've been post to the net for 11+ years now and I have come to the realization that gun forums are the worst for pathetic egotistical keyboard cowboys.

I'm actually starting to glean some enjoyment from feeding the trolls. Every time I post I know MT is going to troll me, he's just that pathetic, so rather then get worked up over it, I just laugh and feel pity for him.

Then the rest join in and it's just delicious. I think I'll get them tee shirts.

Please :rolleyes: . I've never trolled any of your posts or threads, so you can take your "pathetic egotistical keyboard cowboys" bullshit elsewhere. You made a dick-headed remark that didn't include a " :lolol: " or something to indicate that you were joking, and I replied to it thinking you were serious.

Calm the fuck down, chief. ;)

• Like 3