Saiga Questions

Hi guys, I just bought a 22' .308 it won't be here untill saturday so i have a few questions i hope yall can help me with. here they are......

#1 what size groupins can i expect to get at 200 yards?

#2 same as above but at 300 yards?

#3 how much more recoil dose it have than the 7.62?

#4 How much will a recoil buffer decrease felt recoil?

#5 will a flash suppressor/brake help with recoil?

#6 what scope do you suggest i get for it? (i have a POSP 8x42 will that work?)

#7 is 10 the largest mag they have out for it as of now?

#8 how soon do you expect hi cap mag will be available?

Thanks guy's. I got a good collection of saiga's going. I own a 12ga and the 7.62.

I want to keep them all stock but i modifyed my 12ga stock and made it pistol grip

other than that they are stock with no mod's to them. I think why modify them to AK format when you could just go buy an AK. That's just my opinion.(i have seen some nice mod's done) I think there is something about the way they look stock that makes them look mean. I think im done collecting them once my .308 arrives seeing how i have 1 of each the 12ga for the shotty and the 7.62 for the ak's and soon to have the .308 for the sniper ;) but well see what happens.

thanks for the info guy's Happy Shooting!

John

The range I've used the 308 on is limited to 100 yards. With the iron sights I get 3 to 3 and a half inch groups on a good day. Bolt action 308's I have do quite a bit better. The felt recoil from the Saiga 308 is a pussy cat compared to the bolt actions. Hope to get an optical sight on the Saiga pretty soon and see if I will be able to shrink the group size.

My experience is limited but I think you can do substantially better than aka108 commented on with iron sights. No offense intended aka, I think it is an irons vs optics issue not your marksmanship. The time I shot mine with a scope (had to a send nice Bushnell back to Cabela's for serious problems) it seemed to group quite well, seemingly well under 2MOA. Don

YEah, I've got a 22" .308 with wood stock. The ones with the wood stocks also came with a built it rubber butt pad. That butt pad helps a lot for recoil. When I fire that baby, it feels like the .22 of .308s. I don't know about groups, 'cuz I'm all about plinkin' cans and bottles, but I get real good target aquisition with my .308 with that butt pad, less than a second and I'm back on target. I have lots of fun with my .308. I look forward to huntin' with it since my hunting gun last year was an old bolt action. You will deffinitely enjoy that rifle man.