Getting my first Saiga

Another .223 noob! Welcome to the club, feel free to ask questions and share experience!

I think you're going to find that this chambering of the Saiga is great! Enjoy your new addiction!

Havent had the time to take pictures yet, but a positive surprise when I picked it up was that the barrel was significantly fatter than the model I handled before ordering. The test target says 91mm but I am looking forward to seeing what it can do with a scope and handloads.

I think my Mini-14 is going to spend a lot less time on the range now :)

Havent had the time to take pictures yet, but a positive surprise when I picked it up was that the barrel was significantly fatter than the model I handled before ordering. The test target says 91mm but I am looking forward to seeing what it can do with a scope and handloads.

I think my Mini-14 is going to spend a lot less time on the range now :)

You might be out of luck with the hand loads. At least if you plan on reloading them. You will find that is a chore in itself to catch them, let alone try to resize them when the casing is bent in half. You will see what I mean the first time you fire it. :rolleyes:

You could just buy new brass each time though. I would be interested to see what you could pull out of these rifles in regards to accuracy.