Hunting with the S308?

I got mine SPECIFICALLY for wild hog hunting. I used a saiga 7.62 last year and it worked great, had a good clean shot and the bastard still ran for a few seconds. I think the .308 will take it down a lot better.

Is there mag restrictions on capacity in TX? Might have to come down and do a promo hunt :)

I asked about 10 or 15 rounders in your 1st set of post.. I didn't see anything come back..

I shoot ALOT in NJ which has a max of 15 rounds..

So whats up???? :cryss:

We try to keep things rather close to the chest! let's just say we are actively seeking a solution for all our Customers!

• Like 2

No mag restrictions in Texas for Hogs. No season or bag limit either. They're a huge problem down here. I even heard a guy from Fish and Wildlife tell us to use AK's with 30 round mags, incase you get in the middle of a herd of them. They are big, mean, ugly, tough, and delicious. Let me know if you want to come down! My buddy has a spot we can go to in east Texas. Hogs + Saiga = great weekend!

I hear there are some pigs in Nevada...

I killed some pigs down in Fla. a few weeks back with my S-308. That mother has taken down everything I've shot with it,pigs,deer

and a wild ass dog up in the Blueridge mountains. I have a rail on top i got from Carolina Shooters and mounted a Vortex red dot on it.

The red dot has a 2X adapter with it and that's what I have on it most of the time. Money well spent.

I killed some pigs down in Fla. a few weeks back with my S-308. That mother has taken down everything I've shot with it,pigs,deer

and a wild ass dog up in the Blueridge mountains. I have a rail on top i got from Carolina Shooters and mounted a Vortex red dot on it.

The red dot has a 2X adapter with it and that's what I have on it most of the time. Money well spent.

Need some pics of the gun and the kills :)

mind telling me what part of Florida? I live in Miami and id love to go hunt some wild boar

oh man would save me so much money on food if i could just hunt it all my self too bad you cant hunt cows haha

• 1 month later...

theres no rections on hog hunting in texas,,,can hunt day or night ,,with any mag size,this hog was shoot with marlin lever 44mag

I'm pretty sure its 5 rounds for TX.. Could be more for hogs.

(PS if your thinking about making a 5 round mag, you probably won't pay off your molds inside of 10 years)

post-31783-0-04253300-1299886800_thumb.jpg

Edited by n5drt

They work well, take a side arm though. I use Remington Core-Lokt 150Gr SP in the Saiga or 180Gr in the Marlin XL7 if semi is illegal but any SP will do.

I saw a friend of mine run across one climbing down out of a deer stand, hit it right though the eye with a 270 boltie he had just dropped a buck with and it just made the damned thing mad, he had to empty a 38 into the thing to get it down..yeah it was real close by then. Even if you are deer hunting keep an eye out for these things, one more way to get in trouble far away from help. Right at or just behind the shoulder is a good kill zone refer to the anatomy section of the site below.

http://boarmasters.com/Boar_Hunting.html

One proviso you may not get away with putting three or five rounds in a 10 round mag so get the size mag thats legal. Once more for emphasis ... Carry a spare mag and a side arm(40sw or larger imho) you just never know.

Enjoy the pulled pork sandwiches :)