help with washington state gun laws

I bought a saiga 12 and some 12 and 20 round drums changed trigger group...I was told i cant have a pistol grip and folding or colaspsable stock on my saiga 12. Can anyone help me with the shotgun laws of washington or is this a federal law, maybe its an AWB issue... I have looked around but havent found much info about washington state shotgun laws besides the basics.. thanks

To use the hi-cap mags you need to be 922r Compliant. This means adding the correct number of USA Made Parts. As for Washington State specific laws, as long as you have a barrel length of 18" and an OAL of 26". No Short-Barreled Shotguns allowed in WA State.

See bullets 18 and 19: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.010

• Like 2

I bought a saiga 12 and some 12 and 20 round drums changed trigger group...I was told i cant have a pistol grip and folding or colaspsable stock on my saiga 12. Can anyone help me with the shotgun laws of washington or is this a federal law, maybe its an AWB issue... I have looked around but havent found much info about washington state shotgun laws besides the basics.. thanks

And to answer some of your specific concerns, as long as you are 922r compliant you CAN have a folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, muzzle brake, flash suppressor, coffee maker, and ipod dock. Assuming you are new to 922r, you need to get all into that because that is what the legality of your weapon is going to hinge on.

• Like 1

hi saiga zombie,

i'm also in similar position. reading of possible restriction of Saiga importation, I finally

got off my lazy buh-hine and drove over to Ben's in Renton to grab my own Saiga 12. So

I've been plowing through the Saiga 12 forum for ideas the past 24 hrs.

Yes, as suggested, best to be clear of 922r to ensure compliance. Once you are

aware of the ramifications, we are otherwise allowed to retrofit Title 1 long arms

with folders, pistol rear/front vertical grips w/o nightmares.

Looking forward to seeing your tips and ideas....as I continue to harvest ideas from

the collective. :)

Edited by waltermitty

Who ever told you that you can't have any of that is wrong. Washington State does not regulate; Pistol Grips, Vertical Grips, Collapsing/Folding Stocks, Lights, Lasers, Drums, Belts, Slings, Colors or any kind of wierd combination you can think of. If you can find it, you can put it on your gun. The only thing that is illegal here is Short Barrel Rifles and Shotguns SBR/SBS.

That being said, you still have to follow 922r Compliance.

Edited by PVT Pablo

Ditto on what Pvt Pablo said. Go to the Cabela's in Lacy, they sell pistol gripped shotguns. It is all about the overall and barrel length of the gun. No SBSs or SBRs. You can own a suppressor but you can't put it on your gun. You also cannot have a full-automatic weapon.

• 3 months later...

I just finished mine that I got from Discount Guns Kirkland 3 years ago. Way below requirements. A real pain moding the frame to move trigger assy. I used Tromox stuff. There is other parts out there that are drop in. I had to make a custom part to tie in the colapsable stock, no big deal. I don't know how the new gas plug will react but it's cool looking. The Poly-Choke is a real pain to clean. Wifes bugging me to go to dinner, sorry for any mispelling.