I strayed from the one true path of Kalashnikov!

glad to hear it! Pics (when you get the proper break from CNC Warrior) Please. :super:

I already ordered it this afternoon! Sal, you got to try a VZ58! They are amazing!!!!!!!

Ive tried them and they are nice, but I dont like the following features:

1. The safety

2. the form factor

3. the BHO feature

4. the non comparability with the Kalashnikov magazines or the lack of accessories.

What I like about them is the following:

1. light weight

2. stock change system

3. muzzle device

The safety is actually much easier than an AK. It only took several minutes to be more proficient with it than an AK (use the trigger finger to disengage and thumb to engage).

Bolt hold open is a plus in my book.

VZs don't use AK mags, but my Armalite AR180 doesn't use AR15 mags (without mods) either.

As for "lack of accessories" that is a common mis-conception. There is every kind of hand guard, rail, for grip, stock, stock adapter, extended bolt catches, ambi mag releases, muzzle devices, suppressors, replacement parts, etc you can imagine. For the most part if it exists for an AK, it exists in a modified VZ58 version. Neit Arms, Czechpoint, and several others have LOTS of stuff to warm the cockles of your tacticool hearts! Prices run the same as AK accessories. Check it out, you will be amazed. I was. Milsurp mags run $13 each and even Midway USA has them. There is a wide range of compliance parts available, also. I have been researching VZ58s for almost 2 years.

The safety irritates my man sized hands.The lack of a proper way to co-witness with the irons is a huge factor in my proclamation that the accessory situation is inferior. I do like the mag release and muzzle device, those are tits in my opinion.... At any rate I am glad you enjoy it, and if I ever have extra $$$ this next year I may pick one up again. :super:

I believe that Neit Arms' railed piston cover does let you co-witness with Aimpoint Micro and clones. It's like the Ultimak for vz58s.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

+1 on the pics Rangemaster!

I believe that Neit Arms' railed piston cover does let you co-witness with Aimpoint Micro and clones. It's like the Ultimak for vz58s.

Neat! I will look into testing one if I can get my hands on it, thanks for the tip.

I just took off the folder that came on it and mounted the fixed stock assembly I got today from Czechpoint. The fixed stock itself was almost like new (if not new!) and the metal parts and screws were new-unissued. Fit like a charm. The cheek weld id very different from the folding stock, but definitely better.

I took the VZ with the fixed stock and grabbed the Plum Saiga out of the safe to do some comparisons. The VZ58 seems to be way lighter and handier than the AK, even with the fixed stock. At least to me, it presents more naturally and quicker than the AK. Bringing it up for a snapshot is really easy. The fixed stock is no larger than it needs to be to do the job (like my AR180 stock). It has a short length of pull like the AK, which I like for a compact stance.

Now if I can get to a range to wring it out and burn about 500 rounds! As much as I like folding stock, I will probably leave the fixed stock on it for now.

Well, I put the fixed stock on, but it did not throw up quite as natural, and my cheek weld left me a little high for the rear sight. I really had to schrootch down to get a sight picture. (Dang big Irish cheek bones!)

I decided to put the folder back on. Besides being a cool factor of 10, and MUCH handier than the fixed stock, it throws up a perfect alignment on the sights for me every time. That left me with the "sharp corner on the cheek" problem of the folding stock. Some use para cord, and some use foam. I use neoprene gas line!. I have used 3/8" gas line before on Romanian folders before, so I got some 1/2" line for this. I split it longwise, and secured it around the stock with small black zip-ties. PERFECTION! I think it will even be easier on the cheek than the fixed stock.

Here's some pics of the folder with fuel line on it. Also a VZ58 brake from CNC Warrior

VZ58b.jpg

VZ58a.jpg

VZfold.jpg

VZbrake.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I put the fixed stock on, but it did not throw up quite as natural, and my cheek weld left me a little high for the rear sight. I really had to schrootch down to get a sight picture. (Dang big Irish cheek bones!)

I decided to put the folder back on. Besides being a cool factor of 10, and MUCH handier than the fixed stock, it throws up a perfect alignment on the sights for me every time. That left me with the "sharp corner on the cheek" problem of the folding stock. Some use para cord, and some use foam. I use neoprene gas line!. I have used 3/8" gas line before on Romanian folders before, so I got some 1/2" line for this. I split it longwise, and secured it around the stock with small black zip-ties. PERFECTION! I think it will even be easier on the cheek than the fixed stock.

Here's some pics of the folder with fuel line on it. Also a VZ58 brake from CNC Warrior

VZ58b.jpg

VZ58a.jpg

VZfold.jpg

VZbrake.jpg

Looking great! Out of curiosity, would some type of adhesive hold down that neoprene better than zip ties?

• Like 1

VZ58b.jpg

VZ58a.jpg

VZfold.jpg

VZbrake.jpg

Looking great! Out of curiosity, would some type of adhesive hold down that neoprene better than zip ties?

I am switching it to a single wrap of black duct tape on each end.

• Like 1

Good posts on the VZ-58. I may be inspired to order one of the Center Fire Systems or J&G sales models after I review the damages from filing taxes this year. Very good price however. I own the VZ-58 from C-Point but haven't test fired it yet. Also have an armor's box with spare parts and extra mags, stocks and extra folding stocks. It is allways good to have a spare one or two of these rifles at these prices, and I really appreciate the threaded varrel. I do the same with AK rifles - some I purchase for placing at secure go to locations near and far, with "accessories" and other storage, and as spare parts rifles. The VZ-58 is an awsome rifle/carbine.

• Like 1