New 7.62x39 Brake.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comparison done!     While the test is strictly informal (you could drive a truck through the holes in my procedure at some points), the brake seemed to come out very well. It looks like it wi

did you mean "nice mouse pad, juggs!" or "nice "mouse pad juggs"!" ?

Looks like an AMD65 brake with an extra port on each side.

Posted Images

The picture at the top of the thread looks like the muzzle side of the block is too narrow to be a 74 block. Juggernaut said "std AK thread", so I'm guessing that means 14mmL. That means removing the shroud and threading the barrel should suffice.

It'd be prudent to wait for confirmation, but imprudence is my usual MO.

Edited by DrThunder88

Pay Pal me at juggernautgsp@charter.net

45.00 even for flat rate USPS. We try and ship Tuesdays and Fridays for our shirts.. I'll add these to the mix.

If it makes you fill in an item.. just put "Artwork for Saiga " or something.

Throw in a couple extra bucks for delivery conformation if ya want it...

PLEASE sound off here so people know how many are left!!!

Got mine today! When Juggs said "unfinished", I assumed that meant "rough milled". These have a very nice satin finish on them. It'd be a shame to cover it with paint!

I'll give it a go tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I've got a few more brakes and flash hiders to test too.

Got mine today! When Juggs said "unfinished", I assumed that meant "rough milled". These have a very nice satin finish on them. It'd be a shame to cover it with paint!

I'll give it a go tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I've got a few more brakes and flash hiders to test too.

MAKE A COMPARISON VIDEO!!

I got to try mine a few times. Seems to take some of the edge off the recoil and keep muzzle rise down a bit, but I'll have to wait for the video comparison to be sure. Unfortunately I've mislaid my FireWire cable, so half of the footage it is stuck on one of my cameras.

I got to try mine a few times. Seems to take some of the edge off the recoil and keep muzzle rise down a bit, but I'll have to wait for the video comparison to be sure. Unfortunately I've mislaid my FireWire cable, so half of the footage it is stuck on one of my cameras.

Over all.. are you happy with the product?

Comparison done!

While the test is strictly informal (you could drive a truck through the holes in my procedure at some points), the brake seemed to come out very well. It looks like it will be a good choice for those looking for a 14x1mmL brake that reduces recoil and requires little maintenance. Thanks, Juggs!

• Like 7

When I remove my barrel shroud, if my barrel is not threaded, I know it is relatively easy to thread. Without changing the FSB, what holds the new break onto the barrel once screwed on?

I am strongly considering buying one of these, I just want to know what I will be getting into. . .

Thanks! I hear that brake is pretty darn good, but it's a little outside of my budget.

When I remove my barrel shroud, if my barrel is not threaded, I know it is relatively easy to thread. Without changing the FSB, what holds the new break onto the barrel once screwed on?

A normal AK47 FSB has that spring-loaded pin that indexes the muzzle device and prevents it from loosening. For a Saiga, my suggestion would be to get a crush washer. If it still needs indexing, I'd look for a peel washer suitable for the thread size.

• Like 1