Quick question....is Ulyanovsk FMJ ammo corrosive....I usually use Bro

Uly is non corrosive.. but I have a suspicion that it might have some very mild corrosive properties. I've been using it exclusively in my x39 for about the past 1,800 rounds or so and I've noticed a small amount of rust in my gas tube since I began using it. I wasn't in the habit of cleaning after every range trip, and usually neglect the gas system when cleaning the rest of the rifle, so I've given it plenty of time to build up.

It appears just about an inch or so from the gas block end and is only mild surface rust, and no pitting. Not enough to stress me out. I've noticed it twice, and I just brush it out and give the inside of the gas tube a coating of Lucas, rust dissolving oil. At some point I will degrease the tube and re-paint the inside with some high temp engine enamel of some sort.

I would say if you can find Brown Bear for the same price, then go with that... especially if you can find it lacquered. The Bear consistently groups better from my rifle than any other bulk steel cased round I've used. Your results may vary though.

I know I'm crazy, but I clean my guns everytime I shoot them. Hell, I'll clean them if I had a DREAM about shooting them. I find it to be relaxing. Plus, nothing wrong with having a clean gun.

I like to clean my guns to make my house smell like im cleaning my guns. :haha:

I know I'm crazy, but I clean my guns everytime I shoot them. Hell, I'll clean them if I had a DREAM about shooting them. I find it to be relaxing. Plus, nothing wrong with having a clean gun.

I like to clean my guns to make my house smell like im cleaning my guns. :haha:

Nothing like the smell of CLP and grease :lolol: