Sneak peek at GoGun's new Gas Pedal for Rifles

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be $200 and will be delivered about two years after you pay.

Ok, some people cant afford it. next topic.

Dont -1 me for voicing my opinion on a ridiculously over priced product. Maybe if the price was more reasonable, your post wouldn't get clogged with VALID OPINIONS!

Posted Images

First Production run of 100 sold out in one day!

These will be made in polymer, if the sales keep strong.

I like the Idea, and when they can be made of polymer (I HATE aluminum for any kind of grip) at polymer prices I may buy one. That said, there are all kinds of shooters here, and someone with $$$ who thinks this may help win a match would think the price reasonable. However count me in the cheapskate group!

i have the $$$, but not the desire.

I know there are valid concerns about the price, but these thumb grips aren't the useless pieces of gun bling I think some of you are making them out to be. Some need to research the "thumb break method" to understand where this grip comes from in the first place. Many products currently on the market are designed around this style grip, as has been pointed out by those already familiar with this method.

So, why is this better than wrapping your thumb over the top of the weapon? Two big reasons:

1. On many platforms, your thumb will end up in your line of sight. That's a deal breaker right there for those guns, but it is certainly not an issue for the most common AR sighting systems. However, put an RMR on your shotgun with a low mount for a good cheek weld, and you will be looking at hairy knuckle instead of your target. :)

2. Cross-platform muscle memory. This is the biggie right here. What thumb rests like this allow you to do is to have nearly the exact same hand position on your long gun as you do on your handgun. Use of either a shorty VFG or AFG further assists in this.

To demonstrate this, make a "grip" in the air as if you're holding an imaginary pistol. Next, without moving your "weak" hand, pull your "strong" hand back into a long gun position. That demonstrates how cross-platform muscle memory CAN be developed using the thumb break method and a thumb rest/VFG combo.

There are instructors who happily teach one way to stand and grip for shooting a handgun versus shooting a long gun versus fighting with a knife versus hand-to-hand. I never understood this way and do not put much faith into anything that requires you to run, then adopt a perfect isosceles triangle to shoot, then run, etc.

There are OTHER instructors that teach ONE SYSTEM. Your stance for knife fighting is the same for pistol fighting is the same for shotgunning is the same for getting ready to run. Your THUMB position for knife fighting, pistol fighting, shotgunning, sniping can also be the same- thumb(s) on the weapon, pointed at the target.

Pick up a knife- thumb on the weapon, pointed at the target. Pick up a pistol, thumbs on the weapon, pointed at the target. Pick up a sniper rifle, thumbs on the weapon, pointed at the target.

Well, these thumb rests now allow you to maintain the same wrist angle while pointing your thumb at the target. You go from different weapons/different grips to different weapons/one grip.

Will this make a life-or-death difference? Who knows. Will it simplify training? I think so, and so do a lot of shooters who have WAY more experience than I do.

Is the Gas Pedal worth $70 each? We will all see soon enough. :)

• Like 2

May I suggest that whoever the CNC operator is, he / she has no idea how to run a production CNC machine. If your setup can only do 2 per hour, then something is drastically wrong. In your Haas, that part should be a 3 operation part. You should be able to put at least 20 parts in the machine at the same time for each operation. If I were guessing, I'd say that after about a day of CAM work, and a day of making fixtures for each operation, you should have your part time down to somewhere around 5-6 minutes per part. You need to fire your CNC guy.

-Jim

Edited by kingjamez
  • Like 4

May I suggest that whoever the CNC operator is, he / she has no idea how to run a production CNC machine. If your setup can only do 2 per hour, then something is drastically wrong. In your Hass, that part should be a 3 operation part. You should be able to put at least 20 parts in the machine at the same time for each operation. If I were guessing, I'd say that after about a day of CAM work, and a day of making fixtures for each operation, you should have your part time down to somewhere around 5-6 minutes per part. You need to fire your CNC guy.

-Jim

I have been a machinist for many years, and while it may take longer than 5 or 6 minutes, it certainly shouldn't take more than 10. It may take a week to set up, but after that initial setup..........

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, first person to post a reply... I WANT ONE FOR FREE!

will get one for free from me. Ive got a bunch items to ship out on Monday - Gas Pedal 1911 grips - so I will add it to my list.

Aloha Esteban

I want one for free

and we have a winner!

please pm me with your shipping info, and thanks for playing!!!

PM sent. Thanks

PM sent. Thanks

got it!!!

I haven't received it yet or heard anything back from you yet, just making sure you have not forgotten about me. Thanks in advance for any reply or info. :)

• Like 1

will get one for free from me. Ive got a bunch items to ship out on Monday - Gas Pedal 1911 grips - so I will add it to my list.

Aloha Esteban

I want one for free

and we have a winner!

PM sent. Thanks

PM sent. Thanks

got it!!!

I haven't received it yet or heard anything back from you yet, just making sure you have not forgotten about me. Thanks in advance for any reply or info. :)

No kidding... :o

They forgot this too......... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=57073&st=0&p=538933&fromsearch=1entry538933

Edited by Yeoldetool

Aloha Esteban

I want one for free

and we have a winner!

PM sent. Thanks

PM sent. Thanks

got it!!!

This guy is still waiting for an E-mail too...

skeleton.jpg

• Like 2

We do pay for our ad placement here, and I know that this is the public zone. There is a difference between contribution for the good of the forum (for people to learn and debate over ideas), and hijacking a thread.

No offense, but if you don't want people "hijacking" your thread with honest criticism about your ridiculous price, maybe you should have just kept it posted it in your business forum safe zone where it's actually frowned upon to be negative towards a business member. The consensus seems to be that you're charging way too much for your product. Take the comments for what they're worth or ignore them and deal with it. You'll probably have better luck with the AR guys who will put that kind of money into a new tacticool product to hang off of their rifles anyway.

:2c:

+1

Is $70 whatever dollars for only one thumb grip thing or is that for both sides (2 of them). You have a good prototype there but obviously your manufacturing process needs to be more streamlined to bring costs down (I'm assuming that's the reason) $70 for that is a very niche market and consumers will probably dry up fast, looks like your heading in the right direction with plastic moldings though.

ETA: I'm a little put off by the "I paid the owner here some money so I can avoid all criticism" stance you took for a second there.

American made injection molds are expensive. Projected sales may not warrant that kind of investment. Maybe the mfg doesn't have that kind of disposable capital to make the mold.

Two an hour is slow, but maybe they don't have multiple vices in their Haas and have to make one-at-a-time.

Seems like a usable product. I haven't tried one, but maybe it is a nice addition.

As far as it being useless, I have seen 10 tons of ridiculously useless crap bought and put on guns for far more money. I have seen retarded sh*t sold on here plenty of times.

Some of the guns customers bring into our shop are loaded down w/ useless shit. Some of the stuff makes my head spin.

I won't diss this product until I try it. Price seems high, but it is what it is.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes
  • Like 1

Hi all,

In consideration of start up expenses and all the things that inevitably go wrong, this is a reasonable price.

* Particularly when risking capital on a product that has no sales history - it can be hard to know how much of an item one will actually sell over a given time frame.

* There are countless garages and basements filled with products that did not sell and the owner has to eat the cost.

* Over time, with efficiencies and sales performance data he can probably drop the price and actually make more money by selling more units.

* Just like computer prices - if you do not like the price do not buy it - wait until it fits your budget - maybe it would have to be a used item to fit your budget.

Remember, there are a lot of people out there who have focused on how to make money and thus they have money and can afford to drop $150 on a piece like this.

Some folks earn what it takes to drive a Mercedes and some only learn to earn enough to drive a Yugo.

What I see here is a guy who is trying to make a buck with A GREAT PRODUCT FOR SOME PEOPLE and a bunch of Yugo drivers want to show how clever they are. If Yugo drivers were clever, they would not drive Yugos.

Lets now watch a Yugo driver tell me how I should shut up because this was my first post on this forum :-)

Best wishes for your new product,

I'm considering this as I work to improve my grip & shooting technique.

• Like 1

Hi all,

In consideration of start up expenses and all the things that inevitably go wrong, this is a reasonable price.

* Particularly when risking capital on a product that has no sales history - it can be hard to know how much of an item one will actually sell over a given time frame.

* There are countless garages and basements filled with products that did not sell and the owner has to eat the cost.

* Over time, with efficiencies and sales performance data he can probably drop the price and actually make more money by selling more units.

* Just like computer prices - if you do not like the price do not buy it - wait until it fits your budget - maybe it would have to be a used item to fit your budget.

Remember, there are a lot of people out there who have focused on how to make money and thus they have money and can afford to drop $150 on a piece like this.

Some folks earn what it takes to drive a Mercedes and some only learn to earn enough to drive a Yugo.

What I see here is a guy who is trying to make a buck with A GREAT PRODUCT FOR SOME PEOPLE and a bunch of Yugo drivers want to show how clever they are. If Yugo drivers were clever, they would not drive Yugos.

Lets now watch a Yugo driver tell me how I should shut up because this was my first post on this forum :-)

I drive a Lamborarri Benz. Do you know what that is? It's a Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mercedes hybrid. Only 2 were ever made, and I own all 5 (yeah, wrap your head around that math).

So.............can I still tell you to shut up? :lolol:

• Like 2

Hi all,

I drive a Lamborarri Benz. Do you know what that is? It's a Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mercedes hybrid. Only 2 were ever made, and I own all 5 (yeah, wrap your head around that math).

So.............can I still tell you to shut up? :lolol:

When do they ship?

I actually do drive a Benz , also I was supposed to have won one of these but have not recieved it or heard anything. I was looking foreward to try it out and give my opinion. Hopefully I will hear something soon, because they are buisness members here.

I actually do drive a Benz , also I was supposed to have won one of these but have not recieved it or heard anything. I was looking foreward to try it out and give my opinion. Hopefully I will hear something soon, because they are buisness members here.

Its ok man...they are only a month behind schedule and havent even contacted you...you'll get it in 12-48 months...

• Like 1

Sounds a little pricey but looks very nice. See lots of folks using the Larue http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/HandStopandIndexClipCombo/HandPosition.jpg

,Gear sector,and knights handstops and even modified rail covers like this. My $25 magpul RSA mounted on the top rail of my AR works well as a thumbshelf w/ my daniels defense rail's offset rails and vfg.

Edited by humanguerrilla
  • Like 1