I have one on my Remington 870 and I love it. Lots of high brass rounds through it and its almost a pleasure to shoot. Its also my fav gun my GF likes to shoot she says the FAL and S12 has more recoil than my

knoxx stocked 870.

That being said you are putting it on a mossberg. I dont know about mav 88 has the same controls as a 590 590a1. I put one on my mossberg 590a1 but took it off cause the safety was awkward to reach and so

was the slide release. The factory stock is back on and it now kicks like a mule compared to the 870 and S12.

I have a Knoxx folder on my Remmington 870 police and love it. I haven't directly compared the recoil of the two sorry. The Remington is my go to for home protection. If I have to pin someone ears back with it and when it is taken from me, it wouldn't be that hard to replace.

post-13534-0-03185200-1295901233_thumb.jpeg

Yakdung

• 4 months later...

The safety on a mav88 is positioned like an 870. The safety and pump release can be a pain to get at in a stressful situation, so I keep the safety off and chamber clear when its on HD duty. Recoil is a dream, not that much more than my Saiga .223. I got the specops stock. I'd have preferred the Monte Carlo version but it wasn't available when I ordered mine- back before Blackhawk bought Knoxx.

Are you referring to the Spec Ops recoil reducing stock? I have one on my Mossy 835 Turkey gun and it is effective with 3" and 3 1/2". As mentioned about top mounted safeties on other Mossbergs, I don't think it's too awkward and the slide release isn't obscured.

• 1 month later...

I had a knoxx recoil reducing stock on my 870 for a short time. Personally i hated it. the recoil reduction the shoulder was good, the smack to the face was not, the non firm grip of the receiver due to the recoil reduction leads to partial operation of the slide, leaving it partly open and somewhat = awkward. Sold it ASAP.

many love them. i did not.

• 5 weeks later...

I had a knoxx recoil reducing stock on my 870 for a short time. Personally i hated it. the recoil reduction the shoulder was good, the smack to the face was not, the non firm grip of the receiver due to the recoil reduction leads to partial operation of the slide, leaving it partly open and somewhat = awkward. Sold it ASAP.

I had the same problem with my Winchester Defender. It some getting used to. My shoulder felt great though.

I had the same problem with my Winchester Defender. It some getting used to. My shoulder felt great though.

What these guy point out is true. I would not recommend it, I get a face full of stock :beaten: every time I shoot high brass with it on .The recoil reduction is great but a slip-on limbsaver practically does the same thing for you. Maybe Blackhawk's power pack will help with the cheek slap but I don't have one to tell if it makes a difference.

• 1 month later...

or you could get the mesa leo stock and put the endine buffer in it. instead of sliding up and into your face, it comes straight back into the shoulder. im getting one for my 500 to replace my knox rr stock. i like the knoxx, but i dont like the facial aspect of it either. but since i started getting used to it, its not that bad for me. im still replacing it though. and i put a forward grip on it and it helped with the action wanting to work on its own. its now easier to keep a firm grip on it.

• 2 weeks later...

post-24101-0-30708300-1318557968_thumb.jpg

I dunno leadslinger, I think you may have something there. Found a Maverick 88 for $150 and thought it would be worth while. The old lady is interested in the pump shot platform for home defence so this will be an inexpensive way to introduce her to it. She's only fired a pump shotty once in her life so hopefully the knoxx stock will aid in her becoming familiar with this weapon.

• 4 months later...

Tonight I shot my Moss 500 with the Knoxx/Blackhawk stock. Fantastic. The rounds I shot were 2 3/4" reloads with 16 pellets of 1Buck at 1310fps. These usually leave a hurting shoulder. Tonight I felt like I was shooting 1oz target loads. Worth every penny and I now think I would have bought the stock sooner if i had only known how effective they are.

Leave off the foregrip that comes with it though since the plastic is too wide and slick. I have a more secure hold on the original fore grip.

• 1 month later...

What these guy point out is true. I would not recommend it, I get a face full of stock :beaten: every time I shoot high brass with it on .The recoil reduction is great but a slip-on limbsaver practically does the same thing for you. Maybe Blackhawk's power pack will help with the cheek slap but I don't have one to tell if it makes a difference.

The Powerpak helps a lot with the cheek slap.