Where to buy a Saiga 5.45 now

Yes, 5.45s are here and are being shipped to distributors!!! I have mine on order with Gilbert's Gun Shop (one of Saiga's distributors), 2282 Louisville Rd., Frankfort KY 40601, 502-227-7889. My 5.45 along with others will be at the shop next Friday, Feb 25. Jay Gilbert is taking orders for Saiga 5.45's now. He has Saiga 223's and 7.62X39's in stock and for sale now. Best wishes and good shooting to all. Ljutic Man.

Got a link? I checked the Gilbert's site but couldn't find where to order one. Also, what's the price? (Hey feel free to post the price you paid as well as what they're selling it for! Can I get the discount if I tell them I know you from this forum?) :blues:

• Like 1

Direct links to non-forum business members are not allowed and RR would have his bottom paddled for doing so. Just google the business name in "quotes". It'll get you there just as quickly as a posted link would.

Drat. For a minute there I thought I was on arfcom.

Actually, I'd tried looking for it on the Gilbert's site but couldn't find it anywhere.

No biggie, I'll wait for one of the forum sponsors to have 'em in stock. Atlantic was supposed to have some in 3 weeks, and I think they still give member discounts or something.

Edited by RickyRifle

Quick tip I was about to buy an IZ-240 but ultimately decided on two Iterarms IAC AK-74s instead. When I spoke to Atlantic on Monday last week I was told they would have a new shipment of the IZ-240 in stock in exactly two weeks last Monday. Just scroll down to the Middle of the page here: http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct796.aspx

Type in your email under "Product Notification Emails" and they will contact you with a direct link to checkout the IZ-240 once they arrive in. 1st come 1st served. That's how I purchased the last few IZ-240s from Atlantic and their system works great.

So next Monday be ready to pounce.

Edited by mastershakelock

I just received an update email from Atlantic this evening regarding the IZ-240.. grab them while you can. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct796.aspx

We just got in a small shipment of the AK 74 IZ 240 and orders can be placed via our web site using the shopping cart system. Orders will be reserved on a first come first serve basis so you may want to place your order as soon as possible. If you see the ADD TO CART button on the lower left side of the web site please go forward , when you reach the Did you check Inventory page please click YES. Most orders will take approx 3 -5 business days to process & ship out & you will be emailed shipment tracking info once assigned.

Thank You

Atlantic Firearms

www.atlanticfirearms.com

Edited by mastershakelock

I ordered a 5.45 saiga from centerfire for $350 on jan 12th and received the tracking info to my ffl last night.

At $400, is the Saiga 5.45 still a good buy compared to say an Arsenal SGL-31? It seems you can pick up a plain jane SGL-31 for a little under $800, even straight from the K-Var website.

It depends what accessories you plan to go with. To make a saiga look just like an arsenal buying parts separately is more expensive and more work so it's better to get the arsenal in the first place. If you don't mind the stock saiga handguard/gas block/sights and you can convert it yourself then the saiga is cheaper. For me I got the saiga and the cheapest possible parts to convert to pistol grip (tapco ak style butt-stock and pistol grip). I went with the same basic parts on my saiga 12. Since I haven't had the pleasure of comparing them to anything else I don't mind them at all. I prefer the way it looks over an ar-15 wannabe as well. I would rather have a folding stock but when I compare the costs of ~$165 to $32 it's not worth it.

I ordered a 5.45 saiga from centerfire for $350 on jan 12th and received the tracking info to my ffl last night.

At $400, is the Saiga 5.45 still a good buy compared to say an Arsenal SGL-31? It seems you can pick up a plain jane SGL-31 for a little under $800, even straight from the K-Var website.

It depends what accessories you plan to go with. To make a saiga look just like an arsenal buying parts separately is more expensive and more work so it's better to get the arsenal in the first place. If you don't mind the stock saiga handguard/gas block/sights and you can convert it yourself then the saiga is cheaper. For me I got the saiga and the cheapest possible parts to convert to pistol grip (tapco ak style butt-stock and pistol grip). I went with the same basic parts on my saiga 12. Since I haven't had the pleasure of comparing them to anything else I don't mind them at all. I prefer the way it looks over an ar-15 wannabe as well. I would rather have a folding stock but when I compare the costs of ~$165 to $32 it's not worth it.

I gotta have a flash hider on mine so for me it wouldn't be unless I thread the barrel myself.

RSR, a wholesaler has them in stock today. If you ask your dealer to order one for you the prices have not changed recently.

I believe that's where my FFL is getting mine, was told it shipped out Friday from the warehouse in TX, and will get to me Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyone know what CSS and Arms of America charge for shipping?

I believe Atlantic gives free shipping to forum members so you have to take that into consideration.

I believe AoA charged me $16 dollars to ship my last rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out gunenvy in ohio. I just got one shipped for $350 total.

+1. I ordered mine recently for $340.92 and I'm picking it up, so no shipping or additional FFL fees. Well, tax, since I'm an OH resident. I did notice that they've bumped them to $360 since, but that's still the cheapest on the net and their shipping is only $10.

-ASC

Ordered a 5.54x39 on 2/21 my card was whacked on 3/14 gun was delivered today 3/30. 3 phone calls with no replies

and 28.24 shipping from Mississippi to Florida via UPS ground, gun did not even come in a the original Saiga box.

Never again from them. Total was 476.36

Detailed Information

Transaction Date: March 11, 2011

Posted Date: March 14, 2011

Transaction Description: MISSISSIPPI AUTO ARMS INC 662-8164800 MS

Charge: $476.36

Category: Merchandise

Merchant Information: MISSISSIPPI AUTO ARMS INC 662-8164800 MS

Edited by lazybum

Ordered a 5.54x39 on 2/21 my card was whacked on 3/14 gun was delivered today 3/30. 3 phone calls with no replies

and 28.24 shipping from Mississippi to Florida via UPS ground, gun did not even come in a the original Saiga box.

Never again from them. Total was 476.36

Detailed Information

Transaction Date: March 11, 2011

Posted Date: March 14, 2011

Transaction Description: MISSISSIPPI AUTO ARMS INC 662-8164800 MS

Charge: $476.36

Category: Merchandise

Merchant Information: MISSISSIPPI AUTO ARMS INC 662-8164800 MS

Must be a bad experience, but Mississippi Auto Arms took care of me... Very responsive service via Google chat.