Slug Accuracy?

I'm looking at getting a Saiga 12 as a "mess around" and home defense gun. For HD, shot will be used, but as part of it's "mess around" role, it might also be occasionally used for deer hunting. I live in Ohio, and most of the shooting I would be doing would be at 50 yards or less. I have used the search feature, and discovered many topics discussing what kinds of slugs people find work well in their S-12's, but I haven't found much information about accuracy. What kind of accuracy would be considered average for a 19" S-12 firing slugs? Or more importantly, would an S-12 with aftermarket optics/sights be effective out to at least 50 yards with slugs? Thanks for any help.

They won't let me use the gun at the rifle range, but they had a 25 yard shotgun range with a rest so we tried that. Certainly 50-100yards is achievable. At 25 yards, individual holes were not discernible, there were just large ragged chunks of paper gone. Grouping was easily sub 1 inch, and it was easy enough to get them through the same hole. This was with the winchester super-x foster slugs.