Removing ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS for S12

I haven't had much luck anywhere trying to find out how to do this. I wanted to replace my stock handguard with a full quad rail that would obviously impede on my full leaf adjustable sight on my S12. So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in removing it. I'm sure that gunsmiths have had to deal with this problem, but I wanted to know if its something that I could do myself, so I know which rail I can purchase. I've had alot of feedback on how people feel on the Chaos assembly, but Id hate to shell out money for a Tri Rail when I could have purchased a Quad Rail instead. Thx for any responses.

IZ -108s have a rib sight mounted above the gas tubes. To remove it you have to drift out the piece closest to the dust cover. Either way right or left but let it soak with some oil to make it easier. Then turn the thumbwheel on the gas block until it comes off then file the stud flush.

• Like 1

To remove it you have to drift out the piece closest to the dust cover. Either way right or left but let it soak with some oil to make it easier. Then turn the thumbwheel on the gas block until it comes off then file the stud flush.

Knocked mine out to the right, you pull/push down on the "wheel" to adjust the thumbwheel.

I wonder where the heck I stashed those parts now...

• 4 months later...

Can you buy these and install them on a saiga 12 that has normal sights?

I've been seriously wanting one of these ever since I got my saiga back in 2004.

I did. Got mine from Cobra a few months ago.

IMG_2862.jpg

• Like 1

Can you buy these and install them on a saiga 12 that has normal sights?

I've been seriously wanting one of these ever since I got my saiga back in 2004.

I did. Got mine from Cobra a few months ago.

IMG_2862.jpg

Not to sidetrack, but that is one gorgeous S12. I tend to lean towards something that looks as if it may have been available from the factory that way. Clean and well done.

That is nice. I decided to forgo the removing of the sight, and I put my stock handguard back on for now. There is a noticeable weight difference for me between a tri rail and the stock handguard. I like the non threaded barrel look, looks very Russian. What handguard is that? It looks like the kind that comes off of a stock Saiga rifle.

Edited by incognito485