Sons of Red Jacket observations....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Door breacher.... ok . having used it extensively , it is one hell of a set up for breaching a door and walking in . Fucker weighs about 12-14 pounds , I can't imagine trying to use it for anything e

I don't know if anybody else caught this, but when Will presents the Masterkey to the SWAT team testing it, he says something to the effect of "You can get to shooting bad guys [sic] faster."   The

SONS OF GUNS is the only reality show I've EVER watched a full episode on...and I've watched all four of these and enjoyed them immensely. I realize the show must be presented within what are probably

Posted Images

i thought the show was pretty good, finally a gun related show on the discovery channel where the where the cast actually knows about guns. the only thing i didn't like was the ridiculous overly dramatic behavior of the daughter.

Be advised, any comment about Steph will be taken as if it were said about my very own daughter...

Great show Will!!! Hope to see a project where you and Tony and your crew at Red Jacket team up on the show... Maybe a "Gatling Gun" Saiga or better yet, a "Minigun" Saiga...2000 rounds per minute!! :killer::super:

Tony is IN THE HOUSE ! and that's all I gott's to say about that . Well , I will add one thing . You will shit yourself when you see what we came up with . And for those of you who havn't had the privilege of meeting Tony , well , you'll get a once in a lifetime chance to see the master at work :super:

Oh HELL yes! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better! Oh man I bet you guys are having a friggin BLAST down there! :super:

I wish this show wasn't on T.V. for two reasons, first and foremost it draws the kind of attention to the gun industry that we really don't need. When every liberal in America can turn on his or her T.V. and see that machine guns, SBR/SBS, and suppressors are available to anyone that meets the requirements it isn't something to celebrate. I would much rather this kind of information stay off of the mainstream public's radar so we don't give them the ammunition for lack of a better word to come after our guns and freedoms. Everytime I go to a gun range with an SBR I have people ask me if my SBR is legal, I then explain to them that it is and how many hoops I jumped through to legally own it and these are people who are pro-gun. The show just glosses over the steps and time period it takes to own an NFA item so your average Joe gets the impression that with an hours worth of paperwork and $2500.00 you too can walk out with a suppressed shotgun.

Secondly enough with the manufactured shop drama that all these shows create it has become a tired formula. I would much rather see them take a gun from start to finish in an episode showing all the steps along the way than this crap between him and his daughter about spending money. I am sure this is how Discovery has edited the show but I won't continue to watch if this is going to be the worn out formula that OCC and the rest have given us for years.

Shit two weeks ago everyone was scared to death that the ATF was coming to get their Saigas now we are jumping up and down about a show that publicizes to the whole world what we do to these shotguns! Your average Congress person has no idea what goes on at gun shows or in the gun industry, when their constituency starts calling about some show they saw on T.V. they will take the time to investigate further and pass laws accordingly.

I'm not going to come right out and disagree with you because what you are saying has a lot of merit and in the end you may be totally right. But on the other hand I see a lot of the prejudice directed at gun owners and enthusiasts as coming from a position of ignorance and total misinformation. Maybe shows like this can help change that by getting what we love out into the mainstream. For one thing, I'll bet that many folks who watch this show will be very surprised to learn that law enforcement is highly dependent upon (gulp) civilians for new and innovative tools of their trade. Will, of Red Jacket, can only do what he does for the law enforcement community because he has honed his skills and made a living doing what he does for everyone, including your average civilian law abiding gun owner who just happens to like cool guns and uses them responsibly.

Did the MOH recipient actually get to keep that working flame thrower? What kind of batfe hoops you got to go through to posses one of those?

Flamethrowers are not firearms. Therefor anyone can leagaly own one.

Farmers use a variation and roofers also have one. Some kinds are used in snow removal...

theres simply too many industrial uses for them.

That and the lack of a real projectile keep them safe from becoming NFA items.

Holy shit. I thought the thread on this show in a tech section at Arfcom was bad. Then someone linked to a 10 page thread in GD there, and it's even worse. People are accusing Will of being associated with the KKK, because of some tats he has on his chest.

A lot of guys got their start by following Tony's lead, but Will is pretty much the only one who gives him credit. TROMIX has always supported Red Jacket and vice versa.

Next time I want to come along, Will. I've got a few pretty wild designs I've been saving for just such an occasion.

Oh , now you're just teasing :) Tony's got all my private e-mail and #'s , about a month from now we'll be talking season 2 and Hell yes , I'll drag you down South .

We're hauling the gang to a Civil War battlefield today , got a Deuce filled with MG's , bucket of boom-boom and me and Tony's little brainchild . We might be ice skating up to the firing line , but I think it'll work out OK :)

Holy shit. I thought the thread on this show in a tech section at Arfcom was bad. Then someone linked to a 10 page thread in GD there, and it's even worse. People are accusing Will of being associated with the KKK, because of some tats he has on his chest.

LOL , now thats FUNNY :) The tat's on my chest and all over my body are Choctaw/Mobilian . That side of my family's been down here a loooong time LOL

• Like 1

Well, I love the show! I catch myself laughing sometimes and grinning. That in itself is unusual these days. I like how the family sticks together, and there is a lot of team work at play here....and everyone has fun! Who WOULDN'T want to have a job they not only LOVE but have tons of fun doing it as well? I hope the show sticks around....and thank you for providing entertainment and a few smiles and laughs! Semper Fi and take care!

I've watched all four episodes; I like that #3 mentioned 922r and #4 mentioned NFA. This show is a real opportunity to educate the mainstream about our country's onerous, confusing, and sometimes seemingly contradictory gun laws.

Good show so far.

I thought it was hilarious when that douche kid came in and was like "I need a short barreled shotgun RIGHT NOW!" I forget how dumb people can be sometimes....mosttimes.

I didn't realize it took 4 months to get one.

I have a behind-the-scenes question. In every gun store I've been to everybody is carrying openly, rightfully so. There are just to many crazies out there, and now that you're on the air, it'll probably attract more. Is that something that the show makers said you couldn't do?

(or do you just keep the ma duce aimed at the door? :lolol: )

I thought it was hilarious when that douche kid came in and was like "I need a short barreled shotgun RIGHT NOW!" I forget how dumb people can be sometimes....mosttimes.

I figured that was a setup for production. "Walk in there and say you want an SBS for this weekend so she can explain the legality and we can chop the majority of that out in post. Ok and ACTION!"

SONS OF GUNS is the only reality show I've EVER watched a full episode on...and I've watched all four of these and enjoyed them immensely. I realize the show must be presented within what are probably strict guidelines. In fact, I suspect the producers and Will are probably walking a fine line between giving too much information to the public, being totally legal, and yet still managing to educate the public somewhat as well (as in the abbreviated lesson to the lady in shooting for self defense). It is really amazing that they can pull it off so well. As to the obligatory gratuitous activities and so forth (I'm reminded of the OCC guys going bird hunting one time, in the single episode I watched a portion of....did they, or do they, really do that in real life? Does Stephanie usually go bow fishing, with a couple of obvious gun-toting swamp rats? I'm picking on Steph purposely, in order to make the point that the gun content of the show is certainly plenty good enough for me not to mind overmuch, having to watch the elegant Stephanie, even if she does have questionable taste in fishing buddies).

And while it does alert the public to the presence of 'guns amongst us', Sons of Guns is also making it clear that exotic (SBS, suppressed, etc.) weapons are strictly controlled by the ATF, and aren't likely (nor should be) found in the hands of gangbangers and other suchlike.

I give them two thumbs up, and on a trip to Louisiana in April, in order to eat at PANCHO'S MEXICAN BUFFET restaurants (in Bossier City, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans) we'll probably stop by and see if I can ask Will a few questions for an article to submit to a magazine I write for (well, I generally write restaurant reviews, which of course, is a dirty job, but someone has to do it, although I do historical and general interest stuff as well).

And finally, I'm seriously gratified that Will is still 'nice enough' to repond to friends, fans, and even the occasional detractor on this forum. You go boys (and girl)!

PJJ

• Like 3

LOL , now thats FUNNY :) The tat's on my chest and all over my body are Choctaw/Mobilian . That side of my family's been down here a loooong time LOL

I posted your quote in that thread, and someone backed it up with some old historic pictures that had the symbol in them (same ones you have on your chest) that people were relating to the KKK. The accusers soon ate their words, and realized they were wrong.

I posted your quote in that thread, and someone backed it up with some old historic pictures that had the symbol in them (same ones you have on your chest) that people were relating to the KKK. The accusers soon ate their words, and realized they were wrong.

I think that as some folks hit "rewind" and actually watch/LISTEN to the show , there'll be a bit more of that . or maybe not , most folks just see/hear what they want to . Anyway , I appreciate your making that effort , thank you . Will

• Like 2

I think that as some folks hit "rewind" and actually watch/LISTEN to the show , there'll be a bit more of that . or maybe not , most folks just see/hear what they want to . Anyway , I appreciate your making that effort , thank you . Will

No problem. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the awesome show Will! I think my girlfriend is already annoyed by me watching it over and over and bragging about how after tax return I'll be able to afford to send my gun your way for some work. Speaking of which when I get ready I'll have a few questions for you, concerning me being "cross-dominant" and the charging handle and stock set-up.

Words can't explain how excited I am with finally being able to have you and your crew work on my S-12 and of course seeing the show just made it worse!

Bullseyeboy-

• Like 1

I'll let you guys know to get that M2 running right... the big spring in the bottom of the reciever on the buffer needs to be compressed. They make a special tool to do it.

You have to adjust that to get her running. We had the same problem with brand new in the box M2 machine guns, they fire a few rds and jam. You have to constantly recock until you fix it.

Im sure I did an auto masterkey first. I dident use a saiga because there wasent room for your hand on the bottom of the reciever + its too big you dont have any magazine to hold onto.

I machined the mount from an m203 forging. I used a M16A1 barrel and aluminum reciever Excell Auto 5 shotgun to cut weight.

a1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

IMG_0fdh.jpg

photo-1.jpg

shotguns still title1 over 26in, 18.75in barrel in this photo, holds 7rds 2 & 3/4in waiting to SBS it...

photo.jpg

Edited by mike123456
  • Like 1

its a H&R AUTO 5 shotgun the action spring is arround the mag/tube.

IMG_0087.jpg

The verona SX405 is the same shotgun and you can get extra barrels for $50.00 from CDNN so its a good, cheap, autoloader.

Im paying $200 for only a few inches, it'll be cut at 14.75

Edited by mike123456