Sons of Red Jacket observations....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Door breacher.... ok . having used it extensively , it is one hell of a set up for breaching a door and walking in . Fucker weighs about 12-14 pounds , I can't imagine trying to use it for anything e

I don't know if anybody else caught this, but when Will presents the Masterkey to the SWAT team testing it, he says something to the effect of "You can get to shooting bad guys [sic] faster."   The

SONS OF GUNS is the only reality show I've EVER watched a full episode on...and I've watched all four of these and enjoyed them immensely. I realize the show must be presented within what are probably

Posted Images

Unsolicited show and character comments...

The best creation in Will's shop, thus far, is a daughter who isn't fearful of firearms! All to often I hear, "well, that's because they were raised with guns." Well, duh!

I certainly hope the show will include briefs educating the public as how to demystify guns to their kids. I'd also like Will to inform the viewers how his family maintained guns in a home with children and SAFELY introduced their youngster to the shooting sports.

It's great to see an attractive young woman, who is well educated in the trade, go toe to toe with males and even out shoot them. I'm satisfied that Stephanie isn't portrayed as eye candy fodder behind the counter. I understand the Southern culture but, enough already with the 'I'd do anything for daddy.' Keep her character strong and independent but classy so as NOT to be branded by the liberal left as an unsophisticated gun-bitch.

Perhaps in upcoming episodes there's footage that will show the public, in slow motion, how RJ employees safely handle firearms. I'd add a short mono log describing the safe firearm handling in that previous scene just before a commercial break. Or, a dialog about how Will taught and drilled Stephanie to be safe with different firearms. For example, after demonstrating a firearm to a buyer, Stephanie could show how to check if a semi automatic pistol, revolver, or "real gun" is empty before removing it from the range. Tell 'em how easy it is, show 'em how easy it is, and you'll have educated new prospective buyers! We know the drills but show the public!

I'd like to expand on the $ale price and pointedly state that the illegal street price for the .22 is about $40. However, for us law abiding citizens, the cost to you and me is about $300, $380 with tax. Perhaps a few, just a few, people will catch-on that gun buyers contribute a lot of tax money. Or, they'll note we aren't the criminal element buying firearms.

Daddy is the gunsmith wizard, so let the articulate daughter promote safety and responsible gun ownership.

Peace.

Edited by msrdiver

I watched the master key. That was more then enough for me. I'm watching Minute to Win It right now. I would almost feel like I robbed someone selling a master key manufactured like that for $3,000. But I guess if you can find some one to pay the price for that, then more power to you.

I believe that it's $3000 for the AR-15 and Saiga 12 masterkey combination, that's very reasonably priced IMO. Heck, they only charge $2500 for a silenced Saiga 12. I think you need to pay attention more before jumping to such quick conclusions.

Retail on a Saiga 12? $475

Retail on a Colt AR15A3? $1200

Quoting retail price should more then cover the investment into material/time to manufacture the "master key". Making just under 50% profit per rifle.... maybe I need to change professions.

Like I said, more power to them for being able to make that kind of money.

I'll be in that neck of the woods in a couple months for work. Maybe I'll drop by the joint and it will change my perspective.

I watched the master key. That was more then enough for me. I'm watching Minute to Win It right now. I would almost feel like I robbed someone selling a master key manufactured like that for $3,000. But I guess if you can find some one to pay the price for that, then more power to you.

I believe that it's $3000 for the AR-15 and Saiga 12 masterkey combination, that's very reasonably priced IMO. Heck, they only charge $2500 for a silenced Saiga 12. I think you need to pay attention more before jumping to such quick conclusions.

Quoting retail price should more then cover the investment into material/time to manufacture the "master key". Making just under 50% profit per rifle.... maybe I need to change professions.

I'll be in that neck of the woods in a couple months for work. Maybe I'll drop by the joint and it will change my perspective.

its not just the price of guns...

remember there are other costs

-the custom rail to mount the gun that they designed is not free

-cutting the barrel .and reworking the gas system on the s12 is not free

- you cant expect a gun smith to work for free

- these guns have warranty with red jacket because they designed them you may not care but it is a department buying these gun and warranty is important to them

so $3000 is a fair price

Edited by Battosaii

- these guns have warranty with red jacket because they designed them you may not care but it is a department buying these gun and warranty is important to them

so $3000 is a fair price

Custom rail? It's a Chaos rail with an ARMS QD mount. Not quite custom.

As for the 8" barrel concept that Will said "Has never been done before", he should at least give Tony credit where credit is due. I think imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but Tony holds the market on developing the first 8" SBS Saiga. Will also took credit for creating the first suppressed Saiga shotgun. Wrong again. I know Tony is too classy to start a board war, but I couldn't hold back anymore and had to say something.

I'm certainly not trying to drive a wedge between smiths. However, if you copy a design, please give credit rather than taking credit on national TV.

Caspian

so $3000 is a fair price

Custom rail? It's a Chaos rail with an ARMS QD mount. Not quite custom.

As for the 8" barrel concept that Will said "Has never been done before", he should at least give Tony credit where credit is due. I think imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but Tony holds the market on developing the first 8" SBS Saiga. Will also took credit for creating the first suppressed Saiga shotgun. Wrong again. I know Tony is too classy to start a board war, but I couldn't hold back anymore and had to say something.

I'm certainly not trying to drive a wedge between smiths. However, if you copy a design, please give credit rather than taking credit on national TV.

Caspian

Thats incorrect . The only thing we represented ourselves as doing first was using the S-12 as a masterkey . btw , I'm the one who coined the phrase "Godfather of the S-12" in reference to Tony Rumore , who , in addition to bringing the S-12 to popularity with his innovative design's also helped get me pointed in the right direction with them and , in fact , is in my shop , right now , working on a project with us . "Will" never claimed to be the first one to suppress a S-12 , I do however claim to be the first to build one that was effective enough to bring to market . Why ? Because I did . Which only happened after I talked to Tony [ who had build a test bed version] to make sure I wasn't stepping on his design . Our pricing on all our services and items are clearly listed on our website , anyone is free to match what we do , beat our prices and let the market put us out of business . capitalism and whatnot . If they show a item on tv that's not listed and has a odd price , then I'd guess there's somthing to it that editing lost .

Guy's I really don't sweat the chickenshit and most boards I wouldn't bother even responding to somthing this silly . But I like this board and it's generally a pretty solid bunch . On the other hand , there's a good reason Tony bailed on it . Peace , Will

• Like 2

After rewatching it Video of Discussion, I see that you were indeed discussing the idea of a Saiga under the M-16. It was vague to say the least and was said immediatly after the CAD image of the conversion of a regular Saiga to 8" which is why I was confused. Sorry about that.

As for your prices. I think you should charge as much as you want. No beef with that. I was merely correcting the guy above who said it was a custom mount.

Good luck on your show and hope it keeps getting better.

Caspian

Will has always done right by his fellow Marines and a living example of what "Band of Brothers" means! Semper Fi! Outstanding episodes this week! he is doing awesome things for the Saiga Community as well !!

Episode III: Flamethrower

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/sons-of-guns/season-1/episode-3/

Episode IV: Browning Machine Gun/Stephanie's Bet

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/sons-of-guns/season-1/episode-4/

Oh, and in case anybody actually gives a shit about what the douchebag cop with the attitude said in episode II:

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/sons-of-guns/season-1/episode-2/

Other than my aforementioned issue, GREAT show!

I'm wondering who's paying for Stephie's $500 dollar bow-fishing trip...is the company out five hundred bucks, or did she pay for it out of her own pocket? Inquiring minds want, nay, need to know.

She bartered for that trip so no cash exchanged hands. She probably would have come down on the price to make the sale anyway, she did great. Not to mention covering daddy's butt on the .50 in just a couple of days.

That took some hustling. Im betting she deserves allot more "bonuses" than she gets anyway )

Retail on an SBS, converted Saiga 12? $2000

Retail on a ColtAR153A? $1200

Custom mount and Red Jacket warranty? Priceless

Check your math again.

A gun store doesn't pay retail prices for their guns either.

And they dont sell at cost, either.

I can understand $3000 for a masterkey and ar15 but did you see the .22 they sold for $3000. Why the buyers didn't just opt for a silenced or sbs saiga 12 is beyond me.

That was for 2 rifles that were SBSed and had silencers.

Gunsmiths are not cheap folks. He has a shop and employee's to pay for, not to mention insurance and dealer fee's. More power to him but his prices seem fair to me.

If your a broke ass like me and cant afford it then you just do it yourself or do without ).

Great show Will!!! Hope to see a project where you and Tony and your crew at Red Jacket team up on the show... Maybe a "Gatling Gun" Saiga or better yet, a "Minigun" Saiga...2000 rounds per minute!! :killer::super:

Tony is IN THE HOUSE ! and that's all I gott's to say about that . Well , I will add one thing . You will shit yourself when you see what we came up with . And for those of you who havn't had the privilege of meeting Tony , well , you'll get a once in a lifetime chance to see the master at work :super:

• Like 2

I've watched all four episodes; I like that #3 mentioned 922r and #4 mentioned NFA. This show is a real opportunity to educate the mainstream about our country's onerous, confusing, and sometimes seemingly contradictory gun laws.

Good show so far.

Edited by mEnTL32

Tony is IN THE HOUSE ! and that's all I gott's to say about that . Well , I will add one thing . You will shit yourself when you see what we came up with . And for those of you who havn't had the privilege of meeting Tony , well , you'll get a once in a lifetime chance to see the master at work :super:

YESsss!!!! That's what I was hoping to hear!!! Thanks for the tease...Can't wait to hear and see more.

Gotta be BADASS!!! :lolol:

Sounds awesome!!!

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the way these shows (YOU LIKE) stay on the air is if people keep watching. So do like I do and tell your friends, neighbors and people at the range. Hopefully more people will watch, Will and RJ make more money and Will can start giving away SBSs to his valued fans. :D

• Like 1

Will, I am sorry for the retards that do not understand business, and work finances are a private affair and they should STFU about it. It is not one bit of their business, I for one thing that the market value of your weaponz is very fair. But I guess they want you to shit gold for a fools gold price.

Of course there will be director and producer editing involved, Will didn't write, direct, produce, edit, or make the show. HERP DERP to anyone that doesn't realize that this is on television.

A lot of guys got their start by following Tony's lead, but Will is pretty much the only one who gives him credit. TROMIX has always supported Red Jacket and vice versa.

Next time I want to come along, Will. I've got a few pretty wild designs I've been saving for just such an occasion.