I fought the law, but the law probably won.

So I was on the way up to the grad school I go to this morning and got busted for 63 in a 45.

New road, didn't think it was that low, was in a hurry, etc etc.

Need to replace my 5 year old Cobra, it did not give enough warning, though it did pick up the Ka

band signal. Trooper probably did not like the fuzzbuster, though he didn't say anything about it.

Issued citation, saying 18 over is too high for a warning, and said I was eligible for "deferral"

where I could pay more dough, keep record good for 6 months, and poof, it goes away.

So I go to county clerk, and they're like, this was TODAY, and you're here NOW? I'm like, hell yeah,

I roll at commercial enterprise speed, not government speed. Anyway, they tell me the code on the

ticket is not eligible for the deferral and I r fooked, to borrow a phrase.

So, after some choice words about the lack of governmental coordination, they give me two wrong numbers

for the Indiana State Police Putnamville office and tell me to call them. After getting home, then

looking up the RIGHT number, I leave a message with the dispatcher for the trooper to give me

a call. I called up an LEO buddy and he tells me to just be nice and remind the guy he offered deferral

and would he mind fixing the ticket so it IS eligible for deferral?

Also, the envelope I have says that these are not eligible:

1. CDL holder

2. Speeding 25 or +

3. Previous DUI DWI or other serious offense

4. Disregarding RR signal

5. Passing unloading school bus

6. People that have done this deferral thing in the past 2 years.

I was 18 over, 1,3,4,5 do not apply, and this is the first ticket for me...made it 17 years without one,

so no number 6 either. Think I'm eligible.

Anyways, I hope he calls me back, and is agreeable to allowing deferral. I'll throw money at it and make it go away,

but putting on record, might have to go to court for that one, though I'm not sure how to win this one there.

Upon second thought. The clerks probably lied to me, as I can find no "code"

at all on the paperwork, and the deferral form comes in the mail after a records

check. Thus, they might have lied to me to get me out of their hair today.

If so, the hell I am going to raise in Vigo county will bring summer early.

• Like 3

Upon second thought. The clerks probably lied to me, as I can find no "code"

at all on the paperwork, and the deferral form comes in the mail after a records

check. Thus, they might have lied to me to get me out of their hair today.

If so, the hell I am going to raise in Vigo county will bring summer early.

Go to Court. Be polite. Plead guilty and then SHUT UP!( this will generally get the fine/points reduced.) After Court RAISE HELL with any and all elected officials at the disrespect and lies the clerks gave you.

I'm hoping the deferral form still comes in the mail.

I can go buy thousand dollar guns when I want to, a 120 dollar ticket and

a fee and a defensive driving class is no big deal to me.

I'd like to get it off the record, but paying Caesar isn't a problem. I'll nolo

contendere it and call it done if this deferral paper comes, which it should.

Letter to the city paper's editor will probably be the way I go after all is

said and done. I don't need morbidly obese old women and a man with Napoleon's

Complex talking down to me, especially when I pay their salaries.

I wish Ohio had the same law where you can pay the fine without points if you keep clean for six months the way Indiana and Michigan have. This way if you don't get another ticket it goes away although the insurance companies are informed about the citation. California and Arizona have a traffic school one can go to to keep from getting the points and the state takes your money.

I have one of these in EACH of my vehicles... A Whistler XTR-695 Laser-Radar Detector

VERY nice unit for the price... and has great range and detection capabilities... and wont break the bank!!!

I have used whistler detectors for almost 20 years now... NEVER been without one!!

GOOD LUCK with your hearing!!! :up:

:smoke:

You admit on a public forum that youare an ass hat Gee officer, I didn't mean to shoot him, I only wanted to stab him, and then you ask for leiniency? How fucking retarded are you? Why should you get special treatment, are you Simple Jack or something? You complain about police bothering you, yet you openly admit you were speeding? Do you need a speciel ED class along with the regular one?What is your beef asshole? People like you piss me off. You somehow think you are above the law when you openly admit speeding. YOU are whats the trouble in America today. Oh it's all about you. I was only going 40 above the limit officer! F. U. C. K. you and the horse you rode in on . It's time to man up for once, bitch.

Holy shit, man. What is your problem? Why don't you get out of my thread, you

and anyone else who brings the hate without even reading the thread isn't welcome.

I'm going to give you the short summary, maybe you'll read it.

1. I've got no problem with paying the ticket, nor with the officer.

2. The officer stated I could do the deferral thing on the ticket, and I shall.

3. The county clerk office lied to me to get me out of there, and were rude.

4. I've got a problem with the county clerk's office, not the state trooper.

I mean, goddamn man, did you ride the fucking short bus as a kid? People like

you, who come onto someone's thread, don't read it, and then talk trash from

the safety of their living room are what's wrong with America.

Fucking Mustang owners. Also, people who reply to themselves because they

haven't gotten a response quick enough are trolls. Begone, little man,

you wouldn't say this shit in person to me, so don't say it here.

• Like 5

Some one forgot to take their meds rolleyes.gif

You admit on a public forum that youare an ass hat Gee officer, I didn't mean to shoot him, I only wanted to stab him, and then you ask for leiniency? How fucking retarded are you? Why should you get special treatment, are you Simple Jack or something? You complain about police bothering you, yet you openly admit you were speeding? Do you need a speciel ED class along with the regular one?What is your beef asshole? People like you piss me off. You somehow think you are above the law when you openly admit speeding. YOU are whats the trouble in America today. Oh it's all about you. I was only going 40 above the limit officer! F. U. C. K. you and the horse you rode in on . It's time to man up for once, bitch.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Bron is being a bit too much of an asshole here... the OP admits to wrong doing... and thought he could get a "reduction" and finds out maybe he cannot...

Why does that require you to call him all sorts of names and be a dickhead?

If you dont have anything nice to say... dont say anything...

SIMPLE!

I thought about bumping up the warning level... but instead I am just giving a verbal... maybe you can apply for a reduction... maybe not... regardless... I doubt anyone is going to come along and shit on your thread for it... :lol:

:smoke:

Like anything that has to do with legal jargon , hire a lawyer.

That's your best bet. A good lawyer can do one of two things, get it tossed completely or have it reduced to stay off your record with payment of the fine and/or a class or 12.

Like anything that has to do with legal jargon , hire a lawyer.

That's your best bet. A good lawyer can do one of two things, get it tossed completely or have it reduced to stay off your record with payment of the fine and/or a class or 12.

My father said the same thing. Both of you are wise.

I shall do that if need be. A few hundred in lawyer beats a few grand in insurance premiums.