Weird MREs seem to be suddenly out of stock every where

of the 3 places I usually order from they are plane out of stock,.. this makes me wonder, I haven't heard of any reason why they would be sold out,... CTD seems to still have em, but Nitro pack has had an order of mine on hold for about 2 weeks now,.. stocking up for a spring camping trip,..

my other suppliers I frequent are out too! I would recommend getting at least 3days worth of something PRONTO! of course,..

"The Sky is Falling" scenario may apply here , just thought I would report something I found interesting,...in the last couple of days

:cryss: :cryss: :cryss: :cryss: :cryss:

of the 3 places I usually order from they are plane out of stock,.. this makes me wonder, I haven't heard of any reason why they would be sold out,... CTD seems to still have em, but Nitro pack has had an order of mine on hold for about 2 weeks now,.. stocking up for a spring camping trip,..

my other suppliers I frequent are out too! I would recommend getting at least 3days worth of something PRONTO! of course,..

"The Sky is Falling" scenario may apply here , just thought I would report something I found interesting,...in the last couple of days

:cryss: :cryss: :cryss: :cryss: :cryss:

The government and the "panic posse" are all buying like mad for the last 4 months..

When the gov. is largest purchaser, it sucks for regular consumer. Places that make items, don't add staff because of economy, unless contracts can't be meet. Sort of like plants that made ammo, when wars 1st started. Do wonder why gov. is getting so stocked? :smoke:

The Lobster Thermador with Stuffed Crab and Lima Beans is still around. As is the Kobe Beef Medallions with Scallions and Turnip Greens (Kosher). But I have had a tough time trying to find the Crepes and Granola breakfast bags.

Sheesch guys, go buy a case of Beanie-Weinies and Hamburger Helper, You'll be at the head of the survival list, I guarentee !!! :lolol:

• Like 3

I saw a whole case of them at a gun show I attended last weekend, but I have not been purchasing these things. Although it would probably be useful to have a few stashed in the car in case the car broke down and I got stranded. What is the shelf life on these things, typically speaking?

I saw a whole case of them at a gun show I attended last weekend, but I have not been purchasing these things. Although it would probably be useful to have a few stashed in the car in case the car broke down and I got stranded. What is the shelf life on these things, typically speaking?

Have'm in all vehicles. Gave some to a family while stuck waiting for interstate to open last month. Shelf life is generally 3 to 5 years. Had some while patroling in a tornado hit town that had a 12 year old production date. State disaster relief given out. No difference from some less than a year old. Long as stored under 70 degrees in in dry climate. :smoke:

Seriously... I hate the damn things. I'll deal with my freeze dried ramen noodles, mac and cheese, box dinners, honey, peanut butter, and staples like rice, powdered milk, eggs, and potato flakes. I might need water, but it stores just as long and doesn't taste like ass.

I've been thinking of trying to make a version of pemmican, or original chili for camping and emergencies... but thinking about it is as far as I have gotten.

I never really saw what was so special about MREs.

Purchase a food dehydrator and a vacuum sealer and make your own. Watch this channel this woman is a genius. I grew up in hurricane country and know what it is to be without power for several weeks at a time. No fun.

I have one of these and highly recommend it.

http://www.excalibur...r.com/about.htm

Looking to purchase one of these this year:

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

Be safe and be prepared,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Looks like they are back in stock most places, but I have to wonder why the outage?

I have only ever eaten a MRE once, and that was a long time ago, are they really as bad/wierd as they are made out to be? Guess I should eat one,..

I want to let everyone know we are going to add emergency food supply to our store likely this week. We have had it in stock for a few weeks but are nailing down boxes for shipping to the customer. It has a 25 year shelf life. The manufacture is Wise Food Storage. We will be able to offer it for less than MSRP. Don't quote me on this but I think it comes out to around $6 something a day for 3 serving per person. Tried a couple flavors, not horrible, not great. If your using it for what it's intended for it is probably going to be pretty damn tasty by then. :cryss::lolol: I'll get some more details up soon even if I don't get the boxes squared away. We will be able to offer further discounts on top of the saving for large orders. I feel every person should have at least 1 month of back up food and water. Use it if you can't feed yourself elsewhere kind of thing.

Looks like they are back in stock most places, but I have to wonder why the outage?

I have only ever eaten a MRE once, and that was a long time ago, are they really as bad/wierd as they are made out to be? Guess I should eat one,..

Oh, don't worry about that, it was just the gov putting micro chips into them :rolleyes: