K-Var selling Saiga 12's with LRBHO for $630

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are these directly from Izhmash with the LRBHO? Sexy.   http://www.k-var.com...&cat=415&page=1     Was gonna order the SGL12-01 last night. Glad I waited. Gonna pick one of these up, I

When are they going to get some without that skin graft looking patch on it? Sorry, but that really looks like shit. I'd happily pay CGW for their LRBHO to use on a non-aborted RAA. JMO.... and phuckg

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top.

Well that's cool but ain't that a bitch for all people who bought S12s over the BA.......well, you know.

Yep. Sucks for Cadiz Gun Works, too. Since they're just now bringing their LRBHO to the market.

Wow! That's been added since I last visited their site about three hours ago.

I wonder if the LRBHO works only with factory magazine and/or if other mags can be modified to work as well.

I donno but it kinda makes me glad I bought'a who bunch of 5rounders.

Wow! That's been added since I last visited their site about three hours ago.

I wonder if the LRBHO works only with factory magazine and/or if other mags can be modified to work as well.

I imagine it should work with any S12 magazine. The factory magazine doesn't really have anything special added to it that other mags don't. And I can't see the LRBHO having to use a proprietary magazine for it to function.

The Russian mags that work with their LRBHO have extra material at he back of the follower to push up on the lever. None of the aftermarket mags I have found have this design.

I'm not certain if our 5rnd factory mags do either. My two factory mags aren't here, but I can tell you the ones I do won't hit it.

The option is a simple metal tab secured onto the follower with double sided tape. It does shift the last round forward a bit, and Promags seem to have the widest channel for the rim, they function fine with the 13ga tab I used in place. AGP mags can be opened up and the groove enlarged if it binds, but I'm uncertain if surefire will be functional with my trick.

I can take some pics of my mag mod if you like.

Edited by Heath_h49008

When are they going to get some without that skin graft looking patch on it? Sorry, but that really looks like shit. I'd happily pay CGW for their LRBHO to use on a non-aborted RAA. JMO.... and phuckgayvar

• Like 1

Supposedly the brits were selling the kits. But I have never seen one on the market.

They have been on the Russian Saigas for over a year. The factory mags might work... that little wedge at the back of the follower might hit the lever , but I'm not 100%. I do know the tab trick works.

Edited by Heath_h49008

The LRBHO mechanism has a lever with a tab of metal that sticks down into the mag and gets lifted up by the follower when it reaches the top of the mag. So I don't think it takes any special kind of mag or follower.

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top. The followers on the Russian LRBHO capable mags makes use of that space. The follower comes up higher, and fills that void. Shells never trip the LRBHO because the top shell moves FORWARD about an 1/8th of an inch as it comes to the top.

I just looked at my 5rnders, and neither one would engage the Russian LRBHO. I'm not certain if they slot the back of their mag body to allow for an even longer follower tab, or not.

Some of the other guys here have worked with these Russian LRBHO magwell mags, they might have the exact measurements. I think Cobra had some, IIRC. All we would need is a pic of the follower, and a pic of an empty assembled mag to be certain.

• Like 1

The LRBHO mechanism has a lever with a tab of metal that sticks down into the mag and gets lifted up by the follower when it reaches the top of the mag. So I don't think it takes any special kind of mag or follower.

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top. The followers on the Russian LRBHO capable mags makes use of that space. The follower comes up higher, and fills that void. Shells never trip the LRBHO because the top shell moves FORWARD about an 1/8th of an inch as it comes to the top.

I just looked at my 5rnders, and neither one would engage the Russian LRBHO. I'm not certain if they slot the back of their mag body to allow for an even longer follower tab, or not.

Some of the other guys here have worked with these Russian LRBHO magwell mags, they might have the exact measurements. I think Cobra had some, IIRC. All we would need is a pic of the follower, and a pic of an empty assembled mag to be certain.

Yeah, I'm really curious about that. But if it turns out to be just a follower problem, it would be an easy fix, I would think. That K-Var gun comes with a 5 round mag, so if you're right, then they must have changed the follower.

I think they put a groove in the back of the mag as well. The russian LRBHO has a tab that fits down into the slot behind the top round... I think they made that opening a bit wider by cutting the shell opening with a groove to the back, and a corresponding bump in the follower.

A: the follower travels higher in the mag body

B: The follower has a bump on the rear.

Kinda like the guide "rib" on the side of the follower and its groove. (If that makes sense)

Edited by Heath_h49008

so nogo without a mag?

What box-fed gun has an auto bolt hold open that works automatically WITHOUT an empty magazine in place? Also, what scenario would that even be desirable, since without a mag, you know you only have one shot anyway?

Please, I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm just not sure what you're really wanting this feature to do.

so nogo without a mag?

What box-fed gun has an auto bolt hold open that works automatically WITHOUT an empty magazine in place? Also, what scenario would that even be desirable, since without a mag, you know you only have one shot anyway?

Please, I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm just not sure what you're really wanting this feature to do.

HERP DERP!! My bad, stupid assumption on my part. :ded:

Has anybody heard from cobra about his LRBHO project, for as long as he's been tryin to get the thing out and done right I would at least like to give him a shot at it first...aside from that his has been functional for what ?? at least 3 years now, thats a good enough test program for me.

These new S12's with factory LRBHO bring up a new question. Was there another batch of Saiga 12's recently brought in? As far as I know, the last batch were '09 manufactured and none of them had the factory LRBHO. Does this mean another batch has made it's way here recently? I can't imagine arsenal assembled them from kits, unless I'm missing something.

• Like 1