K-Var selling Saiga 12's with LRBHO for $630

Waiting to see how this works out as far as mag issues. If I have to buy all new mags or followers and they are not cross compatable with a standard s12 then its a no go for me. I have 2 converted guns, and a PILE of mags over half of which are set up for magwells.

I really dont HAVE to have a LRBHO. Its just something nice that I would LIKE to have. IF the Cadiz version comes out and is proven to be reliable I will probably just go that way.

There are a TON of other standard Saigas out there still and they work pretty well.

IF I were a new Saiga shooter and the US 10 and 12 round mags were compatable, or able to be made so Id go that way.

IF its just 5 rounders or 8 rounders Im not interested.

as you said mags are the big issue. Im a new saiga buyer. Hoping existing mags will work , much like yugo aks can use other ak mags that dont have the bolt open feature. It would have been nice to have more info on the website re: mags. If the bho model can only use new mags, we are screwed if they are banned. no one will make bho mags if only a few thousand rifles are in the country before such a ban. More info on site would have been a big plus.All i need is a few 10 round cap mags to work and ild be happy

Edited by mellow
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are these directly from Izhmash with the LRBHO? Sexy.   http://www.k-var.com...&cat=415&page=1     Was gonna order the SGL12-01 last night. Glad I waited. Gonna pick one of these up, I

When are they going to get some without that skin graft looking patch on it? Sorry, but that really looks like shit. I'd happily pay CGW for their LRBHO to use on a non-aborted RAA. JMO.... and phuckg

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top.

Ordered on Feb 1 St got my ups tracking and confirmation on the 3 rd to my door by the 8 the according to ups.

ordered mine yesterday at 1100. got my ups conformation at 5pm. scheduled delivery on the 8th. not to bad.

thanks

Were these for the 109BHO, or for the non-LRBHO model?

The LRBHO model was held up due to weather and KVAR won't even have them till this coming Monday. I ordered two basic models two weeks ago when the price was $489 and had them within a week. Patiently waiting on the LRBHO model I ordered last Friday now. Some people don't like KVAR (usually complain about shipping price) but they have always been good to me. Even got one of their sgl21s for $499 when they were doing that awesome sale about a year ago.

Is K-Var the only one that sells the IZH 109BHO? Or, do all tof the more recent ones sold by dealers/importers represent the BHO? Does the packaging (box) say BHO on it? Does nthe firearm have BHO written on it?

Thanks.

They are the only one that I'm aware of. It is also a new and completely different model than the standard Saiga 12 being sold by most everyone out there right now. Not, sure about the packaging or other details yet since I haven't received mine yet but will be sure to post details when I get it for those interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered my 109 LRBHO from K-Var over 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt shipped...

Last week they told me that they were a few weeks behind on shipping, and that it would ship by Friday..

..I called K-Var on Monday to check if it had shipped only to discover they dont actually have the firearm yet...they are expecting shipment this week, and told me that it would ship later this week or early next...

...I wonder whats going on?

I ordered my 109 LRBHO from K-Var over 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt shipped...

Last week they told me that they were a few weeks behind on shipping, and that it would ship by Friday..

..I called K-Var on Monday to check if it had shipped only to discover they dont actually have the firearm yet...they are expecting shipment this week, and told me that it would ship later this week or early next...

I am curious to see if the LRBHO S12's show up at other distributors. People have said that the LRBHO has been in use for a while now. Perhaps it will be a standard option on future S12 imports. Purely speculation at this point since the only people who actually KNOW the answers think they are too cool to talk about it or it is some kind of top secret information.

I'm in the same boat and i dont like the fact that my card has been charged for something that doesnt exist.

Quick write up from a S12 noob.

Mine arrived on the 4th. Runs flawlessly out of the box with a variety of ammo, even low brass 100rd packs :smoke: . It came with 1x LRBHO magazine and I purchased an extra standard 5 rd mag as the LRBHO mags are not available and no ETA, Kvar's words. The two magazines main body exteriors are identical, I did not take them apart. The visible difference is the follower. It sticks up higher when empty to activate the LRBHO. So I don't see any reason why the existing magazines out there could not be converted to the LRBHO model with a simple change to the follower but somebody more knowledgeable about these should confirm this.

I have one in the shop now. It doesn't work worth a fuck with the mag that came with the gun. The rim of the shell hits the BHO lever causing the leading edge of the shell to tip upward and get behind the barrel hood with 2.75" shells. Sometimes it happens when the full magazine is first installed, jamming the first round, but it almost always causes a jam on the last round.

The gun works fine with a modified AGP mag in place, but that kinda defeats the purpose of paying an additional $100 bucks for an automatic BHO.

Tony

• Like 1

I have one in the shop now. It doesn't work worth a fuck with the mag that came with the gun. The rim of the shell hits the BHO lever causing the leading edge of the shell to tip upward and get behind the barrel hood with 2.75" shells. Sometimes it happens when the full magazine is first installed, jamming the first round, but it almost always causes a jam on the last round.

The gun works fine with a modified AGP mag in place, but that kinda defeats the purpose of paying an additional $100 bucks for an automatic BHO.

Tony

That's interesting. I have had no problems with mine. It functions just as advertised with the stock mag, and it works fine with modified ProMag 12 round drums, MD20s, and AGP stick mags as long as I push the top round a little bit forward. It does not catch on the rim of subsequent rounds with any of these mags.

The Surefire stick mags are a problem. I got started adding a little JB Weld to push the rounds into the right place, but I haven't had time to finish the job yet. The stock LRBHO follower otherwise works great in the Surefire if it is filed to match the stock mag.

Two other things about my 109BHO:

1. It is a 3-hole gun that cycled the cheap stuff out of the box.

2. It seems very well put together. In fact, it took just a little polishing, and the action cycles as smoothly as my E-TAC conversion.

Edited by Raleigh Saiga

Tony, Mine does the same thing. It does not do it if you preset the top shell a little forward of the rear of the mag, about an 1/8 inch or so. I figured if the gun hag a mag well and the mag as placed straight in, it would work. When and you rock n lock it, the lrbho gets caught on the rim of the shell causing a nose up jam, unless you preset the sell first. If you are brave you can stick your finger in and press the shell down and it will slide off of the lrbho and go in to the chamber. I would like to put a mag well on it to see if it works or when after market mags are made, the shells need to set about an 1/8 of inch from rear of mag. Just my .02

Tony

MIne did the same thing with the supplied mag until I took the mag apart and re-assembled it. Not sure what the problem was but now the shells sit more "horizontal" in the mag and the top one has enough clearance to not hit the BHO lever when the mag is inserted.

I'm glad I canceled my order for the LRBHO and went with a normal 19" from K-Var. Of course, it's undergassed and won't eject slugs on setting I. I just got the RMA from Arsenal (K-Var never replied to me) so maybe they will fix it, after I ship to to them at my expense.

Tony

Is the BHO feature something that can be bypassed (or removed completely) for when using non-factory 5 round BHO magazines?

• 7 years later...