K-Var selling Saiga 12's with LRBHO for $630

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are these directly from Izhmash with the LRBHO? Sexy.   http://www.k-var.com...&cat=415&page=1     Was gonna order the SGL12-01 last night. Glad I waited. Gonna pick one of these up, I

When are they going to get some without that skin graft looking patch on it? Sorry, but that really looks like shit. I'd happily pay CGW for their LRBHO to use on a non-aborted RAA. JMO.... and phuckg

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top.

So whats the deal, I DEFINITELY want to see a kit available. I must admit, given the fact that the magz are pretty hard to load with the bolt closed, it would be damn nice to have a LRBHO! Sucky thing is i JUST got my S12, had I known they were available with this, I likely would have got one. Bummer!

The other added benefit is that the removal of the RAA logo and address on the back has been removed so now if live in washington you can do a legal conversion to the Original side folding stock.

I was going to do this with the one I have but washington law makes it illegal to modify any if the import markings. This now appears to be fixed with this model.

pat

Edited by patjsimpson

The other added benefit is that the removal of the RAA logo and address on the back has been removed so now if live in washington you can do a legal conversion to the Original side folding stock.

I was going to do this with the one I have but washington law makes it illegal to modify any if the import markings. This now appears to be fixed with this model.

pat

wa state washington?

I didn't know that you couldnt remove import markers,

learn something new daily i suppose

pat

The current importer's stamp is in the same location on the other side of the receiver, isn't it?

The Russian mags that work with their LRBHO have extra material at he back of the follower to push up on the lever. None of the aftermarket mags I have found have this design.

I'm not certain if our 5rnd factory mags do either. My two factory mags aren't here, but I can tell you the ones I do won't hit it.

The option is a simple metal tab secured onto the follower with double sided tape. It does shift the last round forward a bit, and Promags seem to have the widest channel for the rim, they function fine with the 13ga tab I used in place. AGP mags can be opened up and the groove enlarged if it binds, but I'm uncertain if surefire will be functional with my trick.

From what I could see with the naked eye at K-Var's booth at the Shot Show (Matt was very nice, showed it to me, and let me take a look "under the hood" of the gun) the follower is different, and the mag body seems identical… It seems that just a small part at the back wall of the mag body, at the very top, has been filed a bit to accommodate the new follower - I would imagine that converting any mag to this configuration would be VERY simple, granted the manufacturers of the mags supply us with the right followers for this feature… :)

In fact, I think that you might be able to take the new mag and attach it to the "good ol' regular Saiga" without LRBHO and it would work just fine…

Not sure why its one per customer now but I do know that when they first posted them they had over 900 and now they have less than 50 (if the cart checkout trick can be trusted).

Wow, that's $500k in sales in less than a week.

I assume since their BHO works off the follower, and not the ammo, you have to manuall release the bolt after you insert another mag?

Not sure why its one per customer now but I do know that when they first posted them they had over 900 and now they have less than 50 (if the cart checkout trick can be trusted).

I assume since their BHO works off the follower, and not the ammo, you have to manuall release the bolt after you insert another mag?

The email I got from them says that removing the mag releases the bolt.IMO,that is completely useless.The advantage of having LRBHO in one of these guns is for easy mag changes on an open bolt.Why would I want the bolt locked open only to close when I remove the mag?

It would be better to be able to remove the mag on an open bolt,insert new mag on an open bolt then release the bolt yourself.

The email I got from them says that removing the mag releases the bolt.IMO,that is completely useless.The advantage of having LRBHO in one of these guns is for easy mag changes on an open bolt.Why would I want the bolt locked open only to close when I remove the mag?

It would be better to be able to remove the mag on an open bolt,insert new mag on an open bolt then release the bolt yourself.

Yeah I gotta say that seems pretty useless then.

Yeah that is not very useful.

Reading the description here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62725

It seems like a normal LRBHO as you would expect, not the piece of uselessness described by RRice.

"To release the bolt, you simply release the magazine and insert a loaded mag in, then pull the bolt handle back to release it and resume fire."

Mine ships tomorrow, so I will hopefully be able to comment by early next week.

Reading the description here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=62725

It seems like a normal LRBHO as you would expect, not the piece of uselessness described by RRice.

"To release the bolt, you simply release the magazine and insert a loaded mag in, then pull the bolt handle back to release it and resume fire."

Mine ships tomorrow, so I will hopefully be able to comment by early next week.

Interesting. That description is definitely conflicting with RRice's email from them.

Whoever has one of these in-hand first, let us know. Because if the bolt slams forward upon the mag being dropped, then that's a huge disappointment.

Haha, good luck with that... a member here has a week old order now that didn't ship yet

Really? I've ordered from them multiple times and although their shipping cost is high they always sent it out within 2 days.

I've placed orders in the past and have waited a week before it even processed and got charged to my CC. I'm not a big fan of buying from K-Var unless it's last resort.

• Like 1

These new S12's with factory LRBHO bring up a new question. Was there another batch of Saiga 12's recently brought in? As far as I know, the last batch were '09 manufactured and none of them had the factory LRBHO. Does this mean another batch has made it's way here recently? I can't imagine arsenal assembled them from kits, unless I'm missing something.

From what I heard in another thread that a new shipment got relased from customs around christmas. Just what I heard.

And as of now they are "out of stock"

Edited by SCHULTZE

Ok whoever gets one of these first really needs to come tell us about it...

I want one, but I will wait until I hear some reports on how this thing functions. If I can't get a Tromix S17 I just might try one of these for shitz n giggles.

I've never converted a Saiga personally, so I speak here with some naivety . . . but to me it looks like the button just behind the magazine release might get in the way of the trigger guard, if it were to be moved forward for a pistol grip conversion. What do you guys think?