K-Var selling Saiga 12's with LRBHO for $630

I've never converted a Saiga personally, so I speak here with some naivety . . . but to me it looks like the button just behind the magazine release might get in the way of the trigger guard, if it were to be moved forward for a pistol grip conversion. What do you guys think?

Ordered one last night, popped my S12 cherry! It looks awfull close to a converted trigger guard, but you should be able to work around it unless there is internal interferance to the rivets/bolts. Any thoughts?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are these directly from Izhmash with the LRBHO? Sexy.   http://www.k-var.com...&cat=415&page=1     Was gonna order the SGL12-01 last night. Glad I waited. Gonna pick one of these up, I

When are they going to get some without that skin graft looking patch on it? Sorry, but that really looks like shit. I'd happily pay CGW for their LRBHO to use on a non-aborted RAA. JMO.... and phuckg

It does, but if you look at that void in between the shell and the back of the mag on an AGP or a Promag stick, and then slip the last round out, you will see the follower doesn't come up to the top.

I've never converted a Saiga personally, so I speak here with some naivety . . . but to me it looks like the button just behind the magazine release might get in the way of the trigger guard, if it were to be moved forward for a pistol grip conversion. What do you guys think?

Yeah, someone else mentioned that. Most likely with the longer trigger guard like the Tromix, it might be a problem. The others should be OK, though, I'm not sure. I only have experience with the Tromix.

But anyway..........you've been a member since '07 and haven't converted a Saiga? Blasphemous! :lolol:

Ordered one last night, popped my S12 cherry! It looks awfull close to a converted trigger guard, but you should be able to work around it unless there is internal interferance to the rivets/bolts. Any thoughts?

Watch the following video. At 5:22, you get a great close-up shot of the magwell version of the LRBHO. You can see its relationship to the front of the factory forward trigger guard. Also, you can see how it operates with and without a magazine.

ETA: Link to video (doh!).

Edited by Raleigh Saiga

Watch the following video. At 5:22, you get a great close-up shot of the magwell version of the LRBHO. You can see its relationship to the front of the factory forward trigger guard. Also, you can see how it operates with and without a magazine.

I must have Saiga-12S Exp-01-030.

I must have Saiga-12S Exp-01-030.

I WANT, TOO!!! Great video, too!!!

No way :rolleyes: they would never :angel:

how's K-VAR customer service? I placed an order 03 jan for 2 ak upper handguard catches, never got em , emailed their customer service several times for status , no response, disputed the charge. Is this unusual for them ? hopefully my saiga order goes thru

All my dealings with k-var have went smooth with no issues. I have purchased 2 guns and a butt sock from them and at the same time my father and uncle purchased guns from them with no issues. I though they left the butt stock latch out of my folding Russian stock and emailed them. They replied within a day and it ended up being an oversight on my part.

Ordered on Feb 1 St got my ups tracking and confirmation on the 3 rd to my door by the 8 the according to ups.

ordered mine yesterday at 1100. got my ups conformation at 5pm. scheduled delivery on the 8th. not to bad.

thanks

Were these for the 109BHO, or for the non-LRBHO model?

ordered mine yesterday at 1100. got my ups conformation at 5pm. scheduled delivery on the 8th. not to bad.

thanks

Don't you guys ordering in the past few days have any fear that the S-12 will be banned? Wouldn't you want

to see what the ATF's determination will be, before buying?

Just asking, because I don't have the nerve to step up to the plate, for fear of losing money.

Not trying to create a problem for anybody.

Don't you guys ordering in the past few days have any fear that the S-12 will be banned? Wouldn't you want

Just asking, because I don't have the nerve to step up to the plate, for fear of losing money.

The Saiga would never be banned by the ATF, say like private ownership of explosives or something like that. At worst, it will be declared a "destructive device," which means that you will have to get the NFA paperwork for the Saigas you own, and then future purchasers will have to jump through those hoops as well.

Should the ATF ban the import of the Saiga 12, the value of those already here could easily double. Should they become DDs, the value could be hurt as those living in areas that forbid DDs try to sell what they've got before the grace period is up.

Yes, buying a Saiga 12 might be a bit speculative right now, but for many of us, no matter what happens later, we will still be able to keep what we have.

A true ban would have to come from Congress, and that is highly unlikely right now.

The Saiga would never be banned by the ATF, say like private ownership of explosives or something like that. At worst, it will be declared a "destructive device," which means that you will have to get the NFA paperwork for the Saigas you own, and then future purchasers will have to jump through those hoops as well.

Should the ATF ban the import of the Saiga 12, the value of those already here could easily double. Should they become DDs, the value could be hurt as those living in areas that forbid DDs try to sell what they've got before the grace period is up.

Yes, buying a Saiga 12 might be a bit speculative right now, but for many of us, no matter what happens later, we will still be able to keep what we have.

A true ban would have to come from Congress, and that is highly unlikely right now.

Thank you for your reply. What would happen if the ATF said the S-12's could stay, but only with , say, a 5 rd. magazine and no more. I,m talking about value of the firearm. I am able to get a Saiga 12 for $648.00 (tax included), but don't enjoy over paying.

Edited by Gibby

No way :rolleyes: they would never :angel:

how's K-VAR customer service? I placed an order 03 jan for 2 ak upper handguard catches, never got em , emailed their customer service several times for status , no response, disputed the charge. Is this unusual for them ? hopefully my saiga order goes thru

I bought a pistol grip from them a year ago. Their shipping charges are kind of step. The grip was $20 and the shipping was around $10. I called them a few times and got customer service every time and was very helpful. I would consider buying from them if I could not find what I was looking for some where else.

Thank you for your reply. What would happen if the ATF said the S-12's could stay, but only with , say, a 5 rd. magazine and no more. I,m talking about value of the firearm. I am able to get a Saiga 12 for $648.00 (tax included), but don't enjoy over paying.

There is absolutely no way to predict this at all. Either buy it or don't, but do it because you want to, not because someone said you probably won't lose money.

P.S. $648 for the 109BHO might not be as much "overpaying" as you are suggesting. It appears to be a good step up from the non-LRBHO models, which is why I happily placed my order for one. If you are paying that for a standard S12, then yes, you are getting less than you could for the same money.

Raleigh, I ordered the non LRBHO. When I called to talk with them about the LRBHO, they told me they had a few regular saiga 12's still. So I ordered one. Shipping is never bad on rifles from them. Yes sometimes small things is a pain in butt, but rifles is flat 15.00 shipping. Not to bad. I have never had any problems with their service and I have several rifles from them. Just passing the word along cause I know how hard it is to find one of these now (besides I will probably need help when I go to convert it).

thanks

Raleigh, I ordered the non LRBHO. When I called to talk with them about the LRBHO, they told me they had a few regular saiga 12's still. So I ordered one. Shipping is never bad on rifles from them. Yes sometimes small things is a pain in butt, but rifles is flat 15.00 shipping. Not to bad. I have never had any problems with their service and I have several rifles from them. Just passing the word along cause I know how hard it is to find one of these now (besides I will probably need help when I go to convert it).

thanks

for my order, shipping is 30 to the east coast . i ordered 2 ak gas tube springs(very small part) which brought shipping up to 33, seems kinda steep to me but glad to hear of others good experiences with the company overall

Ordered on Feb 1 St got my ups tracking and confirmation on the 3 rd to my door by the 8 the according to ups.

thanks

The LRBHO model was held up due to weather and KVAR won't even have them till this coming Monday. I ordered two basic models two weeks ago when the price was $489 and had them within a week. Patiently waiting on the LRBHO model I ordered last Friday now. Some people don't like KVAR (usually complain about shipping price) but they have always been good to me. Even got one of their sgl21s for $499 when they were doing that awesome sale about a year ago.

thanks

Depends on how much you want one and the price you find. I've always wanted one and figured when the rumors first started was as good as time as any. Now I happily own 3 of them and didn't over-pay on any. The closest your going to get to a normal price right now seems to be the LRBHO model from kvar. Don't buy thinking about profit/losses, only buy if its something you really want at a price that your comfortable with regardless of what happens. Hopefully most people learned their lesson during the AR buying craze.

thanks

The LRBHO model was held up due to weather and KVAR won't even have them till this coming Monday. I ordered two basic models two weeks ago when the price was $489 and had them within a week. Patiently waiting on the LRBHO model I ordered last Friday now. Some people don't like KVAR (usually complain about shipping price) but they have always been good to me. Even got one of their sgl21s for $499 when they were doing that awesome sale about a year ago.

Is K-Var the only one that sells the IZH 109BHO? Or, do all tof the more recent ones sold by dealers/importers represent the BHO? Does the packaging (box) say BHO on it? Does nthe firearm have BHO written on it?

Thanks.