That Bitch McCarthy has 65 sponsors for HR308

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-308

Jan 18, 2011 - Introduced in House. This is the original text of the bill as it was written by its sponsor and submitted to the House for consideration. This is the latest version of the bill currently available on GovTrack.

HR 308 IH

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 308

To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 18, 2011

Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York (for herself, Mr. CLAY, Ms. NORTON, Mr. WEINER, Ms. ESHOO, Mr. ISRAEL, Mrs. MALONEY, Mr. ACKERMAN, Mr. MORAN, Ms. MCCOLLUM, Mr. BRADY of Pennsylvania, Mr. SERRANO, Ms. PINGREE of Maine, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. MCGOVERN, Ms. HARMAN, Mr. PASCRELL, Ms. HIRONO, Mr. VAN HOLLEN, Mrs. LOWEY, Mr. NADLER, Ms. EDWARDS, Mr. HASTINGS of Florida, Ms. MATSUI, Ms. WATERS, Mr. CICILLINE, Ms. CHU, Mr. SHERMAN, Mr. HOLT, Mr. CONNOLLY of Virginia, Ms. SLAUGHTER, Mr. ELLISON, Mr. QUIGLEY, Mr. MEEKS, Mr. HIMES, Mr. HONDA, Mr. LANGEVIN, Ms. SPEIER, Mr. COHEN, Mr. WAXMAN, Mr. CONYERS, Mr. FARR, Mr. YARMUTH, Ms. JACKSON LEE of Texas, Ms. WOOLSEY, Mr. BLUMENAUER, Mr. BISHOP of New York, and Ms. DEGETTE) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act’.

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON TRANSFER OR POSSESSION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.

(a) Definition- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:

‘(30) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’--

‘(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; but

‘(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.’.

(B) Prohibitions- Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (u) the following:

‘(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

‘(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to import or bring into the United States a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

‘(A) a manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

‘(B) a transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such a licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;

‘© the possession, by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition, of a large capacity ammunition feeding device transferred to the individual by the agency upon that retirement; or

‘(D) a manufacture, transfer, or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device by a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.’.

© Penalties- Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

‘(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(v) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.’.

(d) Identification Markings- Section 923(i) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ‘A large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of the enactment of this sentence shall be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after such date of enactment, and such other identification as the Attorney General may by regulation prescribe.’.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • Like 2

This is the freaking problem with government!!!!

They create dumb laws punishable by threatening to send you to basically dungeons which date pre-Christ, which have NEVER WORKED to stop criminals and murderers.

I believe we already had a law about murder, discharging a firearm in city limits/at public and did that stop a crazy person from murdering people? No.

If you outlaw guns, murderers will carry crossbows and knives. Outlaw them and you will see more homemade grenades made out of coconuts, and flame throwers make out of supersoakers.

The murder/criminal will always find a way to commit their crimes.

These crazy people have no faith, no belief in burning in hell if their bad, so they end up snapping while having a hissy fit and murder a bunch of innocent people with no remorse or emotion.

I'm no fan of dogma or forced religion, this country was built on religious freedom, but I believe part of the problem mass murderers justify their actions is a clear lack of humbling them selves to a greater divine power, which can be anything in the universe they so desire, just as long as they accept for every action you take in your life there will be a reaction during your death.

This lesson is simple, commit murder in life, burn in hell for eternity in death? Why isn't the government making laws teaching that simple lesson to every citizen???? Instead they strip freedoms away empowering criminals, and continue to do nothing at helping educate the masses of basic moral values, and in some cases even help strip them away further to create a larger percentage of big ego cold blooded reptilian zombies who murder with zero emotion.

Nothing about this teaching has to be religious. You can teach it a million different ways with a million different answers, to a million different religions. If your a good person in life the equal reaction in death will be good. If you are bad in life then the equal reaction in death is not so good. That example alone should at least make a few scientists and atheists happy.

Instead nooooo, Big Government especially smug snobby liberals think it's clever to outlaw every god given right that gets people to riled up, and threaten punishment of imprisonment or death. All this does is ensure big brother agencies like the ATF, DEA, FBI, NSA, CIA, Department Of Justice, get a big fat check written by you the tax payer, which is payed out to all the friends of elected officals who are put into high profile positions in these types of agencies. Of course they already have laws in every school FORBIDDING teaching anything close to the examples I have made with their bogus philosophy on separation of church and state, so when a kid who isn't getting these morals taught at home or school ends up a social outcast and top that off with a preexisting mental health disorder and in a few years you will have a insane apathetic murdering sociopath, BUT BLAME THE HIGH CAPACITY magazines and the Glock 19 the liberals complain, that's what made the guy snap and made it so easy for him to kill. What a bunch of fucking morons!

What needs to be outlawed is big government! Not high cap magazines!! Gun magazines are just the newest example on a long list of freedoms big government wants destroyed all to rip off the tax payer for a few measly dollars! It's all a SCAM and I'm SICK of it.

Example of fun freedoms Government loves to Outlaw over the course of history to enslave their population into taxed crazy zombies!

Freedom of religion!

Freedom to own land.

Books, writings, freedom of speech.

Right to marry

Right to not marry

Different forms of art.

Premarital sex "my favorite :) "

Sodomy laws outlawing sexual acts with your own wife STILL IN THE BOOKS IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY IN SOME PLACES LOL!!

Prohibition - Alcohol, I don't know how they ever got this one with blood of Christ is wine!

Prohibition - Marijuana and other harmless drugs.

Other prohibition laws stating what your allowed to eat/drink/smoke and put into your body.

And Finally Weapons. Guns, knives, crossbows, rocks. The only things we have left to defend our selves when everyone becomes lifeless emotionless zombies and the whole system collapses while criminals overthrow big government and take over a country.

I beg you to help spread this message. Write your elected officials tell them how you feel. We already have hundreds of thousands if not millions of these criminally insane apathetic people in our society, lets do our best to try to actually ensure the next generation inherits a better system of education, morals, and government than we have today.

• Like 3

I am assuming that most, if not all of them are Democrats.

I'm sure most are, but the scary thing is I've heard it's picking up bi-partisan support..... :cryss:

No need to assume or "hear" about these things. Just check the list of co-sponsors. They are all Democrats.

Here's the thing: none of this is new.

McCarthy tries constantly for things like this. Look at her record, there's like 1000+ bills similar to this that have all been shot down except 5 or so that are the mildest of this kind of thing.

Do I think this has any chance at getting through current congress? Little, but there are still sellouts among the ranks...

The overall point is something else, like axegrinder said, McCarthy has a level of mentality that makes her unfit to do be considered seriously in most things and it is scary that someone such as her with less than half a brain is in a position to tell everyone else the laws they must live under.

The only people that take her seriously are those who themselves suffer from similar liberal mental disorders. They make their way into positions of political power where they have the power to tell sane people how they are going to live their own lives under insane laws.

Liberty suffers and it is up to us, sane people of sound mind, to remove them from their position to do us harm.

If we don't, then we deserve our liberty taken and our soverignty stripped.

You all (general public) better learn real quick. You should be taking lessons from the current events in Egypt.

Edited by Kalashniklown

I'm so tired of hearing about this, with people pissing their pants and commencing in panic-buying. Most vendors won't care that they'll be banned, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank as they mark up the prices on what they have left. Might as well accept that things will never go back to the way things were and that they'll only get worse. The sooner most folks realize it, the easier it will be for them to accept it. A lot of people who claim they'll fight the government should our rights be stripped away, are the ones who will roll over at the first sign of trouble. If you panic about shit getting banned like it's the end of the world, you'll go ape-shit and be so fucking disorganized when "shit-hits-the-fan" that you'll probably be among the first to be killed.

Just my .02

We have a fresh crop of congress-critters, time to remind them who put them there.

I'll be concerned if it gets out of committee.

In most cases, they don't serve their constituents, they serve themselves and fuck their constituents :lolol:

I wonder if she realizes that in the unlikely event that this bill passes, she will constantly be in the "crosshairs" of quite a few whack-o gun owners that she is trying to disarm. She will probably need to be in some sort of witness protection type program if this hatches into life.

I wonder if she realizes that in the unlikely event that this bill passes, she will constantly be in the "crosshairs" of quite a few whack-o gun owners that she is trying to disarm. She will probably need to be in some sort of witness protection type program if this hatches into life.

It's those whack-o's that are going to give the rest of us upstanding, sane gun owners that negative stereotype that we're all like that.

• Like 1

It's those whack-o's that are going to give the rest of us upstanding, sane gun owners that negative stereotype that we're all like that.

I agree, Unfortunately theres always a rotten apple that spoils the bunch.

• Like 1

I agree, Unfortunately theres always a rotten apple that spoils the bunch.

Yup, and instead of disposing of just that one bad apple, since it's somehow been in contact with all the other apples in the bunch, they're all deemed spoiled.

Several types of people support gun control. Some are the maliciously motivated ones concerned with the state having a monopoly on violence. Some are the genuinely well meaning ones who are simply misled on the issue. Some don't really care at all, they just go with the flow. Some of them are emotionally motivated and support gun control only out of a misplaced outlet of their grief.

I think McCarthy falls into the fourth category. She fails to realize no amount of legislation will bring her son and husband back, and nothing she could have done would have stopped the LI RR Massacre. I think her actions need to be called into question much more often, after almost 20 years she is still wracked by grief and in denial, and a person like that is simply not fit to lead IMO.

• Like 4

Several types of people support gun control. Some are the maliciously motivated ones concerned with the state having a monopoly on violence. Some are the genuinely well meaning ones who are simply misled on the issue. Some don't really care at all, they just go with the flow. Some of them are emotionally motivated and support gun control only out of a misplaced outlet of their grief.

I think McCarthy falls into the fourth category. She fails to realize no amount of legislation will bring her son and husband back, and nothing she could have done would have stopped the LI RR Massacre. I think her actions need to be called into question much more often, after almost 20 years she is still wracked by grief and in denial, and a person like that is simply not fit to lead IMO.

+1

I like you Classy!

who cares if its hi cap or lo cap mags. can do the same amount of damage. this shit wont go through.

I sure hope your right. However, it would be a good idea for all of us to let our newly elected officials know, that we do not want this type of legeslation becoming law ever again. Hopefully the NRA will listen as well.

First, she's going after our standard capacity magazines. Next, she'll be going after our shoulder things that go up!

Regardless of how unlikely it may seem that this may come to pass, it would be prudent to write up letters and send them to our respective representatives' staffers. It may be of little ultimate effect, but if you don't fight it then you'll have no standing to complain if it passes. Do it now. Invest 10 minutes and 44 cents in the future of this country or at least your own moral indignation. Chances are pretty good you're already at your computer. Open your word processor or text editor and write three paragraphs: One, HR308 is an infringement on the Second Amendment and an already highly restricted and lawful industry; two, gun control is a politically sensitive issue and you'd hate to see him/her lose his/her job over this; three, thank him/her for his/her "service" and express your wish for wise governance during the rest of his/her current term.

• Like 2

First, she's going after our standard capacity magazines. Next, she'll be going after our shoulder things that go up!

Never give an inch to these people, they'll use it to get much further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGF1NP-FrCU

Sadly, I think fighting this will be an uphill battle. The other side has the momentum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MZ73s447k

• Like 1