Titan Rail

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

X2 i can hardly wait!

They're at hard coating this week and hopefully off to laser marking, then back to Chaos for shipping.

Can I get a top rail only with the sights mounted? I'd really like to simply replace my extended top rail with sights.

Posted Images

Hey Cameron,

I know you're a busy man, so I figured I'd post here for a casual response at your convenience.

I'm impatiently waiting for my 2nd batch Titan.

I was wondering if we can get a status update on these?

Batch in process/being finished/at laser marking?

Thanks!

They're at hard coating this week and hopefully off to laser marking, then back to Chaos for shipping.

Sweet, thanks! Can't wait!

hey Cameron, My order is in for a titan and i got my email about it.

Do you think that you'll have any time to explain how to turn the dust cover into a folding one?

Thanks!

Sure, we will be releasing a kit part, that are rectangular shaped steel parts flat on one side radius on the other. They will have some stock left on them, not a lot, but some to file fit. Then these keys will need to be tig welded on brazed on the dust cover and then screwed to the rail. You will have to make a small cut out on the front of the dust to allow for hinging.

I'm alittle confused about this.

The Chaos website shows and advertises the Titan rail as having a hinged top:

From Chaos website:

"Made for Saiga 12, The Chaos Titan Rail System is manufactured to highest standards in the industry. It Extends at 18", hinges open for dust cover removal and access. The Titan Rail System also includes drilled/tapped holes for installation of "Chaos H&K Style Sights" (sold seperately). Our MIL-STD-1913 rails are made from aircraft grade 6061 aluminum alloy.Hard coat military specification MIL-A-8625 or Type III non-reflective black. Weight: 23 oz. (May require some file fitting) "

Is this question about how to integrate a dust cover into the rear section of the Titan, to avoid having two folding pieces? Or modifying the Titan to have a hinged rear section?

hey Cameron, My order is in for a titan and i got my email about it.

Do you think that you'll have any time to explain how to turn the dust cover into a folding one?

Thanks!

Sure, we will be releasing a kit part, that are rectangular shaped steel parts flat on one side radius on the other. They will have some stock left on them, not a lot, but some to file fit. Then these keys will need to be tig welded on brazed on the dust cover and then screwed to the rail. You will have to make a small cut out on the front of the dust to allow for hinging.

I'm alittle confused about this.

The Chaos website shows and advertises the Titan rail as having a hinged top:

From Chaos website:

"Made for Saiga 12, The Chaos Titan Rail System is manufactured to highest standards in the industry. It Extends at 18", hinges open for dust cover removal and access. The Titan Rail System also includes drilled/tapped holes for installation of "Chaos H&K Style Sights" (sold seperately). Our MIL-STD-1913 rails are made from aircraft grade 6061 aluminum alloy.Hard coat military specification MIL-A-8625 or Type III non-reflective black. Weight: 23 oz. (May require some file fitting) "

Is this question about how to integrate a dust cover into the rear section of the Titan, to avoid having two folding pieces? Or modifying the Titan to have a hinged rear section?

The question was about converting the dust cover to being attached to the folding portion of the rail. The Titan is hinged, my dust cover is not.

The Titan is hinged, we will be releasing a small kit that will consist of weld on pieces that allow you to mount the dust cover to the rail, for those who want the cover to hing with the rail.

ARE THERE 2 OR 3 ROUNDS OF PREORDERS? HAVE ANY SHIPPED AT ALL YET? WHAT IS THE EXSPECTED WAIT FROM AN ORDER PLACED TODAY. ROUGHLY

ALSO IS THERE ANY NEMESIS IN STOCK OR HOW DO YOU ORDER ONE OF THOSES

Edited by vermontmadman

ARE THERE 2 OR 3 ROUNDS OF PREORDERS? HAVE ANY SHIPPED AT ALL YET? WHAT IS THE EXSPECTED WAIT FROM AN ORDER PLACED TODAY. ROUGHLY

ALSO IS THERE ANY NEMESIS IN STOCK OR HOW DO YOU ORDER ONE OF THOSES

2nd batch is being laser mark and will shipping in a week or so, the 3rd batch is less than four weeks out. We are not manufacturing the Nemesis yet, hopefully in batch four these will start to surface.

Just got a shipment email from Chaos...

Titan time!

Ditto. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

you guys by chance remember when you ordered them ? im getting pretty antzy myself !

I ordered mine Feb 07, 2011.

I should get mine sometime next week, the USPS tracking info still has not updated..

Just got a shipment email from Chaos...

Titan time!

Ditto. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

you guys by chance remember when you ordered them ? im getting pretty antzy myself !

I ordered mine Feb 07, 2011.

I should get mine sometime next week, the USPS tracking info still has not updated..

Looks like it'll arrive today.

If I get it on, I'll be sure to post some pics.

It is awesome Thanks Cam.

I have it on but don't know how to post pics on my phone. Sorry guys.

Only have one concern, my rail is flat but is not straight from side to side. It angles slightly at the hinge. My be my gun, you know how they are. Not sure if my irons will be on but I'm wanting a reflex sight anyway. Other than that, very solid and looks badass.

Only have one concern, my rail is flat but is not straight from side to side. It angles slightly at the hinge. My be my gun, you know how they are. Not sure if my irons will be on but I'm wanting a reflex sight anyway. Other than that, very solid and looks badass.

Al..Did you ever receive a shipping notice? Just wondering...

Anyone think running MAGPUL MBUS GEN 2 Sights are poor form...

I get the set at a pretty good LE price...

Still contemplating the Chaos set though...

I'm not sure about the Gen 2, but the Gen 1 sits about half an inch taller than the Chaos set.

I'm having trouble getting a proper cheek weld with this new setup.

If I'm not mistaken, this rail system sits a little higher than the Chaos Extended Rail, or just having the sights closer makes it difficult to get a good sight picture.

Is there a way to get this rail to sit lower at the top?

I got mine friday. Its beautiful. Really nice design Cameron,its got steel where it needs it,and still pretty light. Now if I can get any kind of response from redjacket on my shotgun I'll know when I can install this work of art.

I would also like to say the customer service at Chaos is top notch. I just moved and had to change the address,sent them an email ,and with in a day I got an email back saying"its done". Great products great customer service! :super:

Al..Did you ever receive a shipping notice? Just wondering...

No I didn't