Titan Rail

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

X2 i can hardly wait!

They're at hard coating this week and hopefully off to laser marking, then back to Chaos for shipping.

Can I get a top rail only with the sights mounted? I'd really like to simply replace my extended top rail with sights.

Posted Images

Are you guys scheduled to receive 2nd or 3rd batch? Just wondering if the 3rd batch is being sent out earlier than expected.

Batch three. It seems on time to me, per Cameron:

4/2/11 - the 3rd batch is less than four weeks out.

4/19/11 - We are finishing up on the third batch and should be shipping those in about 3 weeks.

Can't wait to receive it, but I won't be able to reassemble mine for a bit yet, my parts are out for polishing and I've got one or two other new goodies I haven't even ordered yet. I was also thinking batch 3 would be another week or two out at least...when waiting on production runs like this its usually best to assume some delays, but Cameron's timelines seem to be fairly accurate on this one.

Received mine today and installed it. Let me say I think it's a fine piece of workmanship and I love it. I do want to share a couple experiences though, which I attribute either to the loose tolerances of the Saiga or my inexperience or both...not necessarily the Titan design which is great.

When I first got it on the recoil spring retainer button would not even come through the hole. No problem, I knew I had to file. I did not really have the right sized file so I used a dremel with a small bit and a file that was really too large to keep the corners square. I had to take off a considerable amount of material, and the back of the rail was still too low. At this point I started looking at the front to see if something was off there, and I decided that the flat areas on either side of the lug with the screw where the bottom rail fastens was too high and milled unevenly, so I put a sanding wheel on the dremel and took them down a considerable amount, until the rail contacted flat on the lug around the screw. This helped the alignment on the rear a lot, but it was still not flat. I removed even more under the recoil spring button until it finally popped in and out easily. The rail is still not completely flat front to back, the back is a little low, but it's close enough I now think the adjustment in my sights will make up for it. Frankly I wore out my little grinding tip so I couldn't move it more if I wanted to.

The one suggested change I would make is the planing screw on the top back -- it is really short. By the time mine contacts the dust cover, it's almost coming out of the hole. I'd need a longer screw to really force the rail tight in back. It does seem solid as is right now and I'm happy with it though, can't wait to find some time to shoot it.

Edited by spaniel

When the titan rail is installed do you need to remove the factory sites. What about if they are the adjustable factory sites??

Instructions with mine focused a lot more on removing the rear site than actually installing the Titan....so yes, rear site comes off. But not the front.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just curious more then not. I know Cameron is well above board with sales,and quality just jonsing the titan rail. I like the way m s12 looks now but i will like it even more after its titanized. Looks like their starting to ship out just got the tracking number via email.

Edited by MrBoomstick

I was just curious more then not. I know Cameron is well above board with sales,and quality just jonsing the titan rail. I like the way m s12 looks now but i will like it even more after its titanized. Looks like their starting to ship out just got the tracking number via email.

I hope i get my tracking number soon! ive been anxiously waiting for the titan to finish my build!

Just got mine installed ish, still have to file a bit more on the back, but it lock in well enough for shouldering it. It cleaned up the look of my saiga nicely my eotech 512 is on the rail and it co witnesses nicely with my m bus flip up sights, not that its all that important for a shotgun, just wanted to see if i could do it. The Titan is one nice piece of furniture.

Hey Cameron I ordered a top rail only back on the 6th of June and I was wondering if mine would be shipping out with this batch as well. Cant wait to see what you got in mind for the 7.62x39 saiga also.

PM inbound.

Thanks for making such a quality item for my S-12. I've always wanted a hinged top rail. My folding iron sights and the holographic sight mounted up, and lined up with ease. The Titan is easy to install, top notch quality, inexpensive and looks great. Chaos rules!!!!

post-21372-0-94423300-1310788106_thumb.jpg

Cameron, got my Titan rail system over the weekend. I mounted the bottom tri rail so far with loctite, and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of your product! Looks great, very sturdy, lighter than I expected. I can't stress how much I like the rail system. I haven't bolted on the Titan top rail because I'm still waiting for my FCG and glassbolt I sent off to Pauly, once I get that back and installed, I'll be even closer to final completion!

I noticed the small screws at the rear of the top rail and I'm assuming they're for mounting the hinged portion to the dust cover to allow it to become one functioning piece like I had read somewhere. I'm guessing two small holes would be tapped on the dust cover to allow installation, but I didn't receive any instruction with the Titan rail system whatsoever. If you have a PDF doc maybe you could email it to me.

On a side note, I didn't receive the barrel nut in the packaging and I triple checked all the bubble wrap, and plastic. I'll be ordering a warthog and HK sights soon, so maybe you could send me a PM if possible.

Cameron, got my Titan rail system over the weekend. I mounted the bottom tri rail so far with loctite, and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of your product! Looks great, very sturdy, lighter than I expected. I can't stress how much I like the rail system. I haven't bolted on the Titan top rail because I'm still waiting for my FCG and glassbolt I sent off to Pauly, once I get that back and installed, I'll be even closer to final completion!

I noticed the small screws at the rear of the top rail and I'm assuming they're for mounting the hinged portion to the dust cover to allow it to become one functioning piece like I had read somewhere. I'm guessing two small holes would be tapped on the dust cover to allow installation, but I didn't receive any instruction with the Titan rail system whatsoever. If you have a PDF doc maybe you could email it to me.

On a side note, I didn't receive the barrel nut in the packaging and I triple checked all the bubble wrap, and plastic. I'll be ordering a warthog and HK sights soon, so maybe you could send me a PM if possible.

PM inbound.

A note on fastening the hinged rear to the dust cover....

I have no idea what Cameron's plans were for this, but I had to figure a solution myself. Ivan had a little too much vodka when stamping my dust cover so the angle is shallower than that of the Titan rail...so the button from the recoil spring does not come through far enough to reliably hold the hinged part down. It typically popped off in 2-3 rounds.

I drilled/tapped 2 holes for the 10-32 Allen head screws that anyone who has converted a Saiga probably has a handful left over. One each side, about 1/3 the way up from the bottom of the back plate of the rail. I got a couple nuts (as the thickness of the Titan place and dust cover was not enough to trust just the little threads) and ground them so they cleared the square hole for the recoil button. This semi-permanently attaches the rail to the dust cover, and there is plenty of play on the front to get the front edge of the dust cover into the groove where it belongs and snap the back down.