NEW SAIGA-12 BOLT-HOLD-OPEN!

Yeah, it would be nice if you guys included in the description that proprietary or modified magazines must be used for the LRBHO to function properly. Also, isn't the LRBHO going to be a standard feature on all future imports? Why the inflated price?

• Like 1

Just a question. Can it still be converted? That button looks like it will get in the way of moving the trigger forward. If it can be converted, I would like to order one. If not, I'll look for an older model. Forgoing the LRBHO and being able to convert is more desirable to me.

Yes it can be converted. The only thing the LRBHO would possibly get in the way of is the Tromix trigger guard. It comes a little far forward and may not have enough clearance. Other than that, you're good.

Just got off the phone with the rep at Kvar, they will accept standard mags, but the lrbho will not work with them?

The lrbho requires new mags with a different follower, and the back of the mag is 'shaved'.

Apparently their webmaster is out for the day so it will be like Monday before we hear from them.

They also said, although who knows if you could believe it or not, that they come off the boat like this.

Just got off the phone with the rep at Kvar, they will accept standard mags, but the lrbho will not work with them?

The lrbho requires new mags with a different follower, and the back of the mag is 'shaved'.

Apparently their webmaster is out for the day so it will be like Monday before we hear from them.

They also said, although who knows if you could believe it or not, that they come off the boat like this.

As far as I know, all future shipments will come with the LRBHO standard. It's just a matter of selling off all of the old inventory before we see them at every distributor. I don't know if Izhmash is charging more for the Saiga 12 now that it's added, or if K-Var just see's it as an opportunity to make a few extra bucks from an "added feature". Only time till tell.

Im interested but skeptical if its worth going away from a standard s12. What about aftermarket magwells? Is the bolt and trigger assy the same?

I don't see any reason the bolt or trigger assembly would be changed in any way. This is installed right behind the magwell. Shouldn't affect anything.

No Thanks, i think I will pass on these. I still have plenty of drums and AGPs. If I want to take advantage of the LRBHO, I will have to change out the followers(if they are going to offer them). Its a nice feature but looking at it. I don't need it. I'm not missing it on my current s-12, and don't feel like I'm needing it. Also, are they going to offer magazines that work with this feature and the big question is How much.

• Like 1

No Thanks, i think I will pass on these. I still have plenty of drums and AGPs. If I want to take advantage of the LRBHO, I will have to change out the followers(if they are going to offer them). Its a nice feature but looking at it. I don't need it. I'm not missing it on my current s-12, and don't feel like I'm needing it. Also, are they going to offer magazines that work with this feature and the big question is How much.

I agree. Piss on this feature if you can't use the same mags and drums. I didn't spend years stocking up on mags and drums for this thing just to have to start all over on the same shotgun with a LRBHO part added to it. I like my shotty the way I have it now, and like you I dont wish for a LRBHO part every time I empty a mag, it is not important to me either.

• Like 1

I agree. Piss on this feature if you can't use the same mags and drums. I didn't spend years stocking up on mags and drums for this thing just to have to start all over on the same shotgun with a LRBHO part added to it. I like my shotty the way I have it now, and like you I dont wish for a LRBHO part every time I empty a mag, it is not important to me either.

+1 to both of you.

To me, the closed bolt loading mod is a better option and cost less to have done by a pro that the extra money that KVar is asking for this LRBHO Saiga 12. It works with all of your mags too.

• 2 months later...