That is how long my FFL was on hold today, waiting to submit my info so I could go out the door with my 2nd S-12. Of course for the whole time, the standard issue, mile a minute mouth, Know It ALL Elmer was ensconced deep in a not so brilliant Bullshit session with no apparent light at the end of tunnel. Made it seem like 36 hours.

Anyway, my FFL said that for the last 3 weeks or so, he has been on hold, in "the queue" with the NICS for up to 45 minutes. Anyone else been seeing this? Once my info was submitted, approval came in a minute or so.

I work for an ffl in south west Florida.. every call in this past week has taken 30 minutes or more if I call past 10am. Dealers in Florida don't call nics, they call the fdle then they transmits your data through the nics database. Once the dealer gives them your info it shouldn't take longer then a minute or two. It's the wait to talk to an fdle officer that takes forever. I have noticed an unusual number of conditionals and denials since the new year, this month I've had more denials and conditionals then any 3 month period last year. We've actually started charging people a extra $5 for the call in if they are denied.

Since the new ATF director came in is when it all started.

The exact same thing happened once before with another director in the past. All it took was for a few Senators to write a request as to why this was happening in the NICS system.

They ignored the request and got their ass spanked for it.

Contact: Max Baucus U.S. Senator and Jon Tester U.S. Senator.

Let them or their staff know what is going on. These are the two senators that wrote a letter reminding the ATF the multiple long sales extra reports for FFL's was over burdensome and to knock it off.

The same could be done with the supposed shotgun study that has everybody that owns an S12 upset.

Best

Frosty