New saiga Importer's stamp in super fugly

if it's legal in your area fill in the mark.

That is legal everywhere U.S. You just have to keep the serial number and model intact.

It isn't like saigas has a slew of importers at one time. Maybe it won't be so bad. I heard somewhere they are marking them Legion which isn't tip toe through the tulips namby pamby sounding. It just chaps me when the object gets treated like an advertising medium for the maker. I strip the dealer's junk off my cars and refuse to wear any product splashed clothing except for my favorite sports teams. Pay me to advertise for you instead making me spend big bucks to carry around your billboards.

• Like 2

So does this mean my old saiga imports are potentially worth more and maybe should be held on to? :angel:

no. not unless you have specific feature that might make it more uncommon. still the same rifle, except some might prefer the legion build over the izhmash. if you have one of the 09 model 7.62x39 with the no stepped barrel, dimple, etc., it might get 10-20$ more. if it has the extra "Y" stamp, that could possibly get you 50 extra. it also comes down to whom did the build.

• Like 1
if it's legal in your area fill in the mark.

That is legal everywhere U.S. You just have to keep the serial number and model intact.

It isn't like saigas has a slew of importers at one time. Maybe it won't be so bad. I heard somewhere they are marking them Legion which isn't tip toe through the tulips namby pamby sounding. It just chaps me when the object gets treated like an advertising medium for the maker. I strip the dealer's junk off my cars and refuse to wear any product splashed clothing except for my favorite sports teams. Pay me to advertise for you instead making me spend big bucks to carry around your billboards.

Be real careful with that. Touching it up with a little paint or cold blue to make it less ugly is probably just fine, but obliterating a federally-required import mark is very much illegal.

They probably have these too:

post-2259-1139541228.jpg

I hear the K-Var ones do, but haven't seen it in person yet.

I have 3 models from K-Var (01, 02, and BHO). The only one that has this is the new LRBHO model (I haven't received it yet but confirmed it with the salesperson).

hatch out marks are actually a normal thing on these guns.

they range from caliber changes, to importer, to year markings (only saw one with a changed year, though)

if you have a saiga rifle in either of the x39 calibers or in 223 with hatch marks on it, pull your bolt carrier and check it for the full auto sear nipple on the bottom rear of the bolt. if you got one of these, its worth a premium to builders.

• Like 1

hatch out marks are actually a normal thing on these guns.

they range from caliber changes, to importer, to year markings (only saw one with a changed year, though)

if you have a saiga rifle in either of the x39 calibers or in 223 with hatch marks on it, pull your bolt carrier and check it for the full auto sear nipple on the bottom rear of the bolt. if you got one of these, its worth a premium to builders.

any bolt carrier pictures? thanks

I had a dimpled '06 manufacture 7.62x39 Saiga and it had something hatched out on one side. Not as big as the K-Var pics' hatched out area, though. I traded it in last year, but I can't remember what was hatched out. Someone told me when I first got it and posted pics, but that was a long time ago.

post-2259-1139541228.jpg

I have 3 models from K-Var (01, 02, and BHO). The only one that has this is the new LRBHO model (I haven't received it yet but confirmed it with the salesperson).

I have only seen it on the 12ga to mark out the RAA. But man it is deep!

post-2259-1139541228.jpg

I have only seen it on the 12ga to mark out the RAA. But man it is deep!

The two IZ-109's I received form K-VAR last week had the etched out blocks like that. One is marked with Arsenal's info. The other is not remarked!!! :ph34r::super:

• Like 1

Since I live between the RAA in Scottsburg,IN and the H-M, claiming a Louisville, KY location, I have to wonder if the former has moved the short 25 miles to Kentucky to form a "new" business. Lots of tax-incentives for companies to move to the Louisville area these days. It would be interesting to see if any RAA employees are working at the 'new' gun business?? :angel:

• Like 1

post-2259-1139541228.jpg

I saw a couple of these a few gunshows ago in Ft Lauderdale. They also had the new style forgrip.

Edited by macaholic

Here's the Legion I just picked up today. The bolt hold open is loose and the spring popped off, causing it to jam on the third time that I worked the action. Anyone else had that happen on a new Saiga?

Also, any method to cover up the mark on the side where they etched out the RAA stamp?

dsc00277ts.jpg

dsc00275js.jpg

Edited by GLine

Also, any method to cover up the mark on the side where they etched out the RAA stamp?

You could try some JB-Weld and use a credit card or putty knife to smooth it out, then finish sand it when dry.

The trick would be getting a good paint match to really hide it unless you just paint the whole receiver.

• 2 weeks later...