Are there any sporting events/competitions that are only suited for the saiga 12?

If one does not exsist, anyone want to create one really fast?

I want to say 3-gun competitions, but I don't think that these are limited to saiga 12s. Why do you ask?

I ask this question because if a competition or sporting event exsist that were limited to Saiga 12s, the Saiga 12 would then be a "sporting purpose" shotgun according to the ATF study. If you read the study closely, they don't recognize plinking because any gun can be used for plinking. They are on the fence reguarding tacticle shooting, but even if they do recognize tacticle shooting they can still argue that you can do this with other shotguns. However, is a unique shooting competition or sport exsist or was created in which only Saiga 12 could be used, then a Saiga 12 becomes a guarenteed "sporting purpose" shotgun accourding to the criteria of the ATF study.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Are there any sporting events/competitions that are only suited for the saiga 12?

I want to say 3-gun competitions, but I don't think that these are limited to saiga 12s. Why do you ask?

I ask this question because if a competition or sporting event exsist that were limited to Saiga 12s, the Saiga 12 would then be a "sporting purpose" shotgun according to the ATF study. If you read the study closely, they don't recognize plinking because any gun can be used for plinking. They are on the fence reguarding tacticle shooting, but even if they do recognize tacticle shooting they can still argue that you can do this with other shotguns. However, is a unique shooting competition or sport exsist or was created in which only Saiga 12 could be used, then a Saiga 12 becomes a guarenteed "sporting purpose" shotgun accourding to the criteria of the ATF study.

Any thoughts?

That is a brilliant idea!!! I like the way you think.

Any thoughts?

I wonder why that is.

That is a brilliant idea!!! I like the way you think.

I wonder why that is? Ofcourse, if we did not think alike we would really be in trouble!!

Edited by Crusader

Ut ohhhh. The split personalities have come back. :o

It might be a futile attempt to keep the Saiga alive. It seems that the ATF will call anything but single shot skeet shooting "non-sporting." At any rate Patriot12 has been good to vote and voice comments on opencongress.com reguarding S32, S35, and HR308. Every little bit helps.

Glock has Glock only matches all over the US,

with Saiga you could have some set courses of fire and hold postal matches.

I would suggest the use of:

timed plate racks (birdshot),

timed bowling pins (buckshot),

hit count thrown clays (birdshot), and

timed/scored bulls eye or NRA tombstone type targets as opposed to USPSA silhouette for slugs to avoid shooting at the shapes of people.

• Like 1

While I believe something could be done (easy enough to do)

I also believe that it will never happen (people are just too damn lazy) and

it would do no good to fight off the plans of the BATF (if they want to screw you over, it's a done deal).

That being said I propose a forum match with some divisions for all three gauges:

Stock being factory (capacity) mags and choke

922r compliant, choke as desired, with a 10 round limit.

922r compliant, choke as desired, with unlimited round limit.

Full race, mag well OK, with any optics, porting OK, choke as desired, with unlimited round limit.

(Other or different classes may be needed)

First suggested Stage (can be done with commonly available targets and a regular watch).

Ammo: ANY as allowed by range.

Targets: 45 (more or less) used plastic bottles and milk jugs evenly scattered between 7 to 50 yards down range (or longer).

Time: 1 Minute (more or less)

Gun: Held at Port Arms, Unloaded, bolt forward, safety on, mags loaded on the shooter or a table.

Course of Fire: At start signal shooter loads (reloads as possible/needed) and engages as many targets as possible for 1 minute.

Scoring: Target movement counts as a hit. (one hit per target)

After classes, target count, distance, and time allowed are agreed on any 2 or more people shoot and post their results on the forum. :lolol:

Now we'll see how much demand there is. :angel:

Edited by Saiga20mags.com

Pro-tip: When trying to make your guns appear "sporting", you may not want to wear the tag "Reactionary Extremist" :lolol:

It also helps if you don't show up to a sporting event, and try to sign up yourself as two people:

Crusader: Hi, I'm here to sign up for the S12 event, and my friend here also wants to sign up.

Crusader: <puts arm around invisible person and talks to said invisible person>

S12 event organizers: :huh:

If you think that's me because he's saying the same thing, you're wrong. Have a mod check the IP.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. You didn't even post in this thread before I left that comment.

Anyway, no, I don't think it's you. Crusader and Patriot are the same person, posting under different usernames. He makes no attempt to hide it and used to converse with himself quite a bit in threads back in the day. Thus, my "split personalities" comment.

If you think that's me because he's saying the same thing, you're wrong. Have a mod check the IP.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. You didn't even post in this thread before I left that comment.

Anyway, no, I don't think it's you. Crusader and Patriot are the same person, posting under different usernames. He makes no attempt to hide it and used to converse with himself quite a bit in threads back in the day. Thus, my "split personalities" comment.

And we also vote!!

• Like 1