No Filing Required!

I posted this under "the right way to fit your drum" but I don't think a lot of people scroll to the last page for the post. I just want to see if someone else that has a drum that won't clip try this before filing.

(NO FILING REQUIRED) for me..

I bought 2 drums this November that clipped in without any filing.. Now that being said I did have to play around with them but I think its something that could be done with every drum/gun. I noticed that when you try to clip them in that the front, top portion of the drum that slides into the gun is not sitting/sliding all the way forward. So try this because it worked for me.

Turn the gun upside down with the end of stock facing you and put the drum in, then if you push the drum forward/away with your "left" thumb while your left hand is holding the gun and then push the bottom of the drum down with your right hand and apply a good amount of pressure and it should clip in "tight". Now all that is required is that you repeat this process until the drum works itself in and your fitting issues are no more. I had both my drums clip in without any problems after minutes if not seconds of just clipping them in and out.

I would like someone else that is purchasing a drum to try this before filing and post if this works for you.

I posted this under "the right way to fit your drum" but I don't think a lot of people scroll to the last page for the post. I just want to see if someone else that has a drum that won't clip try this before filing.

I bought 2 drums this November that clipped in without any filing.. Now that being said I did have to play around with them but I think its something that could be done with every drum/gun. I noticed that when you try to clip them in that the front, top portion of the drum that slides into the gun is not sitting/sliding all the way forward. So try this because it worked for me.

Turn the gun upside down with the end of stock facing you and put the drum in, then if you push the drum forward/away with your "left" thumb while your left hand is holding the gun and then push the bottom of the drum down with your right hand and apply a good amount of pressure and it should clip in "tight". Now all that is required is that you repeat this process until the drum works itself in and your fitting issues are no more. I had both my drums clip in without any problems after minutes if not seconds of just clipping them in and out.

I would like someone else that is purchasing a drum to try this before filing and post if this works for you.

just purchased 2. both needed filing. every gun is different. you got lucky.

chears.

just purchased 2. both needed filing. every gun is different. you got lucky.

chears.

That's why Mike made them like he did. ;)

If Mike had made them be able to fit right in on your gun, Stein's mags would be loose as all hell & this would wear on the mags over time with really heavy use.

Good engineering. :up:

After I open the box and played around with the mags I thought I was going to need to file one of them. The first one snapped in with a good amount of pressure. On the other I went an bought a file and was about to start and got it to snap in by sliding it forward, but I had the two different fitting issues on both which I thought was weird. The first one was sitting flush and the second had the little gap. Just thought I'd toss it out there before filing..

• 2 weeks later...

well yes, its always smart to check the fit on anything before making changes. if it fits right the first time it would just be silly to file it. fyi most of us (not all) check the fit on things before we go crazy with the tools. just common sense. ;)

well yes, its always smart to check the fit on anything before making changes. if it fits right the first time it would just be silly to file it. fyi most of us (not all) check the fit on things before we go crazy with the tools. just common sense. ;)

I guess I was one of those "lucky" ones when my MD20 fit right in with out having to adjust but would have felt comfortable in being able after watching video on how. Great product Mike!! Reb

• 1 month later...

I had to remove material on the sides of the drum on mine the mag opening was just to narrow on the gun.

I had the same problem but the more I used it the better the fitment got. I'm sure some are tighter than other but mine basically shaved itself with use.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to remove material on the sides of the drum on mine the mag opening was just to narrow on the gun.

Just fitted my drum tonight and had the same issue....filed both sides a bit on the front half of the tower. Then followed the instructions to file the back tab from there. Altogether, I had it fit like a glove in 5-7min.

I also fit 3 of the 5-rd Taiwanese mags. I had to file an almost identical amount off the back tabs of each, about 2-3min work on each. Yup, these guns are all different, I'm glad people think to design these mags so just a bit of work gets them running PERFECTLY rather than being either too tight or too loose.