My New Saiga

My advice to you is to shoot it and get it running right before you start throwing parts at it. I know you want to trick it out and make it look awesome. Get it functioning perfect first then go from there. Congrats on your Saiga 12 there a blast.

Look at the oodles of pictures in that section and decide what you like. I like the SGM tactical forearm. It has a smooth area for skeet and trap and enough rail up front for a vertical grip/light. Cost isn't too high and it is light weight. It'll get you 1 922r part.

If different people will fire the Saiga, I'd suggest an adjustable length stock. That'll get you another 922r part.

If I had to do it over again, I'd save my pennys and order a a conversion kit. All in one and done.

First, check the number of gas ports and their diameters.

Yes I have been looking for tricked out parts left and right!! My iPhone battery is begging for a break from looking for stuff and advice.

I haven't got the chance to shoot it yet, but as of now it is still in the box with the wax paper wrapped on it.

So by adding stocks and other furniture to it, that will make it compliant? I thought you had to remove and order American made internals in order to make it compliant??

Also, conversion? Every post seems to talk about converting it...what does that mean?

Yes I have been looking for tricked out parts left and right!! My iPhone battery is begging for a break from looking for stuff and advice.

I haven't got the chance to shoot it yet, but as of now it is still in the box with the wax paper wrapped on it.

So by adding stocks and other furniture to it, that will make it compliant? I thought you had to remove and order American made internals in order to make it compliant??

Also, conversion? Every post seems to talk about converting it...what does that mean?

There are thousands of posts on pros/cons, and how to convert your firearm. Take some time to study some of the topics in 922r compliance and you'll likely find all the answers you seek. It's been beaten to death over the years here on the forum.You just need to invest some time and energy in reading and absorbing the information.

Well I have finally taken my Saiga out and put 25 rounds of 00 Buckshot number 8 through it. I was surprised how much that it did not kick. It did have problems ejecting some shells 1 out of 5.

Conversions- I've been checking out Carolina's shoorters for kits. Does anyone have and of those stocks or conversions they off on your own gun? Likes/dislikes?

Well I have finally taken my Saiga out and put 25 rounds of 00 Buckshot number 8 through it. I was surprised how much that it did not kick. It did have problems ejecting some shells 1 out of 5.

Was that 00 buckshot or 8 birdshot? 00 buck should cycle fairly well in an out of the box Saiga, you might need a little extra tuning and polishing to get 8 bird to cycle smoothly.

Edited by fauxknight

Thats not wax paper, get rid of that sh!t.

• Like 1
Conversions- I've been checking out Carolina's shoorters for kits. Does anyone have and of those stocks or conversions they off on your own gun? Likes/dislikes?

I don't like the Tapco SAW grip the kits use for the standard grip. Nothing wrong with it really, they work fine and they're very inexpensive, I just like something a little more ergonomic, which they do offer as upgrades to the kits. Pick the style you like and build from there. You also don't have to get the full blown upgrade kit, you can get just the trigger conversion and then hand pick the other components. Many of the conversion parts, particularly the stocks are widely available as upgrades to other firearms as well, so if you see something you like you should be able to find some reviews on it. Also if you do go CSS don't forget to get your 5% forum discount, see thier vendor section on the boards.

i just got my S12 a couple of weeks ago. I agree....read...and read. Folks have spent much time

posting their conversions and ideas for years. One person's set up may not be the best for

another. Kinda like boxers v briefs. You need to spend the time separating and deciding

what is suitable for your needs so that you can build a package which fits you.

It was 00 buckshot.

Well it's trying to get past all the BS people post on the conversions, the useful information is covered up by peoples smart ass comments.

I read the part about the paper in the owners manual. Yea I'm planning on getting rid of it ASAP.

Well I was just curious to get some reviews from parts and such.

Thanks for all the info

It was 00 buckshot.

Usually 00 performs well in even brand new Saiga 12s, but if you've only ran 25 rounds through it out of the box without doing anything to the gun then a few FTEs might be reasonable. Still you want to have as few failures as possible, I'd start by checking your gas ports...there are plenty of threads on the subject.

Also did you try playing with the gas setting while you were there. If the shells felt like they had low recoil, then they might not have been what would normally be considered high brass, if thats the case you'd need to switch to gas setting 2 to cycle them properly. Setting 2 allows more gas into the chamber to help cycle lower powered rounds.

Thats not wax paper, get rid of that sh!t.

I believe you're actually supposed to annihilate it.

Anyway, my advice is to not be too hasty, measure twice cut once when doing the conversion. Otherwise you end up putting a hole in the wrong place and then having to custom fit damn near every part in order to make your conversion work. :ded: Ask me how I know....

It was 00 buckshot.

Well it's trying to get past all the BS people post on the conversions, the useful information is covered up by peoples smart ass comments.

I read the part about the paper in the owners manual. Yea I'm planning on getting rid of it ASAP.

Well I was just curious to get some reviews from parts and such.

Thanks for all the info

ITS NOT SMART ASS TO POINT OUT A DUMB ASS. :super:

Okay... then you're a dumb-ass, a smart-ass, and an asshole.:haha:

Edited by Mike1234567

Then stay off my threads...hell because of all of the smart ass comments such as yourself I can't find shit on what I need ass clown. And FYI...my Saiga dream has been 5 years in the making before I could track one down or a dealer willing enough to track one down for me. I ask questions to find answers...Isn't that why forums exist? To find answers and ask questions? So get out of your mothers basement and go fuck yourself.

To everyone else helping thank you. Tdick go play in traffic.

Then stay off my threads...hell because of all of the smart ass comments such as yourself I can't find shit on what I need ass clown. And FYI...my Saiga dream has been 5 years in the making before I could track one down or a dealer willing enough to track one down for me. I ask questions to find answers...Isn't that why forums exist? To find answers and ask questions? So get out of your mothers basement and go fuck yourself.

To everyone else helping thank you. Tdick go play in traffic.

Hey wimbo,

Don't stress about any assholes who try to flush you out by shitting in your threads. Just use a little TP and wipe their crap away. I've learned that all forums have a few assholes and even some are Mods... not here though!! The Mods here are pretty kewl.:super:

Though I do not approve of tnek's method, I do understand tnek's frustration with the OP's "I just bought me a Saiga 12. Now what?" thread.

:)

Somehow I managed to get answers to the same question(s) he's asking on my own by reading through the posts and hanging out here in short order. There are PLENTY of threads completely free of trash talk covering questions like "what's the best trigger guard," "what's the best gas porting," what's the best rail system," and on and on. I found these examples in 30 seconds of just scrolling this forum.

So, my advice is to scroll through the Saiga 12 section of this forum and read until you figure out what you want to do with your gun and how to do it. When you have a specific question about something you're reading, post in that thread and you will get great answers.

You should also scroll the Picture Post to see what different ways you can convert your Saiga.

When asking very general questions it is best to use the search function of the forum to obtain answers, as it's likely the question had been answered in a thousand posts already. I posted the same suggestion in this thread a week ago. It is a waste of time as well as frustrating to regurgitate the same facts available on the forum over and over. Very specific questions can sometimes be spoon-fed an answer, but it should not be expected for very general inquiries. Please take the time and effort to search and learn, or seek elsewhere. This topic is closed.