Best Trigger guard conversion

I am in the same boat. I am looking for traditional rivet in trigger guard, I am thinking about this guard from kvar

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17618&cat=0&page=2

It includes the stop plate and rivets, they have just the guard for $7

In comparing to an ak I don't think it will clear the magizine the front will have to be trimmed to 2 rivets instead of 4, for pistol grip mount I found a template for cutting the square hole in the bottom of the reciever for a regular ak nut.

Any comments on going this rout?

Edited by RavenTai

Have you seen the E-Tac billet STEEL version? The triggerguard/grip nut is actually stronger than the receiver. Looks like a heavier duty version of of the CSS link.

http://www.gogun.us/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_S12ACC.tpl&product_id=116&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=109

Edited by Chowderhead72

If you want a rivet on trigger guard setup. Take a look at AKbuilder.com he has a saiga 12 rivet on guard with pistol grip plate. I am getting ready to switch to this setup. I am unhappy with my ram bolt on guard it lets the grip flex alittle.

OR you could just order one from a Saiga forum vendor and pay the same price.....

This is the most authentic Saiga / AK TG in production. It's the same thing the Russian AKs and Saigas have. It comes with the steel rivets for a professional installation, but also has button cap machine screws and a threaded plate that goes inside the receiver, for a quick and easy mount that's as strong or stronger than any other. I like these because they are the most like a real AK TG, look exactly the same because that's what they are, and the mounting holes are in a triangular pattern instead of a straight line, giving better side support. They also have a selector stop much like an original AK selector stop. An optional solid steel, threaded PG bushing is included in the kit. You can easily bolt this one on for a rock solid PG mount, or you can cut the hole in your receiver to use a standard AK PG nut with the kit. Each set also comes with 4 of the hole plugs used for plugging the old FCG pin holes.

post-1293-0-70176100-1296912915_thumb.jpg

A second style is also available with just the steel rivets, the TG, selector stop, and a PG reinforcement plate. This style is meant for use with the standard PG nut so it doesn't come with the bushing.

post-1293-0-02970200-1296912793_thumb.jpg

For anyone who is intimidated about drilling the two holes needed to mount it, we also carry a steel drilling guide that is made to fit to the bottom of the receiver, and includes the correct size bits to drill these holes, and the four holes you need if you want to cut out the receiver for a PG nut.

post-1293-0-12103800-1296912739_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-56350800-1296912710_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-34093000-1296912454_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That drill guide would sure be nice. I remember on my first Saiga how long it took trying to make sure I got the holes perfectly centered on the receiver. I've debated about buying it for my next trigger guard because it may be something that I'll never use again.

Too be sure, the guide is handy for those doing several conversions. It make it quick and effortless. It's also helpful for those who are less experienced with getting the hole placement exactly like it needs to be ( even if a hole is marked... if you don't use a center punch to start your hole, the bit can 'walk'...making it end up off center... ).

That said...if done correctly, and a center punch is used, the guide is not necessary. All you have to do is line up the rear hole and drop a rivet or screw in it. Then you can just center the front of the TG, placed over the selector stop with it laying over the side of the receiver, and mark your holes....simple. ;)

• Like 1

Have you seen the E-Tac billet STEEL version? The triggerguard/grip nut is actually stronger than the receiver. Looks like a heavier duty version of of the CSS link.

http://www.gogun.us/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_S12ACC.tpl&product_id=116&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=109

Doesn't have the safety stop and is $14 moar.

Etac is the ticket unless you have to have a riveted trigger guard. I hate that CSS doesn't carry the Etac anymore, once they came out with their inferior copy of the Etac they no longer carry the Etac.

If you want a rivet on trigger guard setup. Take a look at AKbuilder.com he has a saiga 12 rivet on guard with pistol grip plate. I am getting ready to switch to this setup. I am unhappy with my ram bolt on guard it lets the grip flex alittle.

OR you could just order one from a Saiga forum vendor and pay the same price..... http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=43450

This is the most authentic Saiga / AK TG in production. It's the same thing the Russian AKs and Saigas have. It comes with the steel rivets for a professional installation, but also has button cap machine screws and a threaded plate that goes inside the receiver, for a quick and easy mount that's as strong or stronger than any other. I like these because they are the most like a real AK TG, look exactly the same because that's what they are, and the mounting holes are in a triangular pattern instead of a straight line, giving better side support. They also have a selector stop much like an original AK selector stop. An optional solid steel, threaded PG bushing is included in the kit. You can easily bolt this one on for a rock solid PG mount, or you can cut the hole in your receiver to use a standard AK PG nut with the kit. Each set also comes with 4 of the hole plugs used for plugging the old FCG pin holes.

post-1293-0-70176100-1296912915_thumb.jpg

A second style is also available with just the steel rivets, the TG, selector stop, and a PG reinforcement plate. This style is meant for use with the standard PG nut so it doesn't come with the bushing.

post-1293-0-02970200-1296912793_thumb.jpg

For anyone who is intimidated about drilling the two holes needed to mount it, we also carry a steel drilling guide that is made to fit to the bottom of the receiver, and includes the correct size bits to drill these holes, and the four holes you need if you want to cut out the receiver for a PG nut.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=48543

post-1293-0-12103800-1296912739_thumb.jpg post-1293-0-56350800-1296912710_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-34093000-1296912454_thumb.jpg

That is real nice I like the authentic look!

Edited by NinerRider
  • 3 weeks later...

the tromix diy is one hell of a nice trigger guard. at first i saw it and i was like $50, probably getting fucked, but then i got it in the mail and it was worth every penny

This is the trigger guard I used on my first Saiga 12 conversion. It almost replicates the original but not exactly. I made an exact copy from an original AK 47 TG, but it was about six hours work. Yeah, alot of fileing and grinding which I fu*king hate to do. Anyway, I like this TG from AKbuilder and I also like the screw build rather than rivets. I will probably use this same TG assembly on my other Saiga 12 when I get it back from CGW with a 16" barrel. I agree that this trigger gard with a black polymer AK 74 stock and PG is the closest combo you can get just shy of the original fom the Izmash factory. +1 for AK Builder.com. :killer:

:donatello: CSS 100 freaking %%% I got it on my S-12 and over 500 rounds through it and still rock solid! and looks awsome! I know 500 rounds ain't much but only had it a short time! but great!

I am trying to get input on the best trigger guard conversion and pistol grip attachment. I have experience riviting and prefer it over screws. I would like for it to look and be well made. Not to worried about price, looking for quality at a fair price.

+1 for CSS got theirs bolts on is rock solid and looks good? but ford vs chevy depends on your likes?

I really like this one but it bolts on but is very solid.

http://store.carolin...-Trigger/Detail

Yes! This one is ROCK solid.

Thanks I like my CSS design also and I have over 3000 rounds on one of mine and it is still rock solid.

The Tromix DIY is a great trigger guard with thousands in use and extremely solid. It just depends on the look you want for your choice.

Here is another option we just got in from MD ARMS. You can rivet it in place or use the screw hardware for a classic AK look. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-937/MD-ARMS-SAIGA-12/Detail

post-9063-0-86137900-1298857758_thumb.jpg