I cut the tang and now want a regular stock. Options?

Would there be a way to make a regular stock secure and sturdy?

On my S12 I drilled and tapped the original trigger side pin holes and put allen head bolts in. Looks cool and definitely makes absolutely sure the internal ace block doesn't move. Maybe I could do something similar to a stock?

i would think, add a stock to the current configuration and sell the rifle. then buy a new one and start again.

if the standard style stock crosses one of the current holes the ace block is mounted through, a cross pin might have enough to hold it.

Edited by GregM1

My thoughts are to sell my ace folder to fund other interests. The next thought is to sell the whole rifle but I don't want to do that. If I decide it is mine forever and ever there is always J.B. Weld. Nah I will just run screws all the way through the original trigger holes. Probably wouldn't look too ghetto. Maybe.

Remove the rear block and replace with one from a parts kit.

Checked apex yet? I see a bulgarian ak74 rear tang for $35... Sounds like a fix to me...

^This is the best advice. Just drill out the rear trunnion that you butchered and put in a new one.

Remember: Friends dont let friends install ACE stocks. :haha:

• Like 1

Remove the rear block and replace with one from a parts kit.

Checked apex yet? I see a bulgarian ak74 rear tang for $35... Sounds like a fix to me...

^This is the best advice. Just drill out the rear trunnion that you butchered and put in a new one.

Remember: Friends dont let friends install ACE stocks. :haha:

Same here, Replace the rear trunion

I accept the right thing to do is replace the trunion but I am trying to raise money not spend it. That is the plan A I would resort to if I decided to sell the rifle with a fixed stock. Right now I am seeking cheap good enough plan B advise. Call upon your inner Bubbha.

I did the math and it aint worth it. New, stock, folding mech, internal block comes out to about 170. I figure 2/3 of that price would be about 110. Cheapest nato stock is tapco which would hit me at least 35. A lot of hassle to net 70 or so. Just have to keep it.

Build a new tang with JB Weld!

I do wonder if it would be possible to modify a polymer stock like Tapco to work with the ACE block. First, I'd cut off the stock's tang so the front is flat. Next, I'd fill it maybe an inch or two deep with a structural epoxy like AcraGlas. Then, using the receiver block as a guide, drill clearance holes for 10-32 machine screws into the stock and its new epoxy plug. The next step would just be to bolt the stock onto the receiver block.