Hello Gentlemen,

I recently have been bitten by the Saiga 12 bug. I've never shot one, but have multiple Russian made guns and love everything bout them. I am going to be in the market for one VERY shortly and I stumbled across this forum. I found the website Carolina Shooters Supply and emailed them asking them to notify me when they become availible. In the mean time, I frequent gun shows. If I stumble across one at a show, what do I need to look for? I dont know very much about them mechnically. Are there certain things to look for before I buy? If I see something, should I walk away type of things. What barrel length to people typically buy? It also seems that the 20 guages are eaily attainable, are there any cons to a 20 guage other than the obvious?

Love the site and Im looking forward to learning everything I can about the 12.

Thanks,

Justin

So I found one today. Hopefully I'll be picking it up Tuesday. I was unable to check the ports as the shop was already closed, they opened for me. I still am a little unsure what the cant will look like if it has it. Can you show me an example?

The gun was still in the original plastic and box. He opened it in front of me.

Thanks!