I got an awesome deal on a tip top shape saiga 100 7.62x39! I just paid 200 bucks for it! This is the first time he was selling anything but oh well! GLAD I GOT IT!!!! well i was going to askyou guys what is the best way to go on making them look like the regular ak! any comments would be thank ful, first saiga i have ever had!

THE SAIGA IS AN AUTOLOADING RIFLE, it has a buttstock with an adjustable cheek (plastic) and fore end (plastic). The Saiga rifles are intended for hunting big and medium-sized game under different climatic conditions. The rifles are developed on the base of the venerable Kalashnikov assault rifle and chambered for 7.62x39 and. 223 Rem (5.56x45) and 308ww (7.62x51) cartridges.

It not one of those, it is jut a basic semi auto

100 series like this?

p_100.jpg

Unless you are good with a welder and got allot of free time it's not convertible.

• Like 1

THE SAIGA IS AN AUTOLOADING RIFLE, it has a buttstock with an adjustable cheek (plastic) and fore end (plastic). The Saiga rifles are intended for hunting big and medium-sized game under different climatic conditions. The rifles are developed on the base of the venerable Kalashnikov assault rifle and chambered for 7.62x39 and. 223 Rem (5.56x45) and 308ww (7.62x51) cartridges. It not one of those, it is jut a basic semi auto

100 series like this?p_100.jpgUnless you are good with a welder and got allot of free time it's not convertible.

+1 for great info. Thanks for clarifying everything for us.

But, for real... they are all just "basic semi auto". Autoloading does not mean fully automatic.

So.. if you have a 7.62x39, it's probably an IZ-132.

Your best hustle is to check out the Saiga 7.62 x 39 section and read up on the conversion threads. There are a lot of things you can do to the rifle to improve function & ergonomics, or to make "them look like the regular AK"... etc, but I would recommend doing a lot of reading before trying any of it.