Tapco Intrafuse hand guard

What's the deal with the Tapco Intrafuse handguard ,GTG or waste of money ? I was thinking of picking up a couple for my Saiga's ,but I'm not sure if they are any good . I was wondering if a verticle grip can be used with them or not . For $41.00 it looks like a cheap way to get a vertivle front mounted . Anyone have any experiance with it ? This would be a very cost effective way to mount a verticle front grip ,if it is any good .

Edited by GONIF

What's the deal with the Tapco Intrafuse handguard ,GTG or waste of money ? I was thinking of picking up a couple for my Saiga's ,but I'm not sure if they are any good . I was wondering if a verticle grip can be used with them or not . For $41.00 it looks like a cheap way to get a vertivle front mounted . Anyone have any experiance with it ? This would be a very cost effective way to mount a verticle front grip ,if it is any good .

Is this the one you are referring to??

005301.medium.jpg

If so, I have had mine on my S12 for over 2 years and it is SOLID as all hell and very reliable. On that note, it comes with polymer rails intended on mounting to the forearm itself. I have a vertical grip on mine and like I said, SOLID and RELIABLE.

post-19378-0-96915800-1297184225_thumb.jpg

I have one, and a folding grip as well (what? it was free) both work wonderfully... The bottom rail fits into a channel that is milled into the bottom of the foregrip. You could probably use one of the shorter rails up front, you'd have to drill your own hole in the foregrip and the rail but there is a hole on the front of the foregrip for adaptation to other versions of Saigas.

You have to leave the hole for the screw to hold the grip to the gas block or get a longer screw if you intend to use that hole to hold your rail...

I would avoid the tapco 6 position folding front grip. I got it with my handguard and it couldn't handle the recoil and folded every shot.

A 6 position folding front grip? What??? Never heard of this...please share.

5 position*

Here, this one.

nzoq6x.jpg

If a Saiga is to be put on a wall with high-points, it must be placed above them because, well, it is... :lolol:

I would avoid the tapco 6 position folding front grip. I got it with my handguard and it couldn't handle the recoil and folded every shot.

5 position*

Here, this one.

nzoq6x.jpg

If a Saiga is to be put on a wall with high-points, it must be placed above them because, well, it is... :lolol:

Its on the bottom cause its on and off all the time going back and forth to the workbench. The mossberg 500s in the top spot.

5 position*

Here, this one.

nzoq6x.jpg

Its on the bottom cause its on and off all the time going back and forth to the workbench. The mossberg 500s in the top spot.

Well then, convert that sucker and be done with going to and from the workbench...

Or are you going to do that when you FINALLY get your conversion kit from MAA? :haha:

5 position*

Here, this one.

nzoq6x.jpg

Well then, convert that sucker and be done with going to and from the workbench...

Or are you going to do that when you FINALLY get your conversion kit from MAA? :haha:

Exactly! But I put on the stock I got from css as well as drilling out my 3 ports.

Thanks for the fast replys ,going to get a couple . WhaT RESONABLE VERTICLE GRIPS ,YOU GUYS USEING ?

If you're still interested, I'll sell you two for $55 shipped. They're in perfect shape, PM me if you want more details.

PM him for sales..not on the thread

I did not violate any rules, thanks for the bump though :) However, I guess it was too little too late... good luck with your new handguards GONIF.

EDIT to fix typo...

Edited by JoeAldrich
  • 2 weeks later...