Depends on what you're comparing it to.

Compared to an M1A, AR 10, or DSA FAL, that's not a terrible price if one has the money to spend.

Compared to a stock Saiga, it's pricey.

Compared to a converted Saiga, it's still pricey.

But it's a VEPR. Aren't they importing these again? Maybe the price will come down.

Personally, I think one would be better off converting a Saiga .308 if one wants an AK rifle in that caliber. The performance probably would not be much different and one would save a fair deal of money in the process.

I agree. Though I think those are nice guns, I wouldn't pay $1500 unless I had money to burn. At this point, I wouldn't spend $1500 on any gun because I'm too broke. But that's me.

Economic theory would suggest that a rational actor might be motivated toward purchasing a rare ak with an RPK receiver for an irrational amount of money. Sentimentality is worth a lot to some people. Money is worth less to people who have more of it.

It depends on what a person wants - a semi-auto 308, or a VEPR specifically. There are a couple of used ones on gunbroker with prices in the same ballpark.

Maybe they didn't get the memo that they are available for $940.

FYI , we are now offering Factory New Vepr rifles in .308 & 762 x 39 these are the unconverted rifle and are considerably less than the Robinson Arms rifles. We also plan on expanding the rifle line into 762 x 54 R & 5.45 X 39 / Some Super Veprs are expected in 1 -2 months !!

:greedy: